MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I think China will remain neutral between Russia and Ukrain, neither condoning nor condeming the state sponsored terrorism. As they have infiltrated most aspects of global manufacturing, they've got a lot to lose if NATO impose sanctions on them.

Officially 7 month wait as of today.

Getting absolutely nowhere with my contact at the dealership either. Just it's awaiting transport.

Is anyone having any luck from 10th March Port delivery?
As far as I know orders for the facelift ZS EV could not be placed until 1st Nov so if you ordered before then it was just sitting on a list somewhere waiting till 1st Nov.
What is very odd is that I can’t see any real pattern to the order and delivery process. It seems people are randomly having their car delivered even if they weren’t the first ones to order, which is very frustrating.
I’ve also heard that MG are prioritising the building of the ICE (petrol/diesel) ZS vehicles over the EV ones for now as they have stopped taking orders on the ICE ones, and that the bulk of the EVs will be delayed and delivered around June.
I still don’t understand why some are having their cars delivered now, there seems to be no consistency in the system atall…

I ordered a red Trophy Connect LR at the start of Nov. Still no sign. Then on FB saw someone ordered the exact same on January 22nd and collected it about 2 weeks ago. Cancelled my order, tested a Citroen e-C4 last Saturday and collect it on Monday. Then I'll sign out and say bye.

I agree I am finding it hard to believe that SAIC, the 12th biggest car producer in the world does not have a better system for the tracking and delivery of their products.
I also can't understand why the dealership's do not also have a modern tracking and delivery system, after all they do in India, it feels that the dealership's are ordering vehicles on a wing and a prayer so so frustrating and does not fill me with confidence for after sales service

Getting absolutely nowhere with my contact at the dealership either. Just it's awaiting transport.

Got an update on my order (red Trophy Connect) 2 days ago, to the effect MG has told my dealer due in 8 weeks. What is the "official" source of the 7 month delay?

Last edited:
MG must have lost a lot of orders with this debarcle. There seems to be no such thing as an order list. If you're in the right place at the right time the waiting list doesn't seem to exist.
It's a very poor way to run a company.

I was at Arnold Clark Linwood and they said that they couldn't track any orders as it would cost far to much and they didn't have the computing capacity to do so. Yet another fable from the MG dealership book of tell the customer anything.

No I'm 7 months as well told it was at sea on 10th of Feb was hoping to have heard it was at dock or on its way but nothing I presumed it would of been on viking adventure 🤷‍♂️

I was at Arnold Clark Linwood and they said that they couldn't track any orders as it would cost far to much and they didn't have the computing capacity to do so. Yet another fable from the MG dealership book of tell the customer anything.
I think we need the understand that, and its been said on this thread several times that MG batch build cars in their hundreds and under normal circumstances there wouldn't be a long waiting time. But we are not in normal times and havnt been since the beginning of 2020. Covid decimated the global economy, China was in a total lockdown in many areas for a lot longer that we know about, production of semi conductors came to a complete stand still followed by a significant fire in japanese semi conductor plant. Any that were produced were taken up by computer companies by the million and car companies cancelled there semi conductor orders by the million, thinking that car buying would be in decline for a long while. They were wrong. And when the production restarted with a vengeance, guess what, semi conductor production was limited and there was no substantial stock. There are hundreds of MG cars waiting to be shipped, waiting for semi conductors. You cannot give a accurate delivery date if your own deliveries of semi conductors is significantly reduced and random. That is why random cars just turn up.
Ford are quoting 36 weeks for most models. I've been waiting 12 and in all probability it will arrive after about in 24. This is not a MG/saic problem its a car manufacturing issue globally. Tesla and other car companies are sending cars to customers that have semi conductors missing and will be retro fitted when they have them. I would sooner wait and get a car that is complete tbh

Originally it was due to the lack of chips. But delivery went from November to December to between Christmas and New year to Feb. Then 7th March and now its in the never never with no real reason or explanation.

I just get told "we are frustrated too" 😠
Got an update on my order (red Trophy Connect) 2 days ago, to the effect MG has told my dealer due in 8 weeks. What is the "official" source of the 7 month delay?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom