MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

I assumed he meant he had 145 miles on the GOM at 80% charged, which would give about 181 miles at 100%, just about 2/3, but unless he's in the worst case scenario, e.g on a motorway in cold weather etc, I'd expect better, or maybe I'm expecting too much.
Looking at it the way you calculated it, by his usage, sounds a bit more feasible, 216 would be great.
(y)
Hi, just to clear up any confusion: I was driving from Plymouth to my place of work Basingstoke. The battery %charge went from 80% at the dealers to 13% when I stopped for a recharge, with 145 miles on the trip meter. it was cold, wet and windy, so lights, heater and wipers going.
I guess I will be travelling slower, and maybe using country roads rather than motorways.

Last edited by a moderator:
MPG/ MPK. will depend on the type of road you travel on.

I live in Bexley if I go to Dover via the A 2 M2 I get more mpg than if I go via A20 M20 because of the hills / terrain. Using my Phev Outlander 5 mpg difference

Hello guys new member here. I placed my order today Trophy SR at MG Toomey Basildon and availed the affinity scheme as my wife is working in the NHS.
First thought the affinity is only applicable through finance but cash purchase is very welcome when we inquired so we put down £500 deposit and told to pay the balance 3 days before the proposed delivery date in May.
The scheme is a fantastic deal and saved us over £3,000.

Hi all.

How many of you here have actually ordered the new long range model?
If you have, how was your order process, and what delivery date estimate have you been given? (if any!)

Thanks.
I ordered the new MG ZS long range on 3rd December. Told on Thursday that the delivery date is now May 2022. Swapped to MG 5 LR for March delivery.

I've placed my order... £200 deposit taken last week and literally just got off phone with Martyn at Chorley having completed the remaining PCP-related questions.

We didn't discuss possible dates of when the car would be available.

People who have quoted Feb and March...

1. did you order from Chorley?
2. Did you press for an ETA?

People who have ordered specifically from Chorley, what documents have you received in terms of confirmation of your order?

Cheers,
Ordered 28th November
Update on MG5 LR delivery - next Wednesday!

I've had a thought about the government grant.

I ordered my ZS LR back in November. All my order documents say January delivery, which has obviously been and gone.
Now my understanding is that in order to qualify for the grant at it's former level of £2500, the order/contract to purchase should have been signed by the close of business on the 14th December, and the dealer should have registered the order on the govenment portal accordingly.
I further understand that the grant is then locked in, and the dealer then has nine months in which to register and deliver the car in order for the grant to be claimed.
As my order was the beginning of November, that means that the dealer needs to deliver the car by the beginning of August.

With deliveries now being cited by some being as late as September, where does that leave those of us that ordered early November, if delivery then falls outside of the nine-month deadline?

I've had a thought about the government grant.

I ordered my ZS LR back in November. All my order documents say January delivery, which has obviously been and gone.
Now my understanding is that in order to qualify for the grant at it's former level of £2500, the order/contract to purchase should have been signed by the close of business on the 14th December, and the dealer should have registered the order on the govenment portal accordingly.
I further understand that the grant is then locked in, and the dealer then has nine months in which to register and deliver the car in order for the grant to be claimed.
As my order was the beginning of November, that means that the dealer needs to deliver the car by the beginning of August.

With deliveries now being cited by some being as late as September, where does that leave those of us that ordered early November, if delivery then falls outside of the nine-month deadline?
This is a very good question !.
You would think, that due to the delay in providing cars, the time frame regarding the grant, will be extended.
A little like they did with the MOT due dates in the pandemic 😷.
Here is another question that has crossed my mind.
You ordered your car before the PICG was reduced.
The dealer puts the paperwork through on time and the grant is awarded to that car / customer.
What happens is the customer decides that they are not waiting any longer and cancels their order.
The car will remain ordered and paid for by the dealer, at the old price and will be allowed to arrive ( at some time ).
Will the dealer now sell the car at the new increased price to another customer ????.
If so, then for every customer who cancel’s their order, the dealer will more than happy to return the deposit !.

I saw a battersea blue MG EV today. So pleased that I chose that over the red.
Wow it is stunning it really pops in the sunlight couldn’t take a picture as I was driving.
Mark the date on your calendar 🗓 !.
It could be a while before you see another one !.

The dealer puts the paperwork through on time and the grant is awarded to that car / customer.
What happens is the customer decides that they are not waiting any longer and cancels their order.
The car will remain ordered and paid for by the dealer, at the old price and will be allowed to arrive ( at some time ).

I do not know for certain, but I believe that the dealer must use a customer's details to register the order on the government portal.
The grant is then 'claimed' by, and paid to, the dealer when the car is registered and delivered to that customer and is not deducted from the price the dealer pays to the manufacturer.

That's the way I see it, anyway. Perhaps @Sam Luscombe or @Miles Roberts CG can clarify?

I've also heard that Santander, who MG use for the PCP finance (don't know about HP finance) have increased the interest rate from the 4.9% originally advertised, maybe due to interest rate rises? If that is the case, since finance isn't actually finalised (just an offer in principle) until the car arrives and you then sign the documents at time of collection of the car, does this mean you are then stuck with higher payments? If it is the case, I can see a good few unhappy owners on delivery day!
Keith.

I've also heard that Santander, who MG use for the PCP finance (don't know about HP finance) have increased the interest rate from the 4.9% originally advertised, maybe due to interest rate rises? If that is the case, since finance isn't actually finalised (just an offer in principle) until the car arrives and you then sign the documents at time of collection of the car, does this mean you are then stuck with higher payments? If it is the case, I can see a good few unhappy owners on delivery day!
Keith.
MG UK web site still showing 4.9% representative APR.

Keith.
My Vanarama deal was done through Hitachi finance.

I do not know for certain, but I believe that the dealer must use a customer's details to register the order on the government portal.
The grant is then 'claimed' by, and paid to, the dealer when the car is registered and delivered to that customer and is not deducted from the price the dealer pays to the manufacturer.

That's the way I see it, anyway. Perhaps @Sam Luscombe or @Miles Roberts CG can clarify?
The grant is claimed on behalf of the customer, using their name, the vehicle make and model (eg. MG ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect) is locked in at this time.

The grant is only paid out once that vehicle is registered to that customer. The grant process is audited frequently, so we need to be very clear that any change to specification or customer name will lose the grant. The dealer cannot register the vehicle to anyone else (or themselves) and claim the original grant. The customer cannot change their order (eg from Trophy Connect to Trophy, or from Long Range to Standard Range) without cancelling the original grant and reapplying (which may lose the entitlement altogether).

The grant is claimed on behalf of the customer, using their name, the vehicle make and model (eg. MG ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect) is locked in at this time.

The grant is only paid out once that vehicle is registered to that customer. The grant process is audited frequently, so we need to be very clear that any change to specification or customer name will lose the grant. The dealer cannot register the vehicle to anyone else (or themselves) and claim the original grant. The custmer cannot change their order (eg from Trophy Connect to Trophy, or from Long Range to Standard Range) without cancelling the original grant and reapplying (which may lose the entitlement altogether).

Thanks for that reply Miles.

Are you also able to comment on the 9-month time limit for delivery of the vehicle to customer?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom