MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Had a phone call today from MG Birmingham with the news that my car should be with me at the end of the year.
What they didn't know is that I picked my car up last Wednesday !
I did my test drive at Birmingham, left a deposit on the 3/12/21 but when contract came through later in the day via email the terms were different to what was agreed in store. Lacking confidence in the service there I cancelled and ordered from Unity motors in Coventry on 6/12/21.
On the basis of this phone call one can assume my order was not cancelled and that dealership kept my order on the books with MG. I feel so lucky now that changing dealers on a hunch, ordering 3 days later elsewhere resulted in getting my car at least 3 months earlier

Last edited:
One thing I don't quite understand - maybe I'm being dim...

If I use the new car locator on the MG website it shows 244 cars available, why are these not being paired to the orders?!

As far as I am aware all those listings are “available to order” not “available and in stock” the vast majority of the ads only use stock images, and the ones that don’t only have pics of showroom models rather than vehicles ready for delivery.

If I use the new car locator on the MG website it shows 244 cars available, why are these not being paired to the orders?!

Because a lot of those 244 cars, even though you've selected Electric, are ICE vehicles and the rest are as @bmacrow suggested.

Call me a big fat sceptic but there are cars there for £5000 more than the prices we were quoted in November and December, So if you get P'd off and cancel your order then they make £5000 extra per car......... maybe

Tusker people. I've ordered a white LRTC (end of Jan). Order dates have been May, July, September, October and most recently mid November. Having looked at my portal the date has changed to end of October! Hope that's a good sign?!

Just heard from rgw contracts my leasing provider for my long range zs se in black

Apparently the boat is due into port today with a load of long rang se on?

Any boats due today this true!

Thanks everyone, hope it has a load of our cars on

Just heard from rgw contracts my leasing provider for my long range zs se in black

Apparently the boat is due into port today with a load of long rang se on?

Any boats due today this true!

Thanks everyone, hope it has a load of our cars on
They had that listed as stock

My email from mg after explaining that I ordered in April but was allocated a order from Feb this is the response I have had so I have sent a lovely email back with some further questions asking as follows.

1 Will Mg be able to fulfill all orders in there current bank
2. Can Mg even give any time scales as to when they can do so as I have a lease about to end and I need to make further arrangements

3. I was quoted 4-6 months which is up in October based on my 14th April order but if you take in to consideration a Feb allocation this will be closer to 8 months in all.

I have looked at other alternatives and just getting priced out everywhere if I don't see it by end of the year this may push me to have to buy a petrol car again which I really don't want to as I get free charging at work and had a electric charge point installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-121302.png
    Screenshot_20220902-121302.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 152
It’s an absolute pisstake that their even putting this out there before most have the previous model.
I don't think this is an official MG image, this is an autoexpress render. Autoexpress regularly create images of future cars that will never exist.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom