MG ZS EV Servicing Costs

1) I've obtained quotes for both standard and low mileage plans. To get a proper low milage quote call MG service plan team
Hi @AussiePete .
Can you take out the plan and make a "One- Off" payment, when you call the "Service Plan Team".
We are covering about 9,000 miles a year, so the low mileage package may serve out needs.
Thanks !.

Yes, that's point 4 on my list 😉
Thanks !.
I was unsure if you could pay the “Service Team” direct, or they referred you back to your local dealer.
Once you have paid the MG Service Team, I guess any U.K. dealer can see your service plan on the data base.
I wonder if the brake fluid replacement is included in the price of the second service, or is an additional charge ?.

Thanks !.
I was unsure if you could pay the “Service Team” direct, or they referred you back to your local dealer.
Once you have paid the MG Service Team, I guess any U.K. dealer can see your service plan on the data base.
I wonder if the brake fluid replacement is included in the price of the second service, or is an additional charge ?.
I expect it a maybe. On the service schedule it says "recommended" so it will be the dealer's choice, however it should be done in year 3 if not done in year 2 so make sure you note if it was done or not.

Sorry - still not convinced. How much do you actually save over say 5 years of doing it pay as you go? £50? Is it really worth paying a wad up front? Leave it in your bank account. what if your circumstances change? What if your local dealer goes bust? What if MG goes bust (again) The schedules are still misleading on what you actually get for your money - I’ve been told no corrosion check unless you pay extra on low mileage plan for example. Why would you pay a service charge? That seems incredible to me - monthly service charge for setting up a direct debit? What happens if your annual mileage changes? There’s a wide variation on quoted prices from dealers and some are considerably cheaper than others. The services themselves are not that expensive. It’s also worth adding that there really isn’t much at all to do on these EV’s - the most ‘expensive’ items are brake fluid and coolant changes which are themselves very easy and minor items. I know these service plans seem popular - can someone explain why please? What am i missing?

Sorry - still not convinced. How much do you actually save over say 5 years of doing it pay as you go? £50? Is it really worth paying a wad up front? Leave it in your bank account. what if your circumstances change? What if your local dealer goes bust? What if MG goes bust (again) The schedules are still misleading on what you actually get for your money - I’ve been told no corrosion check unless you pay extra on low mileage plan for example. Why would you pay a service charge? That seems incredible to me - monthly service charge for setting up a direct debit? What happens if your annual mileage changes? There’s a wide variation on quoted prices from dealers and some are considerably cheaper than others. The services themselves are not that expensive. It’s also worth adding that there really isn’t much at all to do on these EV’s - the most ‘expensive’ items are brake fluid and coolant changes which are themselves very easy and minor items. I know these service plans seem popular - can someone explain why please? What am i missing?
There are pro's and con's and you're right it's not for everyone.

For me I'm not only locking in the price I'm committing to a dealer. I'll also, given my commitment, hope the dealer may consider future optional SW updates as part of the deal - I'll certainly be pushing for that.

I know these service plans seem popular - can someone explain why please? What am i missing?
I always "Pay On The Day" unless I am likely to receive a decent discount.
A lot of people pay for their cars by the month, like they pay for most things today.
So, for them - paying monthly for there service plans makes sense I guess ????.
Ask a young couple for £6 - £8 a month and they are happy, ask them for £150.00 on the day and then it becomes a problem all of a sudden.
Each to there own !!!!.

I always "Pay On The Day" unless I am likely to receive a decent discount.
A lot of people pay for their cars by the month, like they pay for most things today.
So, for them - paying monthly for there service plans makes sense I guess ????.
Ask a young couple for £6 - £8 a month and they are happy, ask them for £150.00 on the day and then it becomes a problem all of a sudden.
Each to there own !!!!.
That’s a very good point.

I have previously reported about MG reintroducing their own service plan and was advised by a dealer to go for it when it was released as it would be cheaper than their own or those from other nearby dealerships.
MG's own plan is now available but has to be purchased through dealers using a system called E-Dynamix and my dealer of choice does not use it. The plan will be more accessible to the public in due course apparently, albeit if the quote I received is correct I cannot see a rush to buy it.
I enquired with a dealer who has the system and based on the details I supplied i.e. MGZS EV 2yrs old next month by which it will have covered 10000 miles the quote follows:
Key Information
Plan Period 48 months
Plan Start Date 30/08/2022
First Service Aug 2023
Final Service Aug 2026
Current Mileage Unknown
Annual Mileage 5000
Payments
Service Price * £837.96
Plan Price £837.96
*inc. Management Fee of 46 x £1.20

Payment Schedule
First Payment Date 01/10/2022
Last Payment Date 01/07/2026
Payments
45 payments x £18.22 from Oct 2022
1 payment x £18.06 from Jul 2026
P.S. I have asked MG to verify the figures.

I’ve taken a 4 year service plan at Toomey MG Basildon for £9.77 per month

Attachments

• EB88F981-C95D-4FFD-9BAB-9E6CA66FA6FF.jpeg
    EB88F981-C95D-4FFD-9BAB-9E6CA66FA6FF.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 121
I was going to post on here but looks like it’s not being posted on here anymore..

I was quoted £180 for a first service, asked what I got for my £180 was told they checked the batteries and updated stuff…was hoping to find something cheaper..

I was going to post on here but looks like it’s not being posted on here anymore..

I was quoted £180 for a first service, asked what I got for my £180 was told they checked the batteries and updated stuff…was hoping to find something cheaper..
Ask & ye shall find?

Oh..yes indeed..

so I’m looking for two things on here…cheap service costs.. and is it cheaper to run the ZS with the heating off and the car seat on..or the other way round?
This will give you a idea of dealers prices

And a bit cheaper

That one is very interesting if you do under 10k miles 1st service is £39

So I’ve had an email and then a phone call from local MG dealership..first to tell me my car needs a service and it’s £144.67 with a free car wash and vac…I asked what do they do for the £144.67 besides a wash and vac..to be told, they have a look around the car and do any updates it my need (so nothing really) they do no fluids as that’s covered in the 2nd service…I didn’t bother booking it in for a service, I then get a phone call, after a bit of chitchat “is there anything they can do for me” yes, you can take the car back, I don’t really like it, “oh is there another MG you maybe interested in?”..no, think I’ll go back and get an Mercedes ..

So I’ve had an email and then a phone call from local MG dealership..first to tell me my car needs a service and it’s £144.67 with a free car wash and vac…I asked what do they do for the £144.67 besides a wash and vac..to be told, they have a look around the car and do any updates it my need (so nothing really) they do no fluids as that’s covered in the 2nd service…I didn’t bother booking it in for a service, I then get a phone call, after a bit of chitchat “is there anything they can do for me” yes, you can take the car back, I don’t really like it, “oh is there another MG you maybe interested in?”..no, think I’ll go back and get an Mercedes ..
Are you a low mileage user, as there is a lower rate for them.
As you are unhappy with the car and would like to exchange it, it maybe worth considering the future effect on the T&C’s of 7 year warranty / break down cover if you don’t ?.
This will surely impact on the value of the car when do you want to pass it on.
It could cost more than the price of the service, if you get my point !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom