MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

They all have mobile data connection the connect will need extra chips for voice recognition and a few extra modules
I assumed that the voice recognition would've been a cloud service much like alexa or google assistant are and so the Connect data plan allowed for voice recognition capabilities.

Selfishly… I’m hoping this means my SE will arrive a little sooner than advised.
But then would they prioritise the higher spec Trophy models as they’re potentially more lucrative for MG/SAIC?!

Update for me. Of course I had to call them. Car "still awaiting transport" due for the 23rd. Would be quite nice to show up at rugby training in the new beast after all this time 🤷🏻‍♀️
That's very similar to the latest call I made last week. Feel like offering to hire a transporter and go down to Bristol myself....😉

My Standard range Trophy that was ment to be here 100% last week still isn't here. I am a bit annoyed time is ticking on MOT of my current car and I don't want to be left stranded without a car. I know dealers can't do much about it but I wish they didn't promise deadlines they weren't sure on.

Selfishly… I’m hoping this means my SE will arrive a little sooner than advised.
But then would they prioritise the higher spec Trophy models as they’re potentially more lucrative for MG/SAIC?!
This has been covered in another thread, but basically when MG released the face model, they decided to launch 🚀 with the LR battery model first.
This was to help attract orders from original ZS EV owners who had been asking for more range.
Plus it addressed the competition from the likes of Kona and e.Nero with their 64 packs.
The second wave of cars planned, where to release the SR models to attract a second batch of orders.
Then the chip shortage hit and the follow up orders for customers LR orders where affected.
This is where we are today !.

This has been covered in another thread, but basically when MG released the face model, they decided to launch 🚀 with the LR battery model first.
This was to help attract orders from original ZS EV owners who had been asking for more range.
Plus it addressed the competition from the likes of Kona and e.Nero with their 64 packs.
The second wave of cars planned, where to release the SR models to attract a second batch of orders.
Then the chip shortage hit and the follow up orders for customers LR orders where affected.
This is where we are today !.
Acronym tastic but do you mean SR or SE? I’ve ordered the LR SE. Or MG ZS EV LR SE (snazzy eh)😬

My Standard range Trophy that was ment to be here 100% last week still isn't here. I am a bit annoyed time is ticking on MOT of my current car and I don't want to be left stranded without a car. I know dealers can't do much about it but I wish they didn't promise deadlines they weren't sure on.
I've had exactly this. Arranged everything and paid deposit, now told its unlikely to hit the target. This is the car they told me they had in stock.

Acronym tastic but do you mean SR or SE? I’ve ordered the LR SE. Or MG ZS LR SE (snazzy eh)😬
LR ( Long range ) as the launch 🚀 model.
To be followed quickly by the SR ( Short range ) model.
We are referring to battery size NOT trim levels here.
Trim levels are denoted ( in the U.K. ) by SE / Trophy / Trophy Connect.
In Ireland they are still naming the models as the previous version of the ZS EV.
So, it will be Excite or Exclusive.

Last edited:
contacted my dealer today for an update On my MG5 LR exclusive in team red. Told me it is ‘on sea and I should still be getting in June’. Obviously on a Slow Boat from China.
Annoying when same dealer is advertising 3 new of the same due in soon, described as in transit/preparation.
Friend contacted dealer and asked what the delivery time was on one of the mg5s they were advertising as in transit/preparation, and one appearing to be advertised as in stock.
They were told delivery would be July.
Where are they coming from if they are taking over 4 months to be delivered and they are supposedly already in transit?
Surely this is false advertising.

Friend contacted dealer and asked what the delivery time was on one of the mg5s they were advertising as in transit/preparation, and one appearing to be advertised as in stock.
They were told delivery would be July.
Where are they coming from if they are taking over 4 months to be delivered and they are supposedly already in transit?
Surely this is false advertising.
Click bate !.
They are advertising cars they clearly don’t have on the premises.

Click bate !.
They are advertising cars they clearly don’t have on the premises.
I noticed this at my local dealer in Norwich on their FB page. Needless to say I was a bit miffed! I placed an order for an ICE variant at the end of the October and have been told June. Needless to say I contacted them and asked how they can advertise the same car for immediate delivery if they are still to fulfil their order book.

Probably Iguazu Highway due in to Portbury from Shanghai on 22nd April.
Interesting...I hope it's not the only one on the way. MG doesn't disclose how many cars they've loaded, do they? I'd love to know how many actually came off those last couple of ships.

I'm looking at the new kia Nero 3 as a possibility. I've just sent a email to find what lead times they are working to.
I'm sorely tempted by the new Kia e-Niro...waiting for concrete pricing. I was impressed by their efficiency, but found the current/previous version too ugly. Now they've facelifted it, that'd be my next choice.

The Ora Cat looks promising, but they're not established enough here for me to take the plunge yet (unless the price is crazy good). The Cherry Cat would be closer to suiting my needs anyway, but that may never make it to these shores.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom