MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Got a random tweet today 🐦
Screenshot_20220531_124835.jpg

There are dealers out there that have stock of the SR right now. But customers are waiting and are been given long dates.

Between MG themselves and the dealers they are creating a poor situation. Yes, most manufacturers have delays at the moment, but the way MG and the dealers are handling is really illogical and frustrating.

Pretty close to cancelling my order right now.

There are dealers out there that have stock of the SR right now. But customers are waiting and are been given long dates.

Between MG themselves and the dealers they are creating a poor situation. Yes, most manufacturers have delays at the moment, but the way MG and the dealers are handling is really illogical and frustrating.

It is frustrating, but with no new orders being taken until the backlog is cleared, the prices likely to rise by as much as 10% when that happens and if you have the government grant and will lose it now - and who knows if the new lower one might be chopped soon... Might just be worth being patient if you can.

I got a guaranteed price of under £30,000 for a Trophy LR and guaranteed trade in price on my Kona. If I were to cancel, I'd lose both of those and it would cost a hell of a lot more to pick up a demonstrator or cancelled order . . . I think I'll wait. :)

I got a guaranteed price of under £30,000 for a Trophy LR and guaranteed trade in price on my Kona. If I were to cancel, I'd lose both of those and it would cost a hell of a lot more to pick up a demonstrator or cancelled order . . . I think I'll wait. :)
I'm leasing. I could cancel right now and get an in stock order on Peugeot PHEV without any penalty.

Not only that but, peversely the dealer has stock of the SR I ordered through the lease company. But for "reasons" that can't be assigned to me. It's insanity.

I'm leasing. I could cancel right now and get an in stock order on Peugeot PHEV without any penalty.

Not only that but, peversely the dealer has stock of the SR I ordered through the lease company. But for "reasons" that can't be assigned to me. It's insanity.
Who are you leasing with?

Really annoyed, was told by a salesman at my dealership that my ZS EV LR would be here this week, having heard nothing spoke to someone else at the dealer and mine is showing at sea, due 12th July. It's clear no one at either MG or the dealers have a clue what is going on

Really annoyed, was told by a salesman at my dealership that my ZS EV LR would be here this week, having heard nothing spoke to someone else at the dealer and mine is showing at sea, due 12th July. It's clear no one at either MG or the dealers have a clue what is going on
Have you had to wait long for it?

Same as although I only ordered last month, just got in in time....dealer is Luscombe Motors I believe
I ordered in January.
Same dealer.
My exact car is listed as in stock.
They can't assign to me as they'd be charged £1500 for switching it.

Crazy.

That’s so unethical, to have a waiting customer, expecting the very car they have available for sale to someone who just walks past with zero wait time.
MG makes me so angry, it’s so obvious they are choosing to make new cars for sale rather than fulfil existing orders, just to make more money on them!

I ordered in January.
Same dealer.
My exact car is listed as in stock.
They can't assign to me as they'd be charged £1500 for switching it.

Crazy.
Luscome supposedly has good relationship with MG how come he couldn’t convince them? I think someone is not giving you the full story here.

Luscome supposedly has good relationship with MG how come he couldn’t convince them? I think someone is not giving you the full story here.
I have no idea what there relationship is really. If they are losing £1500 on the deal I'm guessing the profit margin is low enough to make that a non starter for them.

MG rules I suppose. Only they can make sense of the fact they have cars sat around whilst customers wait. I am sure it makes sense to an accountant somewhere.

Past caring now, I just need to sort something for the next few months as a stop gap.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom