MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Now I’ve just had a phone call from Tim (MD MG Unity) which was very interesting as he said, he’d been in talks with MG UK (he understood I’d been in contact with them as well) no Tim, MG China, most of the day and they seemed to have pulled a car out of the air for me, meeting up on Friday to sort paperwork out, he did say the car was at sea, I could get it for the end of October, but is saying November to be on the safe side…(I put my hand on my heart and swear on my girls life I’m not making the above up) so I would say, the email to the nice woman in China seems to have done something imo…
I think I can now sleep a little more soundly at night now that I believe you are going to get your car very soon!

You Sir, have been a delight in your trials and tribulations over the last 10 months. \

thank you for your candour and your amusing posts 👍🍺

I hope you get your car as now expected, equally, I can not wait to read your posts if you do not!!! 😂😂

I think I can now sleep a little more soundly at night now that I believe you are going to get your car very soon!

You Sir, have been a delight in your trials and tribulations over the last 10 months. \

thank you for your candour and your amusing posts 👍🍺

I hope you get your car as now expected, equally, I can not wait to read your posts if you do not!!! 😂😂
Thank you for your post, nice to know someone likes my silly SOH…let’s hope the car does turn up (I’m sure it will) or I’m sure my head will exploded…or maybe I’ll rip my shirt as I turn green..

good luck to all that are waiting, hopefully not too long..

Thank you for your post, nice to know someone likes my silly SOH…let’s hope the car does turn up (I’m sure it will) or I’m sure my head will exploded…or maybe I’ll rip my shirt as I turn green..

At least you will be left in some sort of Florida Beech-Boys semi ripped jeans / boxers 👍

Congrats on the news. I'm loving mine collected from same dealer about 6 six weeks ago. by coincidence the timing fits between ordering and collection of mine. I ordered a week before you but I believe my order went to MG a month before so we're not far apart. Its also nice that smaller local dealerships are getting some cars through. Next dilemma is what to do with cash saved from not buying fossil fuels. After months on this thread we need a new one for help in spending savings.:unsure::unsure::unsure:.

Lol no! Was debating whether to share on here or just message you. I hardly slept on Friday thinking it has to be here so on sat morn I rushed down there, sales lady was in the phone but said “I have good news for you” so I waited and looked around the yard for new cars. She ended her phone call and said “Your car is due in on 14 Nov but it may come sooner” I told her she already told me that earlier in the week and she said “Did I?” I was gutted and she insisted it was still good news! So basically she was repeating the same info but forgot. On the positive side she insists that it is defo on its way so she must know something.
Feel a bit of a chump with my excitement now 😂😂😂
I was really looking forward to the charge flap shot you were talking about....... :p

Congrats on the news. I'm loving mine collected from same dealer about 6 six weeks ago. by coincidence the timing fits between ordering and collection of mine. I ordered a week before you but I believe my order went to MG a month before so we're not far apart. Its also nice that smaller local dealerships are getting some cars through. Next dilemma is what to do with cash saved from not buying fossil fuels. After months on this thread we need a new one for help in spending savings.:unsure::unsure::unsure:.
And there’s me thinking I would be the only one in Coventry with a ZS…what colour did you get?…don’t tell me, it’s a silver one as well…

I emailed the lady in China and thanked her for any help she had in getting me a car, had a reply, didn’t say she had anything to do with it, just said “glad to hear that you will be sitting in an MG ZS EV soon, enjoy the ride and drive safely. Thank you for your patient and great trust to MG”..

Hi guys new to the thread. I have been watching this thread since I ordered in March thinking I would never get my car this year, but had a phone call today that my MG ZS 130kW SE 51kWh in white has arrived. Ordered March this year on a works lease scheme it was supposed to come July then it went to the end of December so I thought it would be next year but thank god it’s come. Fingers crossed for everyone else who is waiting.

So I went to the pictures and on the way, I spotted a lorry full of ZS on it and right on the back, was a silver ZS, I thought could that be mine? No it wasn’t as called in to the dealership, to be told, no news still on shortage..oh really?..Tim tells me I’ll have one within a few weeks, told the salesman, I’d contacted the head of marketing and PR in China, the look on his face was priceless, anyway, I wasn’t supposed to be there till Friday, but as I was passing, they had a look at the Merc and the trade-in price had gone from £9.5k down to £7.7k sort of told him where to stick it..as was told way back in December MG would honour the price, come what May, said, he just couldn’t get anywhere near that price now, best he could do was £8k..I was getting the £1.5 from whoever it is, ( Santander, maybe) and so it works out at £9.5k..I said it should be £11k..it’s not my fault that you have taken so long to get me a car and if I hadn’t emailed MG China, I would still be sitting here with no sign of a car..I was told end of March, I was told you would stand by the £9.5k..not my fault it’s taken you 10 months to find me a car..not my fault used car prices have gone down, not my fault your salesman told me this and then p*** off…and of course the interest rates have gone up..so it’s gone from 4.5% to 7.5%.. told me the price of the car (33,500) has gone up another 1k to 34,500..said he would honour that...so to say I wasn’t a very happy bunny, don’t need to go in on Friday as whatever was happening then, has happened today..I don’t know what to do now? Just trade in the Merc with them for the 8k or try WBAC (which I think is a waste of time, give you a high price and then cut it in half, when they see the car) may see what Motorway is like, but feel I’ll just trade it in with MG from the £8k…but as I’m not very happy, I’ll have a look at what they’ve got in MG clothing and see if I can get something for nothing..they’ve got nothing in Coventry, so this may call for a trip to BC…

also don‘t know what to do with the monthly payment…as it stands, £2k back and payments of £354pm…or £3k back and payments of £378pm…have to have a think about it

just looked on Motorway and it’s come back with £9,750…guess it wont be anywhere near that price, needs two new tyres on the front to start with..looks like I need to take photos of it..something for tomorrow…anyone on here sold there car with Motorway? How did it go?

Last edited:
So I went to the pictures and on the way, I spotted a lorry full of ZS on it and right on the back, was a silver ZS, I thought could that be mine? No it wasn’t as called in to the dealership, to be told, no news still on shortage..oh really?..Tim tells me I’ll have one within a few weeks, told the salesman, I’d contacted the head of marketing and PR in China, the look on his face was priceless, anyway, I wasn’t supposed to be there till Friday, but as I was passing, they had a look at the Merc and the trade-in price had gone from £9.5k down to £7.7k sort of told him where to stick it..as was told way back in December MG would honour the price, come what May, said, he just couldn’t get anywhere near that price now, best he could do was £8k..I was getting the £1.5 from whoever it is, ( Santander, maybe) and so it works out at £9.5k..I said it should be £11k..it’s not my fault that you have taken so long to get me a car and if I hadn’t emailed MG China, I would still be sitting here with no sign of a car..I was told end of March, I was told you would stand by the £9.5k..not my fault it’s taken you 10 months to find me a car..not my fault used car prices have gone down, not my fault your salesman told me this and then p*** off…and of course the interest rates have gone up..so it’s gone from 4.5% to 7.5%.. told me the price of the car (33,500) has gone up another 1k to 34,500..said he would honour that...so to say I wasn’t a very happy bunny, don’t need to go in on Friday as whatever was happening then, has happened today..I don’t know what to do now? Just trade in the Merc with them for the 8k or try WBAC (which I think is a waste of time, give you a high price and then cut it in half, when they see the car) may see what Motorway is like, but feel I’ll just trade it in with MG from the £8k…but as I’m not very happy, I’ll have a look at what they’ve got in MG clothing and see if I can get something for nothing..they’ve got nothing in Coventry, so this may call for a trip to BC…

also don‘t know what to do with the monthly payment…as it stands, £2k back and payments of £354pm…or £3k back and payments of £378pm…have to have a think about it

just looked on Motorway and it’s come back with £9,750…guess it wont be anywhere near that price, needs two new tyres on the front to start with..looks like I need to take photos of it..something for tomorrow…anyone on here sold there car with Motorway? How did it go?
Tried them for my Lexus last month, initial estimate 2 grand more than WBAC. Sounded great until i lost 3 days of my life taking pictures and sending emails. The car was mint for its age(10 years). I took 3 pictures of one alloy alone to confirm no chips in rim.Endless pictures of front spoiler were i said it had the odd stone chips on front spoiler that couldn't be seen from 4 foot away or show in photos. All prove of full service history (no problem there) they then requested the other 37 documents I add, wiper blades,brake pads/discs, everthing that had been done in its 51000 miles. I then gave up, drove it to nearest second hand dealer who snatched my hand off at midpoint of WBAC and Motorway estimates, all done in 1/2 hour. At 62 years of age and a medical condition that means I wont make old bones I didn't want to waste undue time offloading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And there’s me thinking I would be the only one in Coventry with a ZS…what colour did you get?…don’t tell me, it’s a silver one as well…

I emailed the lady in China and thanked her for any help she had in getting me a car, had a reply, didn’t say she had anything to do with it, just said “glad to hear that you will be sitting in an MG ZS EV soon, enjoy the ride and drive safely. Thank you for your patient and great trust to MG”..
Mine's a Red one, I've seen a blue one a few times locally, so Black and White to look out for now.

Another thought for monthly payment is to "adjust' annual mileage, my sister ordered her MG4 with 30k miles to pay more per month for lower overall interest payable and reduced balloon at end of term.Alternatively you could underestimate for lower monthly payment and take the hit at end of term(maybe not a wise thing to do if you intend to hand back at that point).

Tried them for my Lexus last month, initial estimate 2 grand more than WBAC. Sounded great until i lost 3 days of my life taking pictures and sending emails. The car was mint for its age(10 years). I took 3 pictures of one alloy alone to confirm no chips in rim.Endless pictures of front spoiler were i said it had the odd stone chips on front spoiler that couldn't be seen from 4 foot away or show in photos. All prove of full service history (no problem their) they then requested the other 37 documents I add, wiper blades,brake pads/discs, everthing that had been done in its 51000 miles. I then gave up, drove it to nearest second hand dealer who snatched my hand off at midpoint of WBAC and Motorway estimates, all done in 1/2 hour. At 62 years of age and a medical condition that means I wont make old bones I didn't want to waste undue time offloading it.
Same age as me then, only I look better 😂 don’t know if I could be bothered to do all the messing about with photos etc…think it’ll still go to MG for the £8k and whatever I can get for free, if anything..

Another thought for monthly payment is to "adjust' annual mileage, my sister ordered her MG4 with 30k miles to pay more per month for lower overall interest payable and reduced balloon at end of term.Alternatively you could underestimate for lower monthly payment and take the hit at end of term(maybe not a wise thing to do if you intend to hand back at that point).
thats for a 8k per year..last Few years ive done around the 5-6k mark…so guess 8k Maybe around the right mark..don’t know if I’ll keep the car for 4 years..will be looking to chop it in after about 3 years..but let’s see, I may like it enough to run it for the 4 years…

Dr Johnny Fever, my dealer only offered 9,300 for my Kadjar sold it to WBAC for just under 11,000.
Try them?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom