MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Been looking at them. Did you get your deposit back?
Emailed earlier to cancel, had a reply asking for bank details. Will give Nick a couple of days but contract gives refund up to 14 days after delivery so cant see there being a problem and he will be able to sell the car for more than I would have paid.

Update from MG- my LRTC #teamwhite is at sea(!) and is expected end August/early Sept.

Knock me down with a f’n feather.

(Obvs won’t believe it until I have the keys in my grubby paws)

ETA- in other news, does anybody still waiting want my ‘21 Corsa E?
Good luck with your corsa sale. I was told on 18th June my black se lr is at sea..... I think they must be using a rowing boat.

I have asked AutoTrader to remove it several times given the annoyance it causes and phone calls we get asking why we’re saying the car is in stock if it isn’t, but it appears to fall on deaf ears.
Sam - If they insist on not amending the advert under your instruction( which OBTW you are paying for ) and both you and your staff are fed up receiving calls for cars you clearly don't have, then why not just pull the advert - simple !.
Otherwise, people are very likely to come to the quick conclusion that these ad's are pure "ClickBate" ?.

It is also possible that they scavenged parts off the thousands of incomplete cars so they can get the new demonstrators to the dealers. SAIC will have their own priorities to gain as much market share as possible. Anything is possible.
My point exactly..!!

Looked on Autotrader and most say order for 2023 delivery or order now to secure list price. The main dealer who is claiming to have cars with sunroof immediately available is Cars2. There has been posts on this thread about them where they had problems with grant application, but we know one member called to enquire and collected car a few days later.

If space on ships is a problem, how did they find the space for all the MG4’s that need to be delivered for September launch?
Our waiting list just becomes longer while MG / SAIC prioritise over us for their own needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the news -

About 17000 complete vehicles per day, including the four Chinese brands of Zhiji, Feifan, Roewe and Mg mg mg, came off the production line one after another, and the double shift production was officially launched on June 18.

Maybe there is hope that cars will arrive soon?

@Ukchris - your car has been spotted near the Isles of Scilly. Delivery chaps just getting a spot of lunch. Shouldn’t be long now till it arrives at Portbury 😄
63930B0D-3EF5-4008-B229-2276DCFA8873.jpeg

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence on my so called September delivery. I can't see many people dealing with MG for another car after th
just got a call from the dealer offing me a substitute car for the one i have on order its a silver trophy LR instead of a white trophy connect LR
it will be here next month I am happy with that so will be accepting it now dose any one want to buy a mg5 SR next month
I had a bit of good news last night, my dealer sent me a message to say my Trophy Connect LR is on a 🚢 docking in September , I ordered 8th November 21,
Let’s hope those who ordered in 2021 get there cars this September.

Update from MG- my LRTC #teamwhite is at sea(!) and is expected end August/early Sept.

Do you know which boat? Chance mine is on the same one.

@Ukchris - your car has been spotted near the Isles of Scilly. Delivery chaps just getting a spot of lunch. Shouldn’t be long now till it arrives at Portbury 😄
View attachment 9829
Too bad, he might have to wait longer. The delivery guys took the wrong car. Not sure they knew it, he probably have to wait for them to arrive and then go back and come back 🤣

That’s far too bad for MG took orders too many can’t even deliver on time. They should be fulfilling there old orders first and then do something else. This is first time I am dealing with them and last time. Very bad customer service. If they reading this do something. When ever I visited dealer not coming for help even no other customers there. Hope MG make some changes like famous brands.

That’s far too bad for MG took orders too many can’t even deliver on time. They should be fulfilling there old orders first and then do something else. This is first time I am dealing with them and last time. Very bad customer service. If they reading this do something. When ever I visited dealer not coming for help even no other customers there. Hope MG make some changes like famous brands.
Just had a call from the dealership, the ship carrying My Zs Lr Trophy is due to dock on the 8th of August with a delivery on the 11th. Suspect this is the Leo Spirit which is just leaving the Suez Canal with a port call in Italy before going to Bristol. Looking at the stats the timing looks right. Dealership said there are quite a number of Zs evs on this ship. He did say he didn't know the .name of the ship but did know the eta at Bristol Portbury. This is for a order I placed in January that was then allocated to a back order from November.

Last edited:
They are still delivering the Nov/Dec cars from the looks of it. There must have been loads ordered as it is taking a long time to sort.
If the rumours are true that SAIC have returned to double shift, then hopefully the cars will start arriving in bigger quantities and therefore chip away at the waiting list.
Does anyone know how many cars are on the waiting list?

The ‘BRAND NEW - IN STOCK’ is Auto Trader’s wording not ours. We have no control over it and can’t remove it.

For context, Auto Trader’s new car listing started life as a physical stock locator, designed to show what physical stock is on the ground and available to drive away today.

Clearly, this product is unviable today given nobody has any stock ready to drive away. Now it is used as a way to advertise what is available. Ie, MG ZS EV was unavailable to order for a few months, so many dealers took their adverts off.

I have asked AutoTrader to remove it several times given the annoyance it causes and phone calls we get asking why we’re saying the car is in stock if it isn’t, but it appears to fall on deaf ears.
Sam, have you any timelines for delivery to Leeds then. Thanks.

The ‘BRAND NEW - IN STOCK’ is Auto Trader’s wording not ours. We have no control over it and can’t remove it.

For context, Auto Trader’s new car listing started life as a physical stock locator, designed to show what physical stock is on the ground and available to drive away today.

Clearly, this product is unviable today given nobody has any stock ready to drive away. Now it is used as a way to advertise what is available. Ie, MG ZS EV was unavailable to order for a few months, so many dealers took their adverts off.

But Sam, whether 'in stock' or not, you are advertising a model that as far as I understand is no longer available to order, does this mean you have stock cars on order that you aren't allocating to customers? Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

That's great news! Hope it means other LRTC #teamwhite puppies are riding along with yours 😜

An update from Baylis MG, Glos

They had a visit from their MG regional manager yesterday, who informed them that EVs should be arriving by the end of the year.

I placed my order on the 4th Dec for a Trophy LR in Blue.
Seeing a few more posts around now, that people who ordered Nov-Jan have been told their cars have been shipped for arrival around August. Hopefully it means MG are whittling down the waiting list.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom