MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Are you pleased with it, is everything OK with it?
Have an issue with front passenger door handle (intermittent fault) as described in this thread.
Get it looked at next week. Not sure if they will replace the lock straight away or try to adjust it first.

Apart from that all good. Done nearly 1500 miles in three weeks. No issues. Really nice car for motorway. ACC + MG Pilot make journeys more relaxing.

Got the car quicker than expected and with sky roof which I was not expecting. So can't really complain.

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to track orders from the factory to the ship and then to Brussels.
Mg told me today that the car is built and awaiting transportation to the ship in China.
Thanks in advance

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to track orders from the factory to the ship and then to Brussels.
Mg told me today that the car is built and awaiting transportation to the ship in China.
Thanks in advance
Contact MG Dealer or MG Europe, hopefully they can help.

News from Portugal! Picking car up in 2 weeks!! We've got the reg and everything - so looking hopeful! 🚗
Great news, what model did you order?

Great news, what model did you order?
Its the comfort model (SE in UK) blue, long range. However they have a red one coming in, so we've switched to that. It will be 13 months almost exactly and we're only getting this because we're happy to switch. But hey - red was our 2nd choice, so all good!

Its the comfort model (SE in UK) blue, long range. However they have a red one coming in, so we've switched to that. It will be 13 months almost exactly and we're only getting this because we're happy to switch. But hey - red was our 2nd choice, so all good!
My order is for the #Teamred too.

I've just called the dealer to cancel my order only to be informed that the car is now magically showing ETA to the dealer of 21st April, should I take this with a pinch of salt, or is it totally believable?
Just keep in mind that for customers like me, my car went straight from not built/on shortage, to having an arrival date. There was never an in-between status, so it could be similar for you. I'd still ask for further confirmation from the dealer if possible.

Holdcroft through novuna

Where the random part comes in

Thing is fleet company novuna won't know much they are just a go between they rely on dealer updates.

The fleet dept at holdcroft when I spoke to them basically said they don't know, they have the cars on order then sometimes they show up once delivered .

They have their own lists based on spec and date I suppose to manage what they have on order which won't link to mg and will be managed along the lines of if one at top of list cancels they will keep that order and remove similar order near the bottom of the list.

Where it will get iffy is if one at top of lists cancels do they offer the same spec to next on the list but different colour or do they move down the list to its exact same order.

Only time they will cancel orders near the top is if its a wild spec that won't sell as well

The further issue will happen I guess if dealership needs a car and fleet have a cancelled order that would then be transferred to dealership.

A lot of different variables and moving parts that make it random

It is incredibly frustrating looking at it from our side but I guess they are business that needs to make money

Last edited:
Having ordered the car on the 23rd March 2022, it finally came last Saturday.

There are some issues with the car which other owners had mentioned in other posts, however the car is worth the wait. It is very easy to drive, using KERS, ACC and Traffic Jam Assist etc. The video quality isn’t brilliant but good enough.

For those still waiting, hang in there. You will not be disappointed.

And finally for those boy & girl racers out there, acceleration is great.

Hi all,
Thanks in advance
The key is to know the date it's loaded on the ship, keep onto your dealer, make sure they know how interested you are, then go to Shangai port and check what car carriers leave that day. I used vesselfinder.com to stalk my ship the Hoegh Tokyo, to Zeebrugge, that's where it'll be unloaded. It'll take 4-5 weeks, depending on how many stops it makes. Then it'll either be the Schelde Highway or the Malacca Highway, they go from Zeebrugge to Dublin regulatory. The Malacca Highway delivered mine last Tuesday and it arrived in Johnson and Perrots yesterday.i ordered it in January of last year, just waiting to have it registered. My brother ordered one the very next day and is still waiting.

Hi all - Just had an email from Tusker leasing telling me that MG have effectively STOPPED PRODUCTION of ZS EV :-
"The Factories have received unprecedented requests and we have been advised that this will mean a significant delay and the manufacturer will be unable to fulfil 45% of worldwide order requests, with the ongoing supply shortages for semi-conductors also being a contributing factor.

MG have advised that any order that was placed from June will be affected; we have identified your order as one of these.
"

After speaking to Tusker, they say that MG has prioritised production of the MG 4 until further notice.

For a start, I placed my order of a LR Trophy in red exactly 1 year to the day ago - 6th April 2022 !!
Tusker have suggested that I would be better ordering an MG 4 but their monthly cost is 35% more than my existing order (this is a salary sacrifice deal). Oh and it has to black or white! No red (or orange).

After waiting for exactly 12 months and watching my colleagues receive their Teslas, Polestars, etc. months ago; shall we say I was slightly miffed - (read INCANDECENT !)

Okay - I could accept an MG 4, but not in black or white - it would annoy me every time I looked at it. But to increase the price by well over £125!!!

Anyone else heard anything similar? I know there's semi-conductor problems, but my local dealer has offered me a car (in stock) 3 times whilst I've been waiting on Tusker dragging their heels.

Off to test drive an MG 4 tomorrow and then have to make a decision - do I wait and hope will finally fulfil my ZS EV order or find a better deal for an MG 4 Trophy. It will be interesting to see what the dealers take on this is !

Hi all - Just had an email from Tusker leasing telling me that MG have effectively STOPPED PRODUCTION of ZS EV :-
"The Factories have received unprecedented requests and we have been advised that this will mean a significant delay and the manufacturer will be unable to fulfil 45% of worldwide order requests, with the ongoing supply shortages for semi-conductors also being a contributing factor.

MG have advised that any order that was placed from June will be affected; we have identified your order as one of these.
"

After speaking to Tusker, they say that MG has prioritised production of the MG 4 until further notice.

For a start, I placed my order of a LR Trophy in red exactly 1 year to the day ago - 6th April 2022 !!
Tusker have suggested that I would be better ordering an MG 4 but their monthly cost is 35% more than my existing order (this is a salary sacrifice deal). Oh and it has to black or white! No red (or orange).

After waiting for exactly 12 months and watching my colleagues receive their Teslas, Polestars, etc. months ago; shall we say I was slightly miffed - (read INCANDECENT !)

Okay - I could accept an MG 4, but not in black or white - it would annoy me every time I looked at it. But to increase the price by well over £125!!!

Anyone else heard anything similar? I know there's semi-conductor problems, but my local dealer has offered me a car (in stock) 3 times whilst I've been waiting on Tusker dragging their heels.

Off to test drive an MG 4 tomorrow and then have to make a decision - do I wait and hope will finally fulfil my ZS EV order or find a better deal for an MG 4 Trophy. It will be interesting to see what the dealers take on this is !
Funny this with novuna

I enquire about cancelling and swapping to an mg4 and they informed me that would be 20 weeks from change to mg4 if I went that way.

There's been rumours though that only around 6k of 11k orders would be fulfilled is on this thread a few times.

My guess would be that they intend to build a new ZS EV ( or similar model ) on the new platform like the MG4.
Both models of the ZS EV are NOT from the “ground up” electric cars.
When MG stated in June of 22 that they could not keep up demand for the car, even at a higher price and with options like the Sky roof etc being removed, that was the warning sign TBH.
I expect that the all new model to be announced in 2024 and in the mean time, they will be in a transition period.
The ZS EV was the first MG model to receive the EV treatment in 2019 and the demand for this car was more than MG could have hoped for TBH.
Introduction incentives were very generous in order to attract new customers to the brand.
As popularity increased production could not keep pace with the demand.
A similar condition applied with the face lift model was introduced two years later.

"

If you know which dealer fulfills your Tusker order reach out to them. They might find you a cancellation. If it is in different colour/ specs Tusker will have to amend their order. Again dealer should be able to liase with them to do this.

This way you can still get a car on terms agreed in April.

I have ordered my car through Tusker in July. Had it delivered nearly a month ago.

Fingers crossed things will work out for you as well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom