MG ZS EV Servicing Costs

I am obviously very stupid, when looking at the MG service Schedule.

1st service Nothing?
2nd Minimal
3rd Nothing
4th Minimal
5th Coolant
The ZS EV is similar so, this is where I am feeling stupid, are you expected to pay £s for nothing? or are you paying for piece of mind?

1st service Nothing?
2nd Minimal
3rd Nothing
4th Minimal
5th Coolant
The ZS EV is similar so, this is where I am feeling stupid, are you expected to pay £s for nothing? or are you paying for piece of mind?
I asked A similar question here

There is very little to service ....its really about keeping up with the warranty and I must admit I've not studied the documents...has anyone else?

Yes you are correct.
Maybe my dealer needs to be clearer with his facts, he clearly made the point of stating that the cover was "Roadside Assistance" only.
An e.mail is on it's way !.
It seems the MG AA package is called 'Roadside Assistance', which is quite misleading but is quite comprehensive, so are you sure your dealer added the extra word 'only'

full terms https://mg.co.uk/files/2019-05-22/MG_TC_2019_04.pdf

1st service Nothing?
2nd Minimal
3rd Nothing
4th Minimal
5th Coolant
I see that the ZS EV 2021- has the low mileage option but the ZS EV 2019-2020 does not.

There is very little to service ....its really about keeping up with the warranty and I must admit I've not studied the documents...has anyone else?
Yes. Servicing is required within 30 days / 1k miles of being due to maintain the warranty.

I looked at the MG 5 service schedule on the MG website and it appears the same -- I cannot see any work that needs doing in the 1st service at 1 year / 15000 miles. On paper, it appears that there is nothing to be done. Not even a replacement pollen filter. Surely that can't be true, can it?

I am going to ask exactly what happens on a service b4 signing up this week. Interesting to hear what they say

Yes. Servicing is required within 30 days / 1k miles of being due to maintain the warranty.
My understanding is the very same.
What provisions / extensions are in place for C19 ???.
Tough one this, the dealers are open for service / repair work so I guess they expect you to comply with the T&C's of the service schedule / warranty requirements.
Some folks are naturally nervous about taking there car in for work right now though !.
It could get a little "Sticky" if you required an expensive warranty repair and your car has been submitted late for its service schedule.
Let's just hope nobody gets in that situation folks.

I did have a print out somewhere as I asked the dealer about out it, in case I wanted to take it to another garage (not MG), from what I remember it was just checks like on an MOT, horn, seatbelts, balljoints etc, HV point checks, greasing certain points and applying any updates as required, probably 30mins work in all, but I thought it still worth it, for the AA cover, wash and vac and warranty, I also read that you could take it to any garage (obviously that can deal with electric cars) for the warranty (3 years), but in order to qualify for the 4th,5th,6th and 7th year, the whole service schedule had to be with an MG approved service station. So it's worth it for that even if they're not doing much.

Certainly does pay to shop around, well played sir.

Out of interest what does it say was carried out during the service?
See attached Service Sheet. I would do this all day long for £85!

Attachments

• Service.jpg
    Service.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 526
It’s not even an EV specific sheet - just an existing ICE car check list.

If anyone's still watching this thread a few points to consider if you're interested in the low mileage service plan

1) I've obtained quotes for both standard and low mileage plans. To get a proper low milage quote call MG service plan team on 03454135360

2) service plan pricing us not consistent across dealers so shop around to get the best price - may be better value to travel to a dealer further away if you'll end up saving a decent wack

3) there's a big difference in price. Standard 5 year service plan for me is £791 while low mileage one is £568. That's £220 difference for low milage

4) Bothth plans include a management fee of £1.20 for each month of the service plan - so £72'ish is just admin fee. This fee can be avoided if you pay the full amount Lan cost upfront

5) if it's looking like you might do more than allotted mileage (ie low mileage 10k pa) then get car serviced at milage interval not year interval (ie if you're at 20k miles get serviced even if you're only part way through year 2)

6) the result for me is a 5 year service plan for £514 - that's 30% less than the full service plan price. When you consider this includes 5 years full AA breakdown cover it's a bit of a bargain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-152353.png
    Screenshot_20210222-152353.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot_20210222-152514.png
    Screenshot_20210222-152514.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 462
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back