MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I was thinking 🤔 about tuning in to the shipping forecast tonight ? 🤣.
Anybody else up for it !.
My late farther use to like listening to the shipping forecast, he fished a rowing boat with my Grandad, in attempt to catch salmon ( all above board ) in his spare time.
We had to stay still until forecast had finished, otherwise we would be in bed extra early !.
My, how times have changed now folks.

When do the car carriers that SAIC purchased start to run? I thought they were due to start running pretty soon. I seem to remember Miles mentioning them in the podcast.

When do the car carriers that SAIC purchased start to run? I they were due to start running pretty soon. I seem to remember Miles mentioning them in the podcast.
It is running but only been to portbury once I believe QUOTE me if I'm wrong

It is running but only been to portbury once I believe QUOTE me if I'm wrong
In the last podcast;

Miles says that SAIC have bought a couple of new car carriers. Just watched again and he says they are expected to run in a month or two so presumably March/April/May timeframe as the video was end of Feb?

In the last podcast;

Miles says that SAIC have bought a couple of new car carriers. Just watched again and he says they are expected to run in a month or two so presumably March/April/May timeframe as the video was end of Feb?

Thank you just watch it I have ordered 1.5 petrol exclusive on the 1st of November but it seems to be EV coming through

If you want any current info regarding MG EV's & PHEV's - I can highly recommend you tune into the Monday night Pod Cast with @Miles Roberts CG and the gang !.
I don't believe there is a LIVE session scheduled for this Monday ( 14th March 2022 ) but if you watch the last Pod Cast, kindly provided by @drmcw and then subscribe to the channel ( which is free ) then by ticking the bell icon, you will be notified when a new video is about to be released.

Thank you just watch it I have ordered 1.5 petrol exclusive on the 1st of November but it seems to be EV coming through
I think they have to be "creative" with what they ship especially for petrol models as they have quotas. I remember that towards the end of last year some ICE models went awol so that quota limits weren't breached which delayed those cars being delivered.

if delivery is put back any further beyond September , Im going to cancel and buy a Hyundai Ioniq 5 , Talking to a guy outside Tesco today , he had it all of three days , love the styling , 10 k plus more expensive than the MG but still several grand cheaper than the ID4 or even Kia EV6 over here , Skoda Kodiaq is pricey for any decent spec and range too

I was at Arnold Clark Linwood today and they have 16 MG5s 8 silver and 8 black all with labels stating they arrived on the Viking Sea. They arrived over the past couple of days, that would sugest they are still clearing dock side from Viking Sea.

I told the dealer three weeks ago Id take any colour bar duckegg blue if their were any cancellations in the first batch , would only take the top spec too however

if delivery is put back any further beyond September , Im going to cancel and buy a Hyundai Ioniq 5 , Talking to a guy outside Tesco today , he had it all of three days , love the styling , 10 k plus more expensive than the MG but still several grand cheaper than the ID4 or even Kia EV6 over here , Skoda Kodiaq is pricey for any decent spec and range too
A step up in price for the Ioniq 5. But if it’s inside your budget it is an excellent BEV.

I wish i had ordered the model 3 back in November. Tesla were offering a very generous trade in for my leaf and PCP payments would have been less than im currently paying. Went for ZS as i wanted to save money right away. It hasn't worked out that way and i'm going to reach the end of my current pcp before zs arrives. I may just keep the leaf if it takes much longer. Tesla trade in not as competitive now and model 3 is more expensive. Been a terrible buying experience this time round.

I wish i had ordered the model 3 back in November. Tesla were offering a very generous trade in for my leaf and PCP payments would have been less than im currently paying. Went for ZS as i wanted to save money right away. It hasn't worked out that way and i'm going to reach the end of my current pcp before zs arrives. I may just keep the leaf if it takes much longer. Tesla trade in not as competitive now and model 3 is more expensive. Been a terrible buying experience this time round.
Its incredibly frustrating, and keep seeing the TV adverts for the ZS LR really p..... me off. I sent emails to half a dozen MG dealerships today enquiring if they had any LR in stock everyone without exception said no, all said factory build orders. I've got the option of a white LR ex demo on a 71 plate but having waited this long I think I will wait for the new reg. Unless they are going to give me a significant discount and it needs to be significant. But I can bet it won't be.
lol

Unless they are going to give me a significant discount and it needs to be significant. But I can bet it won't be.
lol
It will not be, sorry !.
If you want one NOW - You are have to be willing to pay for it unfortunately.
It's all about supply and demand !.
WAIT !.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom