MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It would have been nice to have had some sort of official statement from MG UK regarding the state of play. The only time you get an official statement from MG UK is if you write to them to find out what is going off. I've never known a company with such poor Customer Relations. Doesn't say a lot for the after care of your vehicle, does it.

Please can someone shed some light on MG ZS petrol orders.

I was told when I ordered my car that it was in stock but in matter of fact it is one that the company had on order (still trying to understand it). I ordered it on the 29th March 2022 thinking that I would have a car in a few weeks based on what was said when told "Have 1 in stock".

Also have seen on the order form that I have an estimated delivery date of 31st August this year but feel that based on what has already been said in this forum that it will be pushed back. I have been now offered a hire car that I have to pay for until it arrives.

I've been reading through pages and pages on this forum and feel sooooooo sorry for everyone that has been waiting. It's a shocker that some people have been waiting since last year.

Sorry if my message sounds confusing. Very concerned at the moment.

I was told when I ordered my car that it was in stock but in matter of fact it is one that the company had on order (still trying to understand it). I ordered it on the 29th March 2022 thinking that I would have a car in a few weeks based on what was said when told "Have 1 in stock".

Also have seen on the order form that I have an estimated delivery date of 31st August this year but feel that based on what has already been said in this forum that it will be pushed back. I have been now offered a hire car that I have to pay for until it arrives.

I've been reading through pages and pages on this forum and feel sooooooo sorry for everyone that has been waiting. It's a shocker that some people have been waiting since last year.

Hi, most on this forum are awaiting an EV which have seen elongated wait times and minimal communication. EVs haven’t really had the luxury of vehicles in stock (aside from a lucky few who got some SR models). If yours was advertised as being in stock and available, you should be challenging your dealer hard as the concept of lead time should be irrelevant.

The polestar is arguably not comparable to the MG
Agreed. We test drove a Mercedes EQA (similar size as ZS) and whilst there were elements which were “nicer”, it certainly didn’t feel worth the extra £15-20k (or, the MG certainly didn’t feel like it was 1/3 cheaper/worse!)

I ordered petrol model on 1st November 2021 2 weeks ago my dealer told me it was on the vessel and due the 8th May. People on forum been saying no EV due for 8 weeks so going on what I have been told I'm presuming vessel arriving the next 3 weeks will be petrol models hope this help

I think you are on the wrong forum. Try this one;

An update from MG UK. I ordered Nov 21

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm it is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production has been confirmed.
The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.
How ever, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.

Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps
Bog standard Letter I received as well

I find it hard to believe that they have stopped dealers from ordering petrol cars considering that they just released their sales figures and for March they took more orders than the whole of 2018

I read this article a few days ago which seems to back up that petrol models are being postponed.

I am in the exact same situation, I put an order through with the Tunbridge Wells MG dealership on 25th of March for a black trophy long range, and they said they had 2x on pre-order and would assign one to me. They said their system is showing an expected delivery date for end of July but every day it gets pushed further back “it hasn’t locked on a date yet” so realistically they said to me could be any time between August and September or even October. I appreciated their honesty and given the fact that other manufacturers are giving a 1yr wait, 6months doesnt sound too bad. However i am increasingly worried going through this forum and this thread in particular which dates back to September of last year with people still not having received their cars, my lease is ending in July and i can informally extend for 6months so I really need it by max December 😬

I find it hard to believe that they have stopped dealers from ordering petrol cars considering that they just released their sales figures and for March they took more orders than the whole of 2018
More than one dealer confirmed it, plus I think Miles might've mentioned it on the last podcast...can't quite remember.

Agreed. We test drove a Mercedes EQA (similar size as ZS) and whilst there were elements which were “nicer”, it certainly didn’t feel worth the extra £15-20k (or, the MG certainly didn’t feel like it was 1/3 cheaper/worse!)
This is exactly why I landed on MG... a few things were 'better' but not a £15k step up better.

DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY
Just docking at portbury
Any spies at Portbury? Does somebody on this forum have a drone? 😄

We ordered ours - trophy connect long range - on 7th Dec 2021. Initially had an expected delivery date late March. This moved to late April. It has just been pushed back to late August

We ordered ours - trophy connect long range - on 7th Dec 2021. Initially had an expected delivery date late March. This moved to late April. It has just been pushed back to late August
I think it would be good to differentiate delivery times between orders placed with MG dealerships and lease companies that are in the UK. As this I believe is leading to misinformation as we don't always get to know if its a UK order, lease or buy. Suspect lease companies.may be having orders put back later than MG dealerships. Just a thought !

What's the ETA for the Polestar?
September. I would say its a reliable eta as the chip issue they suffered from was relating to the fancy pixel lights. polestar resolved the issue by putting standard LED lights and reducing the pack price by £850. would have preferred the pixel lights but meh.
Given the price difference & that it also delivers in the autumn, this was what you truly wanted from the outset?
No. I had looked at them when they first came out but i first look at affordability and it was out of the question so didn't look at it in depth. They didn't even offer pcp at the time either. I am a tesla fanboy and shareholder so wanted a m3. £3000 to insure my mrs on an SR wiped it out as an option.

It's getting fed up with the wait that drew me back to looking at options and eventually PS and couldn't believe they now offered a shorter range version that I could option with the kit I wanted. It's also not much dearer to insure the mrs on it than I'm paying on my leaf. We test drove it twice (comfort is important and it rides a bit hard). The numbers worked in my favour cos of the high trade-in value for the leaf so went for it. Will be paying less than what I'm paying atm on the leaf.

Might still buy the MG to replace the minibus we have. Numbers will be more of a stretch for that though. I still think the MG is a great car, I just couldn't afford to pass up the option of a bit more luxury to fuel the mid-life crisis.

I think it would be good to differentiate delivery times between orders placed with MG dealerships and lease companies that are in the UK. As this I believe is leading to misinformation as we don't always get to know if its a UK order, lease or buy. Suspect lease companies.may be having orders put back later than MG dealerships. Just a thought !
Tallies with my experience. Leasing company know jack, Alphabet won’t talk to me as I’m not the leasing firm & MG won’t talk to me as I’m not the customer.

Can’t go elsewhere, the whole <redacted> situation sucks donkey <redacted>

I ordered petrol model on 1st November 2021 2 weeks ago my dealer told me it was on the vessel and due the 8th May. People on forum been saying no EV due for 8 weeks so going on what I have been told I'm presuming vessel arriving the next 3 weeks will be petrol models hope this help
Thanks for this Kazzy60. I will still keep pestering the dealer as I feel cheated some how. When I thought the car would be with me within weeks when they said it was "in stock".

Hi, most on this forum are awaiting an EV which have seen elongated wait times and minimal communication. EVs haven’t really had the luxury of vehicles in stock (aside from a lucky few who got some SR models). If yours was advertised as being in stock and available, you should be challenging your dealer hard as the concept of lead time should be irrelevant.
Thanks Neilp7865. Don't worry I will be challenging the dealer. I feel cheated. Like I mentioned in my previous post the dealer said the car was "in stock" and was the last one so assumed I would have the car within the next few weeks but most probably won't be the case.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom