MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi, I am with Westridge in Ryde. Assume you are with Premier in Newport?
I am yes..I've read your posts with interest,fascinating reading with the shipping reports.
You certainly seem to be on top of it!!
I feel we are disadvantaged over here...I'm looking round for an alternative ordered Dec 21

You answered your own question. There's a bunch of PDI stuff that goes on port side once they've arrived.

I know with my Ioniq 38 they even arrived without 12v batteries installed and the Hyundai facility at Tilbury installed them.
I expect that the cars will have enough charge to be able to load and unload from the ferry and then load/unload from the car transporter.

Is there an isolator though?

I expect that the cars will have enough charge to be able to load and unload from the ferry and then load/unload from the car transporter.

Is there an isolator though?
The 12v battery controls an actuator which closes the contactor for the HV battery, which if not installed isolates the battery. They charge the cars up to 60% for shipping (the lithium batteries self discharge over time) with this level of charge they can last for up to 2 years.

Watching people collecting their cars gives the rest of us hope and I'm genuinely chuffed for them, even the ones getting the same spec ordered after mine. Meanwhile I'm one of the saddos tracking pigging boats knowing for well mines still in somebodies parts bins waiting to be built. This forum is keeping me sane 😬

The Titus is going into Southampton! Is that another port I have to watch? 🤔
Am getting updates every day from all ships that have been in Shanghai to see if MG are using other ports.
I am guessing that it is a considerable operation in Portbury to unload cars, inspect, PDI, arrange delivery to dealers. I cannot imagine that MG UK will have teams set up in multiple ports?
I am guessing that after Southampton it will go to Portbury to drop off the MG 4s.

Citroen Dealer called me up yesterday - got test drive on E C4 on Saturday. Advised that guarantee production slot for delivery December if we order in the next week. If not fussed about colour could get one sooner.

With our MG order still being TBA and people in Leicester getting our exact car in October from March order (ordered ours in Jan) I can see that they are just totally incompetent and the updates are just made up. They are not processing by oldest orders first as per their claim.

That's what marinetraffic.com says, due there at 1am on the 21st of August.
Unusual to go into Southampton, even more unusual is it came direct from Shanghai apart from bunkering at Singapore no stops, did notice on loading video a lot of left hand drive cars! so suspect it will unload a lot of cars here, then they will be shipped on to Europe hopefully a big lump of them will be staying in the UK 🚗🚗🚗 WHO KNOWS

Am getting updates every day from all ships that have been in Shanghai to see if MG are using other ports.
I am guessing that it is a considerable operation in Portbury to unload cars, inspect, PDI, arrange delivery to dealers. I cannot imagine that MG UK will have teams set up in multiple ports?
I am guessing that after Southampton it will go to Portbury to drop off the MG 4s.

Citroen Dealer called me up yesterday - got test drive on E C4 on Saturday. Advised that guarantee production slot for delivery December if we order in the next week. If not fussed about colour could get one sooner.

With our MG order still being TBA and people in Leicester getting our exact car in October from March order (ordered ours in Jan) I can see that they are just totally incompetent and the updates are just made up. They are not processing by oldest orders first as per their claim.
The e c4 is a big step up from the ZS. Are you purchasing or leasing? Interested as my lease car from you know who I don't think is coming.

The e c4 is a big step up from the ZS. Are you purchasing or leasing? Interested as my lease car from you know who I don't think is coming.
We are with Motability. There are not many electric cars available on the Motability list now unless you want to give £8K up front for a Nissan Ayira. Local dealer is not getting an Ayira demonstrator so if we want to try we have to go to Portsmouth or Southampton for a trip off the Isle of Wight. £134 return ferry trip with the car to go tomorrow !

I’ve ordered an LR ZS EV in SE spec from RGW contracts leasing company. It will be black. They were the cheapest monthly price on LeaseLoco.com and nobody else came close. My order went in on 12th July. They say the car is “at sea”. I contacted them to give me more precise details but they can’t. They need a reg number which they say is happening in Sept.

Based on what I have read here, I will take that with a pinch of salt.

I’ve ordered an LR ZS EV in SE spec from RGW contracts leasing company. It will be black. They were the cheapest monthly price on LeaseLoco.com and nobody else came close. My order went in on 12th July. They say the car is “at sea”. I contacted them to give me more precise details but they can’t. They need a reg number which they say is happening in Sept.

My ask was 48 months lease, 20k per year. 3 months upfront. I needed to switch from company car to a cash allowance, so the monthly numbers needed to align.

You are saying that a lease company have a pre-order car at sea and they decided to lease it to you for an incredibly low price but can’t give you any order number information / which dealer it is being supplied by.

Hopefully you have not paid a large deposit for this.

I would start asking questions if I was you. Every car that is supplied can be sold ten times over, struggle to understand why anyone would be giving massive savings now?

Global Highway has now left Greece and is routed direct to Portbury.
It offloaded some cargo in Greece - draft was 9.1 metres before it arrived and is now 8.9 metres.

Congrats - and a TC as well! Mine - TCLR, red ordered 9/12/21 - more than a month earlier - might be on its way.... Fingers crossed.
I’d like to say mine too (TCLR, Blue ordered 9/12/21) but I’m still told by my dealer (Bulldog MG, Twyford) that it’s still TBA, and not on a boat yet!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom