MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Someone mentioned that there was going to be in influx of ships delivering cars. I have some software watching Shanghai and can confirm in the last 17 days 41 car transporter ships have departed the port:-
Destinations :-
Chile x 2
Ecuador x 2
Australia x 2
Mexico x 2
Panama x 2
Mexico x 2
UAE x 2
Saudi x 1
Brazil x1
Japan x 3
Internally within China x 9
Taiwan x 4
Korea x 3
On route to Suez x 6
On route to Singapore x 2

The ships to Suez / Singapore will need to address the requirements for all of Europe and may not all visit UK - so far we do know that only 2 are to visit Bristol, although one of these ships only spent 4 hours loading in Shanghai.

Not looking good for the big influx of cars so far?

... the dealer could apply for an extension, but not guarantee it would be granted (plus I am pretty sure now the scheme has ended they are not extending applications over the 12 months).
The 12 month extension is still in effect. It is 'guaranteed' in that, as long the the dealer follows the correct process, they will get the grant. The government could withdraw the extension ibut it's unlikely that they would do anything to adversely impact the applications that already in progress.

Update from me….

…..drum roll…..

…..wait for it…..

…Had a phone call, Moby Dick ™️ (White LRTC) is at my Donny-based dealer & my leasing firm are working out whether I can go & pick it up or have it delivered.

Don’t mind me, just doing a happy dance. After all this f’n time, almost in tears here.

In other news, anyone want a ‘21 Corsa E?
Congrats - and a TC as well! Mine - TCLR, red ordered 9/12/21 - more than a month earlier - might be on its way.... Fingers crossed.

Update from me….

…..drum roll…..

…..wait for it…..

…Had a phone call, Moby Dick ™️ (White LRTC) is at my Donny-based dealer & my leasing firm are working out whether I can go & pick it up or have it delivered.

Don’t mind me, just doing a happy dance. After all this f’n time, almost in tears here.

Can I come and sit in it to remind me what I've ordered please.

Congrats - and a TC as well! Mine - TCLR, red ordered 9/12/21 - more than a month earlier - might be on its way.... Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for you too bud.

Given all the semi-educated guesses we’ve all had, not sure whether my news is good for #TeamWhite, #TeamLR, #TeamTrophyConnect, a combo of any or all of the above, or my pleas to the motoring gods were answered & I got lucky.

Can I come and sit in it to remind me what I've ordered please.
Ha! Not got the keys in my greasy paws yet, however I have an idea…

“Did you order your car months ago? Do you not want to go back to the dealers for fear of getting arrested for GBH? Forgotten what a ZS feels like?

Join the FatboyFat MGEV Forum tour and for the low low price of 50p & a can of Guinness you can sit in a ZS and recreate the feeling when your blood pressure was lower, diesel wasn’t £1.90 a litre & Mad Vlad hadn’t invaded Ukraine….”

Last edited:
My new baby arrived this morning, proud owner and car both doing well

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_161500.jpg
    IMG_20220810_161500.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 211
Update from me….

…..drum roll…..

…..wait for it…..

A Connect model😲...they're as rare as a rocking horse grumpy. Congratulations!!

I dare not let this give me hope, but a surprise call in September to say my LRTC is here would be nice. Starting to forget what I liked about it :LOL:

Hi all.

Is there anybody in this forum who has ordered any MG ZS EV through Octopus Salary Sacrifice since say around November 2021 onwards that has received their car. I ordered mine 22nd Dec and have now had it pushed to a range date of November 2022 - January 2023?

Thanks
Oop, just checked my order status page at OEV, and its possibly slipped again, now saying Dec 2022-Feb2023 (it was sitting at 31st December 2022).

Someone mentioned that there was going to be in influx of ships delivering cars. I have some software watching Shanghai and can confirm in the last 17 days 41 car transporter ships have departed the port:-
Destinations :-
Chile x 2
Ecuador x 2
Australia x 2
Mexico x 2
Panama x 2
Mexico x 2
UAE x 2
Saudi x 1
Brazil x1
Japan x 3
Internally within China x 9
Taiwan x 4
Korea x 3
On route to Suez x 6
On route to Singapore x 2

The ships to Suez / Singapore will need to address the requirements for all of Europe and may not all visit UK - so far we do know that only 2 are to visit Bristol, although one of these ships only spent 4 hours loading in Shanghai.

Not looking good for the big influx of cars so far?
You can have all the ships you want want but if they cars aren't being built to meet orders (which seems to be the case) then it's pointless speculation...

I'm still waiting on further update SR trophy silver ordered April 14 allocated a Feb stock order not a lot the dealer can say had a big conversation with them a few weeks back originally quoted 4-6 months have not got any hope of even seeing it this year only issue I have is my current lease car will need a service and two front tyres soon and that's going to set me back 500-550 and not really somethink I really want to pay to just give it back and it was rejected due to a number of faults but now it's fixed finally after 11 visits to the dealer a new module and a new ECU and over 4 k of warranty work. Vwfs have kindly said keep using till the new one arrives.

Not like I can get a hire car just been quoted 1300 quid for two months on a little fiat and Elmo want 500 a month to temp lease a Renault Zoe not sure who there kidding .

Hope we all get our cars soon rather mg just come out in the press and say this is the situation and this is a plan
Nov/Dec orders September delivery

Jan/Feb orders Jan 2023 so on and so on at least then we all know where we stand

You can have all the ships you want want but if they cars aren't being built to meet orders (which seems to be the case) then it's pointless speculation...
They are being built though; 24% of orders fulfilled and the frequency of people receiving news theirs is built is increasing slowly. Plus those emails from MG UK need to be taken with a pinch of salt. A lot have been told it’s not been built and then received the car shortly thereafter. It’s seems China aren’t great at updating the system, so neither MG customer service nor the dealer know it’s coming and can give accurate updates.

This is why I haven’t asked for my MG order number as I doubt the information they provide will be any different from what my dealer can see and tell me.

No speculation - just facts. My youngest has finished school and waiting for exam results. He wants to go into electrical/software Engineering - Got him writing software to automatically run internet queries and collect data.
Has been running it for 17 days and 41 transport ships have departed Shanghai.
33 of of the ships will not be anywhere near Europe. 6 could be heading on our direction but are not listed on Portbury arrivals, 2 are heading to Portbury but one of those only spent 4 hours in Shanghai dock - not much will have been loaded in this time.
All the above is fact and shows that the risk of getting a sudden influx of cars is very unlikely.

The special dealers are still getting their stock orders they placed in November last year.

Orders estimated to be an average of 6000 ZS EV’s a month and they are producing 400. Look at the directions that the delivery ships are going? At this rate it is going to take a long time to catch up. The MG UK customer service that are not able to pick up the phone, but can send responses that are cut and paste from a list of made up excuses.

They can’t find battery’s and chips, but can produce prototypes and new models - they really are not looking after the customer.

We are test driving other cars now - when we find the alternative we will cancel. If this is how MG treats us before we get our car, I would not look forward to how they would look after us if there are any problems. That’s my current view anyway.

So December is clearly just another random stab in the dark. Email from MG:
Thank you for your email.

Your vehicle order status is currently ‘shortage awaiting build’.

Unfortunately, until production is confirmed, we cannot provide an exact delivery date.

We would like to let you know that there has been a high demand on the model, and the delivery lead time set initially for all vehicle orders was around 4-6 months on the system, however, this would be subject to change, due to a number of factors considered, ie. logistic challenge, global chip issue, current order queue, etc.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but it is best to continue to liaise with your purchasing dealer for delivery updates.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom