MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Any more red ones?? We've been waiting since end of Feb (we know others have waited longer, and others ordering after have already got their cars!).
I feel for you, it all makes no sense, I ordered my first one on November 6th and the second one on April 8th. Both are identical in EVERY aspect. I collected the second one last Thursday the 1st. and I would, presumably still be waiting for the first one.

So sent a text to the dealership asking if the car has been built yet or is still on “shortage” it’s still not built, ordered way back in the mist of time, or to you December, so for all this 8-9 month waiting time, doesn’t seem to fit in with mine, also as it hasn’t even be built yet, I can’t see that I will get it before next year, unless I get a cancelled one, not holding my breath on that..I can’t work out what the problem is?…ordered a silver LR Trophy, is the problem it’s a LR or is it because it’s a Trophy, is it’s because it’s a silver one?… Who knows..answers on a postcard to the Doc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else ordered from tusker, ordered May for late September delivery but have now been advised late November delivery, have chased a delivery date and they are unable to as not built yet, currently not confident after seeing all the posts and comments with people waiting, just wondered if anyone has managed to do anything with tusker as I have no car and the stop gap car is double what my MGzs ev should be I don't mind going without till November but if it's not here by then im going to need to cancel and buy a car, wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and had any solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else ordered from tusker, ordered may for late September delivery but have now been advised late November delivery, have chased a delivery date and they are unable to as not built yet, currently not confident after seeing all the posts and comments with people waiting, just wondered if anyone has managed to do anything with tusker as I have no car and the stop gap car is double what my MGzs ev should be I don't mind going without till November but if it's not hear by then im going to need to cancel and buy a car, wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and had any solutions.
If the cars not built yet I’d take a November delivery date with a pinch of salt. MG aren’t providing delivery dates now unless the cars built. My order (2nd April) has no date as it’s not built. I’d presume that’s a guess as to when it may arrive from Tusker.

Anyone else ordered from tusker, ordered may for late September delivery but have now been advised late November delivery, have chased a delivery date and they are unable to as not built yet, currently not confident after seeing all the posts and comments with people waiting, just wondered if anyone has managed to do anything with tusker as I have no car and the stop gap car is double what my MGzs ev should be I don't mind going without till November but if it's not hear by then im going to need to cancel and buy a car, wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and had any solutions.
I'm with Tusker - waiting for a SR Trophy in Silver. Estimated date to dealer says mid-November, it was late September. If I was a betting man, I'd say that was optimistic and it will be 2023 before I see it....have no idea what month though :ROFLMAO:

I've searched high and dry for other alternative models and none just come close in terms of price band and spec still awaiting a further email to the original one i sent to mg i feel the ignoring tactic has set in as they have nothing to write other than a copy and paste. I am trying to get hold of someone higher up ie the ceo and finding an email for him to see if he can answer my basic question but i dont hold my breath for a response tbh. All i want to know .... Can mg fulfil all orders or could we find that some will be cancelled, and we have waited for sod all i really can not see how mg can build all these orders and still accept new ones

dan

Last edited:
Also Tusker. Ordered January. No way it's arriving this year I'd say. They gave me November recently, but it's a guess.

I've searched high and dry for other alternative models and none just come close in terms of price band and spec still awaiting a further email to the original one i sent to mg i feel the ignoring tactic has set in as they have nothing to write other than a copy and paste. I am trying to get hold of someone higher up ie the ceo and finding an email for him to see if he can answer my basic question but i dont hold my breath for a response tbh. All i want to know .... Can mg fulfil all orders or could we find that some will be cancelled, and we have waited for sod all i really can not see how mg can build all these orders and still accept new ones

dan
The last competitive leases at similar rates were the Citroen eC4, Ioniq 38, Leaf and base model VW ID3. Back in December 2021 you could get similar prices or closish, but those deals disappeared in January 22 as the chip shortages started to really bite.

I'd say we are a couple of years off at least from getting back to that sort of position. If those alternatives were available now with wait times of 6 months or less I'd have cancelled ages ago.

Yes i agree with what you are saying Bodgerx spoken to a few lease companies and have all said you can not get any prices near to what i got and said the cheapest ev we have was a corsa e for 398 a month.

Also looked at a mokka e and just dosent do it for me in terms on the interior nothing stands out and for 32 k agaisnt the mg at 29k before the price hike its just a no brainer what to stick with at this point but ....

i feel by the end of the year if nothink is sorted it could push me back in to buying a petrol and that i really do not want to do after installing a ev charge pod but with my lease coming to an end and a 500 pound bill looming i have to decide what is right as i can hand it back now and avoid the servicing and two tyres it needs

Had call from my dealer this afternoon, (Richmond Portsmouth) to say they had a car for me and i should be able to collect before end of month. Ordered Trophy Connect LR in Red with Sunroof 19th May same week that MG suspended taking further orders. Presumably still at sea on the way to UK hopefully with many many other ZS EVs for you people that ordered yours late 2021 early 2022. I hope your patience is rewarded... Dealer didn't say that car availability due to cancelled order and if his timetable is correct, it will be very near the 4 month delivery timescale originally quoted

Hello!

Ordered my ZSEV LR TC on 8/12/21 through Novuna Vehicle Solutions on Hire Lease. Suited me with the way my work is at the moment. It's being handled by Richmond MG, Portsmouth so I have had a few calls with them over all this time to see if there are any updates. My latest estimate is end October, but I wouldn't be surprised if it rolls over. Fortunately I got in before the gov't grant ended and have it in writing that they will honour the pricing even if it rolls over 12 months from order date. I managed to get the charging point installed 6 months ago before the grant on that ended and I can't wait to move over to electric from a really thirsty Mazda CX-5 Diesel. :-/

So sent a text to the dealership asking if the car has been built yet or is still on “shortage” it’s still not built, ordered way back in the mist of time, or to you December, so for all this 8-9 month waiting time, doesn’t seem to fit in with mine, also as it hasn’t even be built yet, I can’t see that I will get it before next year, unless I get a cancelled one, not holding my breath on that..I can’t work out what the problem is?…ordered a silver LR Trophy, is the problem it’s a LR or is it because it’s a Trophy, is it’s because it’s a silver one?…f*** knows..answers on a postcard to the Doc..
Is it just me or does there seem to be a real problem with Silver? I know of a few that have been delivered but dosnt feel like its in the same or even close to the same volume as other colours?

Is it just me or does there seem to be a real problem with Silver? I know of a few that have been delivered but dosnt feel like its in the same or even close to the same volume as other colours?

If you look at the “MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker“ thread it looks to be doing about as well as the other colours.

Had call from my dealer this afternoon, (Richmond Portsmouth) to say they had a car for me and i should be able to collect before end of month. Ordered Trophy Connect LR in Red with Sunroof 19th May same week that MG suspended taking further orders. Presumably still at sea on the way to UK hopefully with many many other ZS EVs for you people that ordered yours late 2021 early 2022. I hope your patience is rewarded... Dealer didn't say that car availability due to cancelled order and if his timetable is correct, it will be very near the 4 month delivery timescale originally quoted
Ordered in May and collecting September?
Better get your tin hat ready 😄

Ordered exactly the same in January and both my dealer and MGUK state it hasn't been built due to shortages

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom