MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Does anybody know how these cars get to Ireland?
My understanding is that if they are coming from the UK then there is an extra Brexit tax so less likely to be that way.
So just wondering, if these boats are stopping at Barcelona, would they be unloading a few cars for European countries\Ireland and then continue on to UK. Then the Irish cars are ferried over from Barcelona to Dublin? I haven't seen a single new ZS in the wild here yet. I ordered in early Jan for April\May but that was then pushed to November so just quietly going insane while I wait like many many others here! 🤪

My car has not been built yet according to MG UK head office. And I ordered on the 13th January.
Hi isn't that the case of MG is making cars in bulk regardless of whether there is an order placed or not? If so how MG UK could tell whether its been built or not.

Hi isn't that the case of MG is making cars in bulk regardless of whether there is an order placed or not? If so how MG UK could tell whether its been built or not.
They don't know. All this my car isn't built yet is twaddle. They batch build, this has been forever discussed on this thread. The main delay is the availability of semi-conductors, Saic have said that they are planning a work around for the UK. For some reason they have said they are going to retrofit them in the UK to speed up deliveries to UK and Europe. Its mainly the Dab radio chip apparently as cars in the UK must have Dab radios or non.
So we shall see!
Any thoughts

Hi Farrells, I spoke to my dealer two days ago and asked him how the cars arrive in Ireland and he assured me that they are shipped directly here and not through the U.K. He also stated that all orders must have a name to them for obvious reasons and that having ordered in Mid Dec (ZS EV LR) the delivery was given as March and then moved to August with no change since. Also agree that no "222" MGs seen in the wild either. Hope this helps.

Hi from Norway. I ordered my MG ZS EV LR LX Blue in January and was told it would arrive in March/April. I still have not got it, and my dealer ain't getting any information when. But, I did see some models coming up, offered for sale this week on the Norwegian site Finn (This is a link to the search if you want to see ) and it seems they have them in stock- My dealer tried to figure out where they came from since he also eagerly waits for them to come. It seems they are imported, but we don't know from where. But anyhow, could this mean that the ship has arrived in Europe?

I ordered a ZS LR Trophy Connect on Dec 1 2021. Order had a delivery estimate of Feb 28. I took this with a pinch of salt, but dared to dream. That date came and went as per many others experience in this forum. The dealer hasn't been great about communication, but when contacted have been honest enough to say they were struggling for definite dates. That was until mid March when they said the car was in the UK, awaiting transport and that we should have it by the end of March. March came and went, got in touch with them and they said they really didn't have a clue when the car would be available. I wrote to MG UK, and got the following reply today. The dealer and MG UK are now telling different stories. Somebody is spinning a line here, either MG or Arnold Clark. Not at all happy.

Thank you for the details and the feedback.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and the current delivery ETA is August I’m afraid, please be advised that this ETA is subject to changes as we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production has been confirmed.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.

However, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.
Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

Kind regards,
MG Call Centre Team
What contact method did you use, Email or their online form, cheers

That was me, got car back last week. No fault found apart from MG need to do a software update so rapid chargers can be used on this model. So sticking to home charger until update available. Lovely car though and no issues since.
Did they say when the update would be available? Just concerned about longer journeys as have family down in Kernow so would need to charge halfway.

Hi Farrells, I spoke to my dealer two days ago and asked him how the cars arrive in Ireland and he assured me that they are shipped directly here and not through the U.K. He also stated that all orders must have a name to them for obvious reasons and that having ordered in Mid Dec (ZS EV LR) the delivery was given as March and then moved to August with no change since. Also agree that no "222" MGs seen in the wild either. Hope this helps.
Thanks for this, helps!
I know I'll feel better once I start seeing them driving around on the roads.

I got the same update from directly MG UK sadly. Disappointed!

And this is regarding Trophy connect, Battersea blue, ordered in end of Dec 2021, originally quoted may22 expected delivery!

Damm... shortage, war and let me add bloody Brexit to it as well if it's part of it too while I am at it lol

In the same boat as you Farrells, pardon the pun, waiting for a LR to Ireland. Not sure what boats deliver here it if they come into Dublin or Cork.

Ordered in Dec for March that turned into May/June. It seems pointless to even ask for an update at this point. Dealer won't know until it's here.

I thought I saw one last week but when I drove past it, it was the older model. Still looked nice!!

In the same boat as you Farrells, pardon the pun, waiting for a LR to Ireland. Not sure what boats deliver here it if they come into Dublin or Cork.

Ordered in Dec for March that turned into May/June. It seems pointless to even ask for an update at this point. Dealer won't know until it's here.

I thought I saw one last week but when I drove past it, it was the older model. Still looked nice!!
Ordered in October now been told August and going back each day model was long range connect

Was parked next to an ZS (petrol, white) and as I walked back to my car the woman in front of me unlocked the car, so I said to her that I’d ordered one of them,but an EV one,ask what she thought of it, to be told it’s a hire car, she liked that she sat up high in it and that was it…we then went off and had mad sex in the back of it…ok, I made the last bit up..😂😂😂

Was parked next to an ZS (petrol, white) and as I walked back to my car the woman in front of me unlocked the car, so I said to her that I’d ordered one of them,but an EV one,ask what she thought of it, to be told it’s a hire car, she liked that she sat up high in it and that was it…we then went off and had mad sex in the back of it…ok, I made the last bit up..😂😂😂
No your not making the last part up, I was that woman. Actually i'm really a man but never mind i think you enjoyed yourself!

My LR Trophy ordered in November is currently on shortage awaiting factory build according to MG UK. So it still hasn’t been fully built? The good price is the only thing that is making me stick with MG.

My LR Trophy ordered in November is currently on shortage awaiting factory build according to MG UK. So it still hasn’t been fully built? The good price is the only thing that is making me stick with MG.
I'm wondering if this awaiting factory build is their term for awaiting semi-conductor installation!

I see a lot of ZS EV reviews on YouTube for it in India, I guess it’s just been released there, hello to you all and welcome to the wait list…

i think if I see another video that tells me that you push to open the charger port and unclick the charger “like this” I think I’ll scream…
From India. Waiting for them to actually start delivering. Ordered Dec 2021.

However in India, the cars are being assembled at a local plant. We are just importing the components. So the timelines will be different as compared to the UK.

'Drive Green Highway' has left Barcelona and next stop is Bristol.
'Neptune Ace' is just off Malta and heading for Barcelona.
'Iguazu Highway' is chugging up the Suez canal heading for a stop in Turkey
Cool how did you ind out the names of these ships, are these owned by SAIC?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom