MG ZS EV Flaps!

Scoobydoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I was a silly sausage yesterday. After charging my car at work I forgot to shut the front flap and drove 20miles in the rain.

No alarms or alerts came up in the car. I'm just glad it's working ok after all that rain.

Really silly, there being an alarm for the bonnet, but not the charge flap.
I was a silly sausage yesterday. After charging my car at work I forgot to shut the front flap and drove 20miles in the rain.

No alarms or alerts came up in the car. I'm just glad it's working ok after all that rain.
Also guilty

I think most of us is guilty of this crime at some time in our ownership.
Tend to unplug the lead, return it to the post, like a good boy, then go straight to the car without closing the charging door on your way back !.
On the Gen1 version you can just about see the top of large charging door pepping over the bonnet, without leaving the car again, if I remember correctly.
But on the Gen2 you have to get back out of the car again to check its condition !.
The charging door condition should have warning light ideally.
We had a VW Golf PHEV before going full BEV and that charged from behind the VW badge in the centre of the front grill.
It had a warning message alert if the door was left open.

On gen1, what I miss is a light under the flap. Carry a torch I suppose....
On a previous car, I did modify the fuel flap cover by attaching a microswitch to the car alarm to prevent further diesel thefts. One could possibly do a similar thing attached to the bonnet alarm if there is one?

On a previous car, I did modify the fuel flap cover by attaching a microswitch to the car alarm to prevent further diesel thefts. One could possibly do a similar thing attached to the bonnet alarm if there is one?
I made my bung easier to see by 3d printing a brightly coloured attachment that assists in pulling the bung off, design courtesy of another member on here.
zs bung puller.jpg

Someone in this forum recommended a stick on LED light with a motion detector.
(On ebay: "Auto PIR Motion Sensor LED Wireless Door Keyhole Light Lamp Battery Night Lights" )
I have one, cost around £7 and it works fine. There are others for half that cost.

s-l1600.jpg
Seek & ye shall find....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom