MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Because hardly any houses in the UK have three-phase, hence it is a virtually redundant option. Here in France, almost every house built before the early 2000's has a three-phase supply, ours included. I believe that it is very similar for Germany and many other EU countries.
This is less and less true, mainly because balancing a 3 phase supply is difficult with low power contract. Many electric appliances are now delivered only as single phase and many house are then modified from 3 to 1 phase, which is much more easy this way than this other side!
Or conversely, if you bring a 11kW 3 phase equipped MG from France to the UK and charge it on a 7kW single phase home charger, it will only be able to use 1 phase at 3.5kW. I think MG have it right - single phase 11kW charger for the UK market and 11kW 3 phase charger for countries that can use it.
This is yet to be confirmed because as far as I know (still waiting my MG...) the 11 kW charger is able to charge at 7,2kW on single phase...

Or conversely, if you bring a 11kW 3 phase equipped MG from France to the UK and charge it on a 7kW single phase home charger, it will only be able to use 1 phase at 3.5kW. I think MG have it right - single phase 11kW charger for the UK market and 11kW 3 phase charger for countries that can use it.
So after discussing on French forum, the 11 kW 3 phases charger is able to charge à 7.2 kW on single phase. it seems electronic will combine 2 internal phases in one single. The 3 phases charger is in fact 3 single phase charger in parallel...

Just heard from my dealer that the mg5 exclusive LR I ordered on 1st November with an estimated delivery if Feb, then march, then April have now told me that it will come out of the factory in April and be delivered in June..... Somehow with all that's going on in the world ( nickel price up tenfold, gas up 6 fold, shipping cost doubled ) I don't actually believe my order will ever be satisfied.....so I'm going out and buying a cheap Clio deseil to get me by for now ( I do have use of wife's Zoe ev too) knowing that before long the supply of deseil will not happen either....still I have been told my deposit will be returned if I cancel my order so that might go towards this winters fuel bill if the car doesn't turn up this year... people might say I should have ordered from a car manufacturer closer to home however the waiting time for a German made ev is 1 year minimum and I think that's also very optimistic since they are already stopping production in German factories to save gas for the pending supply cut from Russia.

P.s. I have a 2016 Tesla model s for sale if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_183537942_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190612_183537942_HDR.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20190611_174845195_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190611_174845195_HDR.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20190612_185750638_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190612_185750638_HDR.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190611_174808117_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190611_174808117_HDR.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20190611_174826620_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190611_174826620_HDR.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20190611_174915482_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190611_174915482_HDR.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 114
I have ordered MG ZS ev long range throphy white 23th March at Bristol Filton branch
Any buddy know how long does to deliver this car to UK ?

I have ordered MG ZS ev long range throphy white 23th March at Bristol Filton branch
Any buddy know how long does to deliver this car to UK ?
Once built it takes about 8 weeks from China to the UK.

It's the final fit of accessories that require chips that is holding them up.

Just heard from my dealer that the mg5 exclusive LR I ordered on 1st November with an estimated delivery if Feb, then march, then April have now told me that it will come out of the factory in April and be delivered in June..... Somehow with all that's going on in the world ( nickel price up tenfold, gas up 6 fold, shipping cost doubled ) I don't actually believe my order will ever be satisfied.....so I'm going out and buying a cheap Clio deseil to get me by for now ( I do have use of wife's Zoe ev too) knowing that before long the supply of deseil will not happen either....still I have been told my deposit will be returned if I cancel my order so that might go towards this winters fuel bill if the car doesn't turn up this year... people might say I should have ordered from a car manufacturer closer to home however the waiting time for a German made ev is 1 year minimum and I think that's also very optimistic since they are already stopping production in German factories to save gas for the pending supply cut from Russia.

P.s. I have a 2016 Tesla model s for sale if anyone is interested.
I need to know.. Why are you getting rid of a perfectly lovely Model S for an MG5?

I think what we have here is well known as doldrums 🙄 it is a shipping term b4 anyone shouts at me 😅 but the lack of ships is frustrating and it is easy To go off topic it's is also easy to make a new thread my hearties 🏴‍☠️🦜

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom