MG ZS EV Facelift - Press Launch 11/11/21

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have been invited to the press launch of the new MG ZS EV tomorrow (Thursday 11th Nov) in London.

What questions do people have?

Post them here so that I can make sure I get answers when I film our video review (which will be on YouTube on Friday morning).

Thanks in advance!

There's reference to a front/rear interior light switch in the manual, does it actually have a rear interior light ?
I noticed there is a bar style indicator in the charging port in some YouTube videos, is this a battery level indicator and does the car have an indicator to show if it's balancing, like the steady lit badge on the Gen 1 ?

At risk of crossposting whilst I'm writing this and repeating things you may have already been asked, I'd love to know:
  • Is UK version going to have the shark fin antenna?
  • Parking sensors at the front or just the camera?
  • Is there a heat-pump on this one?
  • Is there rear passenger lighting?
  • Are any of the windows tinted and if so, exactly which ones?
  • Will there be a diamond cut alloy option? (Or I'd at least like to know what the wheels look like under those plastic covers)
  • Regen on ACC?
  • What exactly comes with the 'Connect'. Is it something that can be added later if you say went for only Trophy now? Or is it factory fit only?
  • Will the sat nav include advanced mapping so you can locate chargers etc and know their working status?
  • More details about the iSmart would be great in general. Pre-heating ect.
  • Exactly what leads are included? I presume the standard Grandma one
  • If I understand correctly, when your range gets low you only see dashes currently - will it now show an estimate of miles left?
  • Ground clearance. I can't see that on their site
  • Have they made any changes to the suspension set-up?
  • Can steering wheel now be adjusted for reach as well as rake?

And although I know this'll probably be for a future, do they ever plan to let people add options? For example on this car I'd select diamond cut alloys, driver seat memory & auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

Thanks Miles! Really hope you enjoy the day :)

At risk of crossposting whilst I'm writing this and repeating things you may have already been asked, I'd love to know:
  • Is UK version going to have the shark fin antenna?
  • Parking sensors at the front or just the camera?
  • Is there a heat-pump on this one?
  • Is there rear passenger lighting?
  • Are any of the windows tinted and if so, exactly which ones?
  • Will there be a diamond cut alloy option? (Or I'd at least like to know what the wheels look like under those plastic covers)
  • Regen on ACC?
  • What exactly comes with the 'Connect'. Is it something that can be added later if you say went for only Trophy now? Or is it factory fit only?
  • Will the sat nav include advanced mapping so you can locate chargers etc and know their working status?
  • More details about the iSmart would be great in general. Pre-heating ect.
  • Exactly what leads are included? I presume the standard Grandma one
  • If I understand correctly, when your range gets low you only see dashes currently - will it now show an estimate of miles left?
  • Ground clearance. I can't see that on their site
  • Have they made any changes to the suspension set-up?
  • Can steering wheel now be adjusted for reach as well as rake?

And although I know this'll probably be for a future, do they ever plan to let people add options? For example on this car I'd select diamond cut alloys, driver seat memory & auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

Thanks Miles! Really hope you enjoy the day :)
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t an auto-dimming rear-view mirror given the MG5 has one and I’m sure Miles mentioned a USB port near the mirror to power a dash cam.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t an auto-dimming rear-view mirror given the MG5 has one and I’m sure Miles mentioned a USB port near the mirror to power a dash cam.
I really hope that's the case - for me it makes a big difference. I did look at the MG5, but I need a car with seats at hip height.

The USB for dash cam would be great also.

Hi Miles,

Many thanks for all your work on the podcats and keeping us up to date with developments. Enjoy your day in the big city tomorrow.

My query is about the 50kw version - when will that be coming and price points please.

Many thanks

Hi @MilesperkWh .
Have a great day at your first press day tomorrow !.
I think everybody has asked all of the relevant and most important questions already.
Oh ..... I believe that there has been noise dampening fitted to the underside of the bonnet and the baulk head wall, to improve on improving on cabin noise ?.
Great if you could verify this please.
Looking forward to your video at the weekend.
Will you be posting notification on the forum when it is available to watch ?.
Load's of content for next Monday's Pod Cast then Miles !.
Looking forward to your hearing your thoughts etc.
Enjoy !.

Last edited:
  • Could you please measure the boot dimensions between the wheel arches and front-to-back measurement of the boot at base cover level to see if a folding wheelchair will fit?
  • Are there any pre-paid servicing packages available?
  • Can Software updates be carried out over wi-fi rather than taking the vehicle to the dealers?
  • Is there space for a space saver wheel?
  • Is there a charging network subscription included / available similar to Hyundai Flex?
  • Is there a battery heating/cooling system to improve efficiency and charging?
Enjoy your day...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom