MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Anyone else order from Chorley or others able to confirm similar?
We have a order in for a blue Trophy with the Chorley lad's.
Still looking at March (ish) time delivery, that's as it stands at the moment !.
This totally suits us, because we are where always focussed on a March delivery.
We don't want it until March anyway.
In the mean time, we are still enjoying our original ZS EV while we wait.
The wait time on the first car, was around four months and was pre Covid !.

When I ordered an MG5 beginning of October, MG were quoting to our Fleet department 12 weeks, and I was given an estimated date of arrival of the 20th Jan. I was contacted just before this date to advise they had received a message from MG it was now looking like late May due to the chip shortage.

Miles has advised a big delivery landing in February so I'm hoping like many of you it will be a March delivery, although I can't remember exactly, I think he said most of the delivery was MG5 and only a few ZS.

I just had a more thorough read of our order documents and a date of 25th April 2022 is shown for Delivery Date. Also the same date is shown for the Date of Registration. Probably the salesman just pulled a random date out of the sky to get his form completed. That's Arnold Clark in Scotland. We sealed the deal on January 15th.
Just curious if anyone else has dates on their order paperwork?
We ordered two from Arnold Clark in Glasgow the week before you and we’re given two dates in May. Like you, not putting a lot of faith in the accuracy of those dates!

I placed my order on November 11th with Chorley Group. My order shows an "approximate deliver date" of 25th February 2021 10:15am lolol

I'm guessing it's just how their system works... Probably adds 16 weeks-ish by default.

Anyone else order from Chorley or others able to confirm similar?
Another Chorley customer here, ordered on the 2nd Nov 2021, Approximate Delivery date of 31st January 2022 - 09:45 ... I didn't collect the car yesterday! :( Also had no word on when they currently think delivery might be!

When I ordered an MG5 beginning of October, MG were quoting to our Fleet department 12 weeks, and I was given an estimated date of arrival of the 20th Jan. I was contacted just before this date to advise they had received a message from MG it was now looking like late May due to the chip shortage.

Miles has advised a big delivery landing in February so I'm hoping like many of you it will be a March delivery, although I can't remember exactly, I think he said most of the delivery was MG5 and only a few ZS.
100 ZS LR and 500 ZS SR apparently.

Another Chorley customer here, ordered on the 2nd Nov 2021, Approximate Delivery date of 31st January 2022 - 09:45 ... I didn't collect the car yesterday! :( Also had no word on when they currently think delivery might be!
What spec and colour did you go for?

At least you're ahead of me in the queue lol

Most likely, it's going to stay like this for the whole year. Manufacturers have lead times of up to 9 months due to supply chain disruptions and material shortages.

You lot are making me very glad I bought my car when I did!
It was already sitting on the dockside in Portbury so just a few days before delivery.
I count myself lucky.

Just had update from my leasing company - delivery estimate pushed back 2 weeks to mid April

Ordered in December

Getting frustrated with unknown wait times, Nearly bought an E-Niro over the weekend! Brand New 4+ in black, could have had it yesterday!
Hi Alan how much were they offering it for if you don't mind ?

Not sure how affective this is for UK, but MG Germany just called me, that my new delivery date now is April 15 (was February 28 before). Ordered Standard Range on November 30.

Not sure how affective this is for UK, but MG Germany just called me, that my new delivery date now is April 15 (was February 28 before). Ordered Standard Range on November 30.
Will probably be due to the small battery. Was able to pick up my MG ZS luxury 70 on Saturday. ordered at the end of November. will report in detail soon.

Anyone know what the semiconductor issue is really, lack of factories, lack of raw materials, workforce shortages. Don't these things get throw out of machines by the thousand per hour once designed and given sufficient raw materials?

Surely SAIC make their own via a subsidiary?

All a bit odd really.

An extra 4 months is really sore.
Just rec'd this email from my sales manager re my Red MG5 LR ordered 20th Nov....
hope his info is gen
"

Hi Mr Docherty,

I hope you are well. I have been given an update from MGs shipping team this morning.
As of right now your vehicle is currently set to arrive in the UK on the 28th of February. This means that we will have your car here in Irvine ready for you to collect by mid March.

I will give you a call in a few weeks with another update. If there is anything else you need in the mean-time please let me know.

Best Regards"

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220201_155852.jpg

One of them then?

Anyone know what the semiconductor issue is really, lack of factories, lack of raw materials, workforce shortages. Don't these things get throw out of machines by the thousand per hour once designed and given sufficient raw materials?

Surely SAIC make their own via a subsidiary?

All a bit odd really.
According to the Sales Manager who called me, the important factor here is the shipping.
He told me that it is currently very difficult to deliver the vehicles, because the shipping both on land and at sea is currently overloaded.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom