MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I know, just blowing off steam , I just wish that my dealer in particular would be more open and up front and contact me more often instead of me always doing the leg work and then coming up with excuses for not being in touch, never mind when this is over I will be posting an honest and to the point review

So is that right there is only one vessel coming in to the UK with all the zs orders? No matter LR or SR?

I ordered an SR trophy 2 weeks ago from my local dealer and they were tell me end of April delivery. But reading about all your stories am I being lied to?

So is that right there is only one vessel coming in to the UK with all the zs orders? No matter LR or SR?

I ordered an SR trophy 2 weeks ago from my local dealer and they were tell me end of April delivery. But reading about all your stories am I being lied to?
No your not being lied to that's what Mg are telling the dealers. Everyone is saying March was pushed back to April and it could be May depending where you are. Remember these comments are not just UK. Ireland, Netherlands, Israel, France, etc. You have to read between the lines but they are not lying to you but it is best guess we believe!

Thanks for your advice here, that gave a bit of extra comfort.

It's just that I am not sure if they are saying end of April just to get my business or is really end of April of you know what I mean.

Fingers crossed.

I got a call from my dealer yesterday MG Linwood with the iv'e got good news and bad news routine. The MG5 LR that i ordered on 5th Nov in red won't be here until Aug. but if i want another colour i can have silver, black or blue on 21st March. Iv'e picked blue, i asked about white but not available until end of April. So here's hoping.
Had a similar thing. Delay after delay....then a call from the dealer saying i can wait until May, more likely June for the car I ordered (white ZS EV LR trophy) or take a Red one (£695 extra for tri coat paint) and have it 2nd/3rd week of March. I took him up on his offer so hoping to collect in next 2 to 3 weeks. 🤞

Had a similar thing. Delay after delay....then a call from the dealer saying i can wait until May, more likely June for the car I ordered (white ZS EV LR trophy) or take a Red one (£695 extra for tri coat paint) and have it 2nd/3rd week of March. I took him up on his offer so hoping to collect in next 2 to 3 weeks. 🤞
Which dealership??
Here’s hoping my LR Trophy in Tri coat Red does arrive in March as well!!

I would be a bit disappointed if it doesn’t tbh as obviously the priority for MG/dealerships should be to first match existing orders and then offer to other customers but who knows!!

Hopefully they're not playing the gamble that you're already on the hook and will wait, so are delivering 50% for existing orders and 50% for those that are new customers but wont wait.

I think the reality is, demand has outstripped supply and at a rate completely unpredicted by MG, their build/allocation/shipping system is unlike other major manufacturers and just doesn't scale.

They still seem to be operating a system where dealers order what china says they have and then expect the dealers to sell them on once on the forecourt.

Which dealership??
Here’s hoping my LR Trophy in Tri coat Red does arrive in March as well!!

I would be a bit disappointed if it doesn’t tbh as obviously the priority for MG/dealerships should be to first match existing orders and then offer to other customers but who knows!!
Chorley Group. I think it more likely that these are spares that they either ordered for customers who cancelled or as stock / dealer cars. As for priority and matching existing orders I suppose that makes sense but also factor in when people may have ordered.

Which dealer did you order from and when?

Chorley Group. I think it more likely that these are spares that they either ordered for customers who cancelled or as stock / dealer cars. As for priority and matching existing orders I suppose that makes sense but also factor in when people may have ordered.

I clearly remember Miles stating on one of the pod cast’s, that the Chorley group had placed their first order for ZS EV face lift models, that numbered a total of 50 cars.
My guess would be that some of this number was a combination of both early dedicated customer orders and some cars for stock.
It would be my guess, that any customers who placed an order and paid a deposit, would be matched to list of them 50 cars.
Pure speculation on my part here.

Same from Chorley Group and ordered way back in November. So here’s getting my hopes even higher - thank you!! Which sales person if u don’t mind me asking?

Will obviously really feel gutted if I don’t get it in March now and then find my exact spec ordered car gets offered to someone else - just won’t make sense that! Let’s hope for the best.

Same from Chorley Group and ordered way back in November. So here’s getting my hopes even higher - thank you!! Which sales person if u don’t mind me asking?

Will obviously really feel gutted if I don’t get it in March now and then find my exact spec ordered car gets offered to someone else - just won’t make sense that! Let’s hope for the best.
When did you last get an update from them. I ordered early Nov as well so fingers crossed we are both getting ours in a couple of weeks 🤞

Nice to see, someone is getting calls from the Chorley group I have never had a call from them unless I have called them I feel that their customer service is a bit lacking 🙈

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom