MG ZS EV charging

JimFitz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have successfully charged my MG ZS EV at 51kW; I can see chargers available at 350kW so super rapid. Will it likely damage my battery if I try something as fast as that? Can I assume that if I have the right connections to plug in it will be good to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it likely damage my battery if I try something as fast as that?
No. The car's battery management system won't let the charger charge faster than is deemed safe for the battery cells. So a 350 kW charger won't actually charge any faster than a 100 kW charger, on our relatively slow-charging EVs.

Can I assume that if I have the right connections to plug in it will be good to use?
Yes, as long as it has a CCS2 connector, and 99.5% of DC chargers in Australia do. You won't need any extra cable for DC charging; that's only needed for AC charging, and then only if it's a non-tethered "charger".

No. The car's battery management system won't let the charger charge faster than is deemed safe for the battery cells. So a 350 kW charger won't actually charge any faster than a 100 kW charger, on our relatively slow-charging EVs.

Yes, as long as it has a CCS2 connector, and 99.5% of DC chargers in Australia do. You won't need any extra cable for DC charging; that's only needed for AC charging, and then only if it's a non-tethered "charger".
Many thanks for the info.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom