MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

So got around to popping into the dealership to get my ordered number…told it was ordered on 28/1/22..I ordered it on 19/12/21 and I guess they got around to putting it in on the 28th January..said I hadn’t been waiting all that long, I mean it’s only been 10 months, to be told I should get it soon, said I’m not holding my breath..told its now got a 30 week lead time..so about 6 months, I said thats good as I’ve only been waiting 10 months..which sort of shut him up..was offered a black ZS EV customer cancellation, umm..SE…no thanks..he did ask why I wanted the order number, told him I was going to email MGUK and ask why it’s taking so long to get my car…anyway order number…3000081***

also had a look at the MG4…boot so small, won’t get golf clubs in there without having to put the seats down..also seem a bit dark inside and don’t really like the front of it..

and to rub salt into the wound…they had a Silver ZSEV trophy sitting outside as a demo car..same as I ordered..it’ll be about another 3 or 4 months before they sell it off..
"Was offered a black ZS EV customer cancellation"

Been waiting for that exact car since 21/12/21 via leasing company. 😪

So got around to popping into the dealership to get my ordered number…told it was ordered on 28/1/22..I ordered it on 19/12/21 and I guess they got around to putting it in on the 28th January..said I hadn’t been waiting all that long, I mean it’s only been 10 months, to be told I should get it soon, said I’m not holding my breath..told its now got a 30 week lead time..so about 6 months, I said thats good as I’ve only been waiting 10 months..which sort of shut him up..was offered a black ZS EV customer cancellation, umm..SE…no thanks..he did ask why I wanted the order number, told him I was going to email MGUK and ask why it’s taking so long to get my car…anyway order number…3000081***

also had a look at the MG4…boot so small, won’t get golf clubs in there without having to put the seats down..also seem a bit dark inside and don’t really like the front of it..

and to rub salt into the wound…they had a Silver ZSEV trophy sitting outside as a demo car..same as I ordered..it’ll be about another 3 or 4 months before they sell it off..
If the MG4 boot is very small , that’s it off the list for me as I plan to provide a weekend Hackney service, had to cancel purchase of a Kia E Soul as boot was too small to pass regs

Just emailed them using the email NutNut had posted…let’s see what I get back? Did say I guess I’ll get the normal cut and paste reply everyone else seems to get..

Good luck - I really hope you receive something positive. Below is the reply I got, so you can compare...

The 3rd paragraph is in reference to the issue I raised of cars being delivered out of order, leading to some waiting 9+ months for the exact same spec car delivered to a customer within 6 months. They try to skirt out of it saying they can't comment on other customer's orders, but they don't need to be that specific - anyone with 1/2 a brain could pull down overall order/delivery date data, and look at the time elapsed between the two. This is basic analytics they should have to hand.

I've started shopping around elsewhere - I'm not now convinced the car will ever turn up, and I need to have a backup plan.

"Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 30000XXXXX), we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build.

We understand your frustration about the delivery delay, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your understanding that this is a challenge for the whole industry. As a brand, we are doing the best we can to fulfil the orders and prioritise all customer orders.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the status of other customer orders without checking the detail, their purchasing dealer would be the best contact for advice.

Please be advised that the order will be fulfilled in order with the same priority unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.

As your order is one of the oldest orders, we believe it is not long for it to be fulfilled. We would recommend you to further liaise with your purchasing dealer on this as all the information is transparent among the dealer network"

Last edited:
Good luck - I really hope you receive something positive. Below is the reply I got, so you can compare...

The 3rd paragraph is in reference to the issue I raised of cars being delivered out of order, leading to some waiting 9+ months for the exact same spec car delivered to a customer within 6 months. They try to skirt out of it saying they can't comment on other customer's orders, but they don't need to be that specific - anyone with 1/2 a brain could pull down overall order/delivery date data, and look at the time elapsed between the two. This is basic analytics they should have to hand.

I've started shopping around elsewhere - I'm not now convinced the car will ever turn up, and I need to have a backup plan.

"Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 30000XXXXX), we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build.

We understand your frustration about the delivery delay, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your understanding that this is a challenge for the whole industry. As a brand, we are doing the best we can to fulfil the orders and prioritise all customer orders.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the status of other customer orders without checking the detail, their purchasing dealer would be the best contact for advice.

Please be advised that the order will be fulfilled in order with the same priority unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.

As your order is one of the oldest orders, we believe it is not long for it to be fulfilled. We would recommend you to further liaise with your purchasing dealer on this as all the information is transparent among the dealer network"
On the 'out of order' thing when I pushed on that, they basically said it's the dealers that are at fault.

This despite the Dealers saying it's MG.

There's nothing that you can do, so anybody that emails them has to understand:

- MG UK only know as much as the dealers on delivery/build progress.

- there is apparent prioritisation of direct customer orders over 3rd party lease orders, but where in the chain this is happening is not apparent.

- Dealers only know when they are getting your car when it's either at UK port side or close to.

- Some dealers have sold a batch of stock direct to consumers without giving waiting customers the chance to switch (hiding behind a £1.5K MG penality reason).

- MG UK are happy to let dealers allocate order how they like (despite dealers saying not)

- There's no apparent build-to-order type link between MG UK and MG China/SAIC manufacturering, so no transparency of your specific order

- Supply chain issues are a thing for everyone atm

- MG UK are not willing to change any process

So we just have sit tight.

Your car will come.

At some point.

Hopefully.

Hi all. This is my first post on this thread but I have been reading all comments religiously for months.

I've just had a call from my dealer (Toomey Basildon) and my red LR Trophy has been built and awaiting space on a ship. The date for me to collect currently stands as 18th December. I ordered on 31st March so will be about 9 months of waiting, which makes me one of the lucky ones.

If I manage to find out what ship it's on, I'll be back on here so we can track it together. Hopefully there'll be lots more ZS EVs on there too.

Hi all. This is my first post on this thread but I have been reading all comments religiously for months.

I've just had a call from my dealer (Toomey Basildon) and my red LR Trophy has been built and awaiting space on a ship. The date for me to collect currently stands as 18th December. I ordered on 31st March so will be about 9 months of waiting, which makes me one of the lucky ones.

If I manage to find out what ship it's on, I'll be back on here so we can track it together. Hopefully there'll be lots more ZS EVs on there too.
That detail is surprising given that dealers don't know the state of the order until 6 weeks before it arrives with them.

It would also be one of the faster deliveries given there are peeps still waiting from Jan/Dec etc.

That detail is surprising given that dealers don't know the state of the order until 6 weeks before it arrives with them.

It would also be one of the faster deliveries given there are peeps still waiting from Jan/Dec etc.
I realise I'm very lucky, and I'm sorry for everyone who has been waiting longer than me.

I have no idea how I'm seemingly getting more detail than anyone else. I have to say the communication from him until today has been cr*p, I've sent him 3 emails in total and he only replied once.

He also confirmed earlier that my PCP payments would remain the same, so MG are honouring the price and the agreed interest rate. The interest rate bit surprised me a bit as I'm sure people on here have been told their rates had increased.

I realise I'm very lucky, and I'm sorry for everyone who has been waiting longer than me.

I have no idea how I'm seemingly getting more detail than anyone else. I have to say the communication from him until today has been cr*p, I've sent him 3 emails in total and he only replied once.

He also confirmed earlier that my PCP payments would remain the same, so MG are honouring the price and the agreed interest rate. The interest rate bit surprised me a bit as I'm sure people on here have been told their rates had increased.
Car hasn't arrived yet, so I wouldn't count yourself too lucky yet! 😂

Other customers have had their process fall in line with this, and have received build confirmation prior to the car being shipped. You'll have waited around 8-9 months if all goes well, which is in line with what we were being told a little while back. The lucky ones are those who for whatever unknown reason, receive theirs in 1/2 that time.

On a positive note, your car should hopefully on a ship by end of the month - it'll be interesting to see if it's part of a big load :)

Other customers have had their process fall in line with this, and have received build confirmation prior to the car being shipped. You'll have waited around 8-9 months if all goes well, which is in line with what we were being told a little while back. The lucky ones are those who for whatever unknown reason, receive theirs in 1/2 that time.

On a positive note, your car should hopefully on a ship by end of the month - it'll be interesting to see if it's part of a big load :)
Peeps still waiting 10-11 months now.

Peeps still waiting 10-11 months now.
Which is wrong really when they are delivering on system orders less that half year old. Actually I'm now interested to see if we get a whisper of the ZS replacement sooner than expected, as they seem to have shifted focus to the shiny and new. Previews next year, with cars being shipped in 2024?

That is exactly what has annoyed people. No disrespect to the people who are lucky enough to be getting theirs but when you have been waiting since last year and it's still on shortage how come they can build cars after that and even give them a delivery date. Something's not right somewhere.
Is it any wonder that people are cancelling their orders and going elsewhere. Poor show MG..!!

Which is wrong really when they are delivering on system orders less that half year old. Actually I'm now interested to see if we get a whisper of the ZS replacement sooner than expected, as they seem to have shifted focus to the shiny and new. Previews next year, with cars being shipped in 2024?
Well I certainly won't be ordering one, that's for sure.....Not going through that again.

If the MG4 boot is very small , that’s it off the list for me as I plan to provide a weekend Hackney service, had to cancel purchase of a Kia E Soul as boot was too small to pass regs
Go and have a look yourself, but I think you’ll agree that it’s too small, I wouldn‘t get golf clubs in it without the back seats being down, I can in the ZS as I’ve tried it..

Go and have a look yourself, but I think you’ll agree that it’s too small, I wouldn‘t get golf clubs in it without the back seats being down, I can in the ZS as I’ve tried it..
The ZS takes two trolley bags and two electric trolleys in the boot; it takes some packing, but they all go in if you put your woods from the back trolley back in separately.

So, after receiving the standard on build shortage email over a month ago, the last sentence said “contact us again in the future for an update” So last week I asked for an update on my order from 07 Jan. This the the reply today:

Hi,
Thank you for your correspondence.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 300007XXXX) we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA at this stage and delivery ETA varies by car spec, however, once the car is built, the delivery ETA can be anytime.
We would recommend you to further liaise with your purchasing dealer on this as all the information is transparent among the dealer network.
Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor.

Clearly they don’t want me to ask them anymore despite telling me to follow up with them, and we all know the dealers will say “MG aren’t telling us anything”

I can’t go anywhere else now as the new car prices have risen for all new cars, plus I would lose the government grant and also the Affintiy deal that I got at the point of sale.
Noting that I am a pauper and only ordered the LR SE (Blue) but there seems to have been very few (if any SE’s delivered) I have a part Ex and cash waiting when the car arrives. However, the part Ex is losing value every month and my order contract says they can do that after the agreed delivery date (May 31) to a max of 2.5% per month.
I am genuinely concerned that MG will simply cancel my order at some point in the future. What to do? Do we cancel? only for the car to turn up two weeks later? Or do we wait and then find that MG cancel anyway?
There is no one to complain to.

So, after receiving the standard on build shortage email over a month ago, the last sentence said “contact us again in the future for an update” So last week I asked for an update on my order from 07 Jan. This the the reply today:

Hi,
Thank you for your correspondence.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 300007XXXX) we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA at this stage and delivery ETA varies by car spec, however, once the car is built, the delivery ETA can be anytime.
We would recommend you to further liaise with your purchasing dealer on this as all the information is transparent among the dealer network.
Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor.

Clearly they don’t want me to ask them anymore despite telling me to follow up with them, and we all know the dealers will say “MG aren’t telling us anything”

I can’t go anywhere else now as the new car prices have risen for all new cars, plus I would lose the government grant and also the Affintiy deal that I got at the point of sale.
Noting that I am a pauper and only ordered the LR SE (Blue) but there seems to have been very few (if any SE’s delivered) I have a part Ex and cash waiting when the car arrives. However, the part Ex is losing value every month and my order contract says they can do that after the agreed delivery date (May 31) to a max of 2.5% per month.
I am genuinely concerned that MG will simply cancel my order at some point in the future. What to do? Do we cancel? only for the car to turn up two weeks later? Or do we wait and then find that MG cancel anyway?
There is no one to complain to.
I would refer you to post #7644

I think we all have to wait as we don’t really know what is happening or going on behind with mg and dealers. When I ring them just no clear answer or any order updates just telling me without checking in computer. Your order Still TBA.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom