MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

From what I’ve gathered from the Internet, the cars might trickle over as well as having a mass delivery. It could be that a red connect isn’t a popular choice. I’m sure I’d be waiting if I’d have ordered a blue trophy.
yeah thats the impression I get too, though my salesman has been off sick for a few weeks so his Customers have been split between the other guys, hoping I've not fallen between the cracks! :O

yeah thats the impression I get too, though my salesman has been off sick for a few weeks so his Customers have been split between the other guys, hoping I've not fallen between the cracks! :O
I'm glad you have your car coming and look forward to a review lol.

I find the order date vs delivery times confusing.

My assumption was that MG ship cars based on initial orders rather than just randomly assuming someone will want a red Connect and putting one on a boat... Seems illogical given they could have an actual sale already for another colour/spec.

@MilesperkWh was fairly clear about how the orders work in the podcast back in November...see video here from approximately 49 minutes in...

Link to YouTube video

I specifically asked this question as I wanted to get my car asap but Chorley are over 200 miles from me and my local dealers weren't helpful and were really dragging their heels.

I eventually ordered a white Trophy from Chorley on November 11th.

I hope just mine arrives soon... The current 16yr old diesel-guzzling VW I'm driving is showing signs of an alternator failure amongst other problems and I'm worried it won't last until March 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Hi guys, I read a advertisement on FB this morning from CARS 2 saying they had MG ZS EV TROPHY CONNECT for immediate delivery.
either it’s a con or they have more cars than they’ve got buyers, interesting I think.
I‘m still happy to wait for mine in March, but I’ve read on here some people want there cars ASAP.

I'm glad you have your car coming and look forward to a review lol.

I find the order date vs delivery times confusing.

My assumption was that MG ship cars based on initial orders rather than just randomly assuming someone will want a red Connect and putting one on a boat... Seems illogical given they could have an actual sale already for another colour/spec.

@MilesperkWh was fairly clear about how the orders work in the podcast back in November...see video here from approximately 49 minutes in...

Link to YouTube video

I specifically asked this question as I wanted to get my car asap but Chorley are over 200 miles from me and my local dealers weren't helpful and we're really dragging their heels.

I eventually ordered a white Trophy from Chorley on November 11th.

I hope just mine arrives soon... The current 16yr old diesel-guzzling VW I'm driving is showing signs of an alternator failure amongst other problems and I'm worried it won't last until March 🤦‍♂️
Yep I watched the Podcast at the time.
Still slightly miffed that someone ordering a car after I did gets theirs next week though and I might have to wait until march, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mine is also coming from Chorley Group.

Hope you get yours soon (although NOT before mine!!!! :D ;D )

Yep I watched the Podcast at the time.
Still slightly miffed that someone ordering a car after I did gets theirs next week though and I might have to wait until march, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mine is also coming from Chorley Group.

Hope you get yours soon (although NOT before mine!!!! :D ;D )
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'll be honest, had I know it was more of a lottery based on what MG decide to send over, I might have changed my spec or waited for a dealer more local to me.

Fingers crossed you get your car soon... not sooner than me though as I could well end up without a car soon! Lol

agree we were lead to believe December was first wave after demo, then January. then got a call from Chorley. saying end of April, the goal post certainly seem to be on casters. one of the reasons for going mg was the fast turnaround, 😔

agree we were lead to believe December was first wave after demo, then January. then got a call from Chorley. saying end of April, the goal post certainly seem to be on casters. one of the reasons for going mg was the fast turnaround, 😔
when did you order?

I've had no contact from Chorley since placing my order. I've not chased the delivery date up as I understand they're somewhat beholden to MG... I'll get it when I get it. I did think though that ordering sooner would mean that I would get my car sooner which doesn't appear to be the case and is annoying.

I'm interested to hear when you ordered though and what you ordered.

I've had no contact from Chorley since placing my order. I've not chased the delivery date up as I understand they're somewhat beholden to MG... I'll get it when I get it. I did think though that ordering sooner would mean that I would get my car sooner which doesn't appear to be the case and is annoying.

I'm interested to hear when you ordered though and what you ordered.
I still think MG are matching orders to cars on chronological order, however some of the cars that are being handed over now are from the 300 or so that we’re brought to the UK in November. Some dealers registered both as demos, some will have used both, some will have sold one. If there is the occasional additional car, it will only be single digits that was brought over that didn’t initially go to a dealer but has now found its way to one (new dealers etc)

I still think MG are matching orders to cars on chronological order, however some of the cars that are being handed over now are from the 300 or so that we’re brought to the UK in November. Some dealers registered both as demos, some will have used both, some will have sold one. If there is the occasional additional car, it will only be single digits that was brought over that didn’t initially go to a dealer but has now found its way to one (new dealers etc)
There seem to be quite a few people who ordered in December and are receiving their cars now, both on here and in the Facebook group too, yet people who ordered in Nov seem to have to wait, it should be first come first served, surely?. They can't all be demos? Or cars that should have been demos.

I think it is done on a dealer by dealer basis.
If you using a small dealership with only a small amount of customers, then if they received two demo cars, then maybe they have decided to run with the one single demo model and sell the second demo model straight on to a customer ?.
Larger dealerships who have orders for more cars, will not be able to provide as many cars this early in 2022.
It was a little like this when the ZS EV was first launched.
A few customers received their cars early, but these where in very small numbers.

I think it is done on a dealer by dealer basis.
If you using a small dealership with only a small amount of customers, then if they received two demo cars, then maybe they have decided to run with the one single demo model and sell the second demo model straight on to a customer ?.
Larger dealerships who have orders for more cars, will not be able to provide as many cars this early in 2022.
It was a little like this when the ZS EV was first launched.
A few customers received their cars early, but these where in very small numbers.
I can't recall which user it was, but someone collected their car from a dealer in Colchester and mentioned another car being collected same day so there is certainly something odd going on unless that dealer has 2 demo care and gave them both up.

Also, this doesn't account for the users who ordered in late November/December with a date in march who are now collecting their cars this month.

I can't recall which user it was, but someone collected their car from a dealer in Colchester and mentioned another car being collected same day so there is certainly something odd going on unless that dealer has 2 demo care and gave them both up.

Also, this doesn't account for the users who ordered in late November/December with a date in march who are now collecting their cars this month.
There does appear to be a few popping up now. Do we know how many dealers there are in the UK? I’m assuming that each one has at most 2 demo cars and I’m sure I read that if they’re being used for demos then they can’t be resold for 90 days so we shouldn’t be seeming these come through as retail as yet. The vehicle carriers presumably try and leave with a full consignment and that might be on a first come first served basis, so a few ZS’s could ‘sneak’ on and be arriving each week.

There does appear to be a few popping up now. Do we know how many dealers there are in the UK? I’m assuming that each one has at most 2 demo cars and I’m sure I read that if they’re being used for demos then they can’t be resold for 90 days so we shouldn’t be seeming these come through as retail as yet. The vehicle carriers presumably try and leave with a full consignment and that might be on a first come first served basis, so a few ZS’s could ‘sneak’ on and be arriving each week.
Approximately 130 dealers in the U.K. at present I believe, all likely to have two demo cars each.
My local dealer received one Trophy connect in blue and a SE in solid white.
The Trophy IConnect was put out for demo straight away, the white SE went into the show room.
My guess is that the white one will have been sold on to a customer.
Why register two cars as demo models ?.
I know with VW they are not allowed to move on their demo cars in less than 90 days.
I bought one once and had to wait for the remainder of the time to pass, until I could collect the car.
I don’t think the same applies at MG though.
Dealers appear to be able to sell on these “stock” cars at their own convenience.
Does this explain why some customers are getting their cars early ?.
The large and popular dealerships will have a LOT of cars already ordered.
Supplying all of these cars to customers is going to take some time.
If you ordered with a smaller dealership, it maybe possible that could get your car a little earlier maybe ??.
In the past, dealers where give a “Allocation” of different models that they where allowed to order on a monthly basis.
Dealers would take orders for cars that they did not have allocations for, but would not tell the customer at the time of placing the order.
I once found myself ringing around dealerships asking directly if they had any allocations for a certain model I wanted at the time.
When we placed the order, we where told there would be a 90 day wait.
90 days later, I got to find out that the dealership was still waiting for an allocation slot for the car !.
We where finally offered a cancelled order that had arrived 6 months after we placed the original order.

Still not seen any on the road as yet, although that’s likely to change next week 👍
I meant that you saw the dealer prepping a car to be collected and are due to collect yours...ie the same dealer has sold 2 cars which weren't their demo cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom