• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Servicing Costs

Yea but....

My thoughts were that if I am paying £23 grand ish for a new car, the extra service plan cost is negligible.

And then you have the right person to blame if things go wrong.. :)
Wow, a rare moment of someone being sensible about servicing costs.

I find it amazing how much people bleat on about a £100 service on a £20k car. It’s losing more than £100 every month (week?) in depreciation.

Last edited:
Wow, a rare moment of someone being sensible about servicing costs.

I find it amazing how much people bleat on about a £100 service on a £20k car. It’s losing more than £100 every month (week?) in depreciation.
I'm happy to pay for servicing, however there is huge variance in the cost of servicing across the dealer network and the fact that MG charge a premium for a bundle isn't value for money.

I paid £120 including VAT which I thought was OK. Don’t forget you get a years AA cover thrown in for that cost.

It’s the third service from what I recall at 36,000 miles. I’m also lead to believe that with every service you get another years AA support by MG.
Fluid changes at 4th year, that's why they only gave three years free servicing with the offers in the Summer, they can still sting you with the £400 4th service.

First service cost me £85 inc vat, I have two more dealers nearby, one wanted £120 and the other £103. It pays to shop around.
Certainly does pay to shop around, well played sir.

Out of interest what does it say was carried out during the service?

Try the petrol ZS. Those servicing costs really put things into perspective.

Only the basic "Roadside Assistance" I am afraid !.
Better than nothing, but only just.
I was looking at this today.
My car was delivered 4 months after it was registered - 10 miles on the clock.
No AA details cane with the car.
According to the MG website, the included AA cover is one year from registration.

Fortunately my leasing company has their own service and will cover the gap.
I also have breakdown included with my bank account.

My dealer is charging £733 for the first 4 services for my MG 5 (£15 a month) Good/bad ? And thats with full AA cover from day 1

Don't think so if you read the document in AussiePete's post.
I have taken a look at this post.
But there is a contradiction in terms I feel.
Take a look at the MG web site in the link below, it clearly states "Roadside Assistance".
But then talks about recovery level also ?????.

Clearly says on that page....

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind.

Clearly says on that page....

This package will cover the vehicle for the whole of the UK (including Homestart, Roadside Assistance, Recovery and Onward Mobility cover). It’s a really comprehensive package to offer you reassurance and peace of mind.
Yes you are correct.
Maybe my dealer needs to be clearer with his facts, he clearly made the point of stating that the cover was "Roadside Assistance" only.
An e.mail is on it's way !.

From the official Tesla web site '
If I choose not to service my Tesla car, will this void my warranty?
Your New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Used Vehicle Limited Warranty will not be affected if recommended service is not performed.

Makes you wonder why MG requires a service schedule to maintain warranty.
According to Auto Express this week, Tesla's don't have servicing schedules as they don't need servicing apart from brake fluid and an air con service.

According to Auto Express this week, Tesla's don't have servicing schedules as they don't need servicing apart from brake fluid and an air con service.
Yes. That’s true.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom