MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I'm very impatient very much looking forward to receiving my new car! Ordered a black trophy 3rd Dec for delivery originally mid march but now late April. Ordered through salary sacrifice but luscombe seem to be the dealer.

I have a friend who works on a tug in Portbury bringing in the car carriers, will have to ask him if he sees any new es EVs rolling off the ships!

Its nearly identical, apart from the sliver boot strip shown here (although that was an option on the old ZS, so may be still on the ICE?) and the fake silver exhausts!
Yeah... I'd say that back bumper is EV then.

Thank God I've got a job, or I could see me doing all kinds of machinations on photoshop the rest of the afternoon 😅

Ah well, all in good fun - hopefully it'll makes the wait more bearable for people.

I take my hat off to all of you who have been waiting months for a car and you still do not have a firm delivery date. How can car manufacturers take orders they cannot fullfill in a reasonable pre agreed time? I think you guys should get compensation and any question of losing deposits if you cancel should not even exist. Surely MG must own this problem and solve it If not by providing the car ordered then by financial compensation. Any lawyers on the forum who could help?

Why is everyone winding themselves up with these delivery times. You can't do anything about it. It'll come when it comes.
I'm sure we all know that.

Some are bound to be frustrated if they were made a promise that hasn't come to fruition, and if looking at incoming ships or blurry photos helps maintain their excitement, just gives hope they mightn't have to wait so long, or simply passes the time until arrival then so be it.

One on the end looks to have new EV alloys but without hub caps. Likely delivered this way with hub caps in the car. Dealer will fit them as part of pdi. Same thing happens with floor mats.

I take my hat off to all of you who have been waiting months for a car and you still do not have a firm delivery date. How can car manufacturers take orders they cannot fullfill in a reasonable pre agreed time? I think you guys should get compensation and any question of losing deposits if you cancel should not even exist. Surely MG must own this problem and solve it If not by providing the car ordered then by financial compensation. Any lawyers on the forum who could help?
Well...ok I'll take the compensation please - if you insist :cool:

some are not a patient as you!! :) Plus its a bit of fun to pass the time
I haven't ordered one, but still find this topic entertaining. :giggle:

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

One on the end looks to have new EV alloys but without hub caps. Likely delivered this way with hub caps in the car. Dealer will fit them as part of pdi. Same thing happens with floor mats.
Most cars are also delivered in 'dealer mode' these days; this means that the majority of the electronics (inc. central locking and leccy windows on some models) are disabled and things such as the power are limited (like putting an ICE car into limp mode) until the dealers complete the PDI and initialise the vehicle.

For us as consumers, obviously this is not a problem but spare a thought for the poor transporter drivers who have to load them when some of the doors/windows wont open and they have severely restricted power to get them up to the very top level over the truck cab - it's a seriously skilled job being a car transporter driver.

My money is on them all being EV's with the wheel covers missing.
The SR demo models are due at dealerships anytime now.
This is obviously a question aimed more for the dealers here rather than the gen-pop, but if a dealer has an LR demonstrator and there is an overall shortage of the cars coming through, why would they need an SR demo too?

The power of the motor is the same, so the driving characteristics will be the same, the trim levels are the same, so on a test drive (even if it's for a few hours) surely the cars will behave the same?

What have I missed?

All of the time.

I waited 6 months for me current Ioniq and only got a firm date a week before it arrived.

Check the small print, no definite dates are guaranteed.

This is obviously a question aimed more for the dealers here rather than the gen-pop, but if a dealer has an LR demonstrator and there is an overall shortage of the cars coming through, why would they need an SR demo too?

The power of the motor is the same, so the driving characteristics will be the same, the trim levels are the same, so on a test drive (even if it's for a few hours) surely the cars will behave the same?

What have I missed?
Agreed.
But I think that MG where keen to get the first wave of follow up SR models out to the dealers, these would follow the initial draft of LR models.
If as strong rumours suggest, that this IS indeed true, then my guess would be that some dealers may offer up there LR demos for retail sales and back fill them with the SR models maybe ?.
The chip shortage has caught up now and has slowed down the volume of cars they would have like to have already shipped by now.
I think the follow up launch of these SR models where built and already planned for.
Of course this all speculation and conjecture on my part !.

One thing I've noticed across the various reports on this site of people finally receiving their cars (many who ordered their cars after me!) and that seems to continue with this photo, is that there are very few (none?) White cars.

I found this strange given the popularity of white (see my poll asking what spec people have ordered).

I bought my ZS EV Gen1 in Artic White it looks smart and it is no more difficult to keep clean than the darker colours. I like the thought that it can be seen more easily at night.

Hi all, I just got an email from my dealer in East London,a Glyn Hopkins that they are expecting delivery of my car, so heads up all and expect some shipments 😊 fyi I ordered the trophy connect LR in silver.

Last edited:
Hi! As I said in another post, the Standard Range versions in Luxury (Trophy connect) are due to delivery within 2 to 3 weeks in France. They've been shipped from China almost a week ago apparently
I'm becoming really impatient, I ordered mine in October 😃

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom