MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

My dealer was told by MG any cars ordered without a customers name and details must be removed by April 1st or face penalty's, he said he had ordered 20 evs on the first day order book opened under one name for stock, not sure if true 🤷‍♂️
I was told the same by my dealer they said MG UK actually encouraged it but now fake orders have to be cancelled

Hi All, came across this interesting forum as we have decided to take the decision to purchase our first ever EV and took the l leap with MG (we are both 25 years old so quite young for the whole experience) we had a look at various other competitors such as the EV6 / ID3 / Kona and even the leaf / Zoe but were all out of our budget or the range quoted wasn’t great, the kit you get and range was a no brainier to us, one of the better test drives out of the competitors as well. I’ve seen there is a spreadsheet with shipments of ZS EV 2nd Gen going around so thought I would add my experience so far to add any additional info that I can. hopefully help other guys out whilst doing so. We ordered our ZS EV LR Trophy (not connect) in monument silver from Frasers of Falkirk on 11/03/22. Our paperwork officially stated a delivery date of 31/12/22 however we were assured that they would imagine our date either June or September but are only reviewing and getting information from MG on a monthly basis. We aren’t in a huge rush for the car as we have something else in the meantime but we aren’t too optimistic on even the December date quoted to us now. Seems a huge lottery / luck as to which dealer you have selected, so may the odds ever be in your favour. There is a huge lead time in those competitors as well so we will just take our time in the queue & what will be will be. We are hoping that a 3rd Gen car doesn’t pop up in the meantime as a lot of our friends waited a long time for a car that has now lapsed on to a new gen as their car was delivered. Good luck everyone!

I was told the same by my dealer they said MG UK actually encouraged it but now fake orders have to be cancelled
Good, probably getting too many complaints from people now, I know I have contacted MG UK about the lack of transparency and communication from dealerships and so have a few others on this forum

I ordered Black Trophy LR 1st Dec 2021 (£2500 Grant) at the time the salesman ran his finger down a list of stock orders and and assigned one from the list to us. I believe the dealer had ordered a number of cars in different colours begining of November, so our wait is already 5 months and he is now saying June/July earliest ( 8-9 Months). We have little choice but to wait or pay at least £12000 more for an alternative, but I am watching new battery technology.

DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY Spent 12.5 hrs loading Shanghai had stop in Turkey and currently heading for Greece due Bristol 10th April.
NEPTUNE ACE Spent 36 hrs loading Shanghai currently waiting passage Suez may have stop before arriving Bristol 14th April.
IGUAZU HIGHWAY Spent 25 hrs loading Shanghai but was in japan first currently heading for Aqaba Jordon due Bristol 22nd April.
My dealer advises that there are no EV's on any of these, lets hope he's wrong.

You mean to say…he didn’t say “it wouldn’t be here till June, but it maybe earlier“ I was told March as well, now told May (or earlier) but have a feeling it’ll be June.
I was told he knew in December there would be no cars coming into the country until June/July

I'm not even waiting for a EV just the zs 1.5 petrol in battersea been 5 month . Was told be hear for the 1st march or just after. My dealership have said they have reach there target of selling 80 cars in march. But obviously not mine they also had extra mg5 as was advertising to try and sell before the 31st March.

Hi All, came across this interesting forum as we have decided to take the decision to purchase our first ever EV and took the l leap with MG (we are both 25 years old so quite young for the whole experience) we had a look at various other competitors such as the EV6 / ID3 / Kona and even the leaf / Zoe but were all out of our budget or the range quoted wasn’t great, the kit you get and range was a no brainier to us, one of the better test drives out of the competitors as well. I’ve seen there is a spreadsheet with shipments of ZS EV 2nd Gen going around so thought I would add my experience so far to add any additional info that I can. hopefully help other guys out whilst doing so. We ordered our ZS EV LR Trophy (not connect) in monument silver from Frasers of Falkirk on 11/03/22. Our paperwork officially stated a delivery date of 31/12/22 however we were assured that they would imagine our date either June or September but are only reviewing and getting information from MG on a monthly basis. We aren’t in a huge rush for the car as we have something else in the meantime but we aren’t too optimistic on even the December date quoted to us now. Seems a huge lottery / luck as to which dealer you have selected, so may the odds ever be in your favour. There is a huge lead time in those competitors as well so we will just take our time in the queue & what will be will be. We are hoping that a 3rd Gen car doesn’t pop up in the meantime as a lot of our friends waited a long time for a car that has now lapsed on to a new gen as their car was delivered. Good luck everyone!
Hi there and welcome to the forum and the world of EV driving. You will love it (when it eventually arrives.). Make sure you check out the forum for hints on first time ownership, there are a few helpful apps you can get on your phone. You can familiarise yourself with them whilst you wait. :)

I am beginning to wonder how the imposed lockdowns in Shanghai will have an affect on orders. I guess the silver lining is that 3 boats are already on their way with possible stock on them.

I am beginning to wonder how the imposed lockdowns in Shanghai will have an affect on orders. I guess the silver lining is that 3 boats are already on their way with possible stock on them.
I am sure the dealership's will be all over this to add to their excuse book, along with the sea is too wet and leaves on the road making it too slippy for the transporter 😂😂🤞

Wonder how long they had waited for them?
I'd love to know - two the exact same can't have been a lucky walk in...? Not sure if they're SR.
Maybe it means a few others might get a call to collect soon if cars from the last ships are still being delivered.

Was this an April Fool Friday 1st Pickup.
If not Nathanials seam to be the place to order.
They seem to be the place to go

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom