MG ZS EV Facelift - Press Launch 11/11/21

This is the charge profile of the original ZS EV
Charge_curves_-_Google_Slides_2020-03-10_14-09-59.png

What does the new profile look like?

I'm hoping it maintains the peak 76kW for longer than the original, and has a flatter profile.

Does it still suffer from coldgate and what are the threshold battery temperatures necessary to maintain optimum charging speeds.

Miles,

It’s not specifically MG ZS related, however it is very relevant for anyone considering and MG EV.

What is MG doing to drive improvements in the charging network? In particular ensuring:

• sufficient charge points to support the population of EV’s on the road today and in the future
  • EV charge points have “high availability” so that MG owners can turn up to a charger and have confidence it will be working
  • Pricing of electricity at charge points is competitive to ensure MG owners are not held ransom to rip-off pricing

These questions are as pertinent as those specific to the new ZS EV as it’s adoption and eventual success is dependant on more than vehicle function.

Hi miles, bit late coming in on this one but having read the thread I think most things have been covered, so hope you have a good day, enjoy your test drive which I assume you get the chance to do, and of course just get as much information as you can in the time allotted to you, I look forward with interest to reading and watching what you find.
Regards
Les.

I'd like to know how MG are ramping up knowledge in their dealer network (Chorley excepted, of course ;)). Most dealership knowledge is woeful, there is more info on here!
They've had online training courses available to technicians for past few weeks.

Looks like all the relevant questions have been asked, so I'll just say have a great day testing the New ZS EV and I look forward to hearing all about it. :)

Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have been invited to the press launch of the new MG ZS EV tomorrow (Thursday 11th Nov) in London.

What questions do people have?

Post them here so that I can make sure I get answers when I film our video review (which will be on YouTube on Friday morning).

Thanks in advance!
Have they fixed the quiet android auto / apple car play so I don't deafen myself when i disconnect my phone and the radio starts blasting 🤣

Enjoy!

Gareth

Hi morning,

Thanks for asking question from the public.

I like to know more about the infotainment system. HAS IT BEEN UPDATED OR RECODED?

I have the ZS EV and it's the most annoying thing. Keep shutting off when using Android Auto both wire and wireless.

At times it's a safety issue for me trying to get somewhere and all of sudden it shuts off. I retying to maneuver in an area I don't know trying to restart system to see where I am going.

Have a good day. Hope to hear more info on Podcast on Monday.

Hi morning,

Thanks for asking question from the public.

I like to know more about the infotainment system. HAS IT BEEN UPDATED OR RECODED?

I have the ZS EV and it's the most annoying thing. Keep shutting off when using Android Auto both wire and wireless.

At times it's a safety issue for me trying to get somewhere and all of sudden it shuts off. I retying to maneuver in an area I don't know trying to restart system to see where I am going.

Have a good day. Hope to hear more info on Podcast on Monday.
its a totally new system. Videos i've seen show it is much more responsive than the old one (wouldn't be hard I know!)

Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have been invited to the press launch of the new MG ZS EV tomorrow (Thursday 11th Nov) in London.

What questions do people have?

Post them here so that I can make sure I get answers when I film our video review (which will be on YouTube on Friday morning).

Thanks in advance!
It's a good job you didn't let us know a few days ago....... you would have had THOUSANDS of questions!!!
I wanted to know about the OTA updates, there seem to be some confusing mixed messages

Will the new government design chargers work with current and new ZS?

FD0CRokWQAYXdJf

Looks like the plug may be restrictive for some cars.
Almost guaranteed not to work with current ZS - and crazy having a tethered cable which prevents any CHAdeMO cars using. Seriously hoping this is just a PR prototype and final versions will have two sockets.

Not sure which emoji I should use for the above post. I like the response but am angry that a standard might be introduced that wouldn't work with a popular modern ev.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom