MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Got an update of sorts from my dealer today. It's now looking like a late June / early July delivery (originally March). Probably just an estimate though.

I think a good number of people did the same to get their names allocated first, but in terms of system order it'd be November onward, so that'd probably be where the clock officially started ticking. It helps to know that for others like me trying to figure what the lead actually time is (y)
So of the ships that have been guessed at lately, at least one brought MG's of some kind (whether or not they were EVs) that are still being distributed to customers as at current date:

Splendid Ace - docked 30th March '22

Any others??
True..

Attachments

• A0F65043-A99C-4A8C-AEEE-BC5D5BEDBB3B.jpeg
    A0F65043-A99C-4A8C-AEEE-BC5D5BEDBB3B.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 303
I've had a phone call from my MG dealer who said my ZS EV LR will be with them on the 29th May.
Looking back through, the only vehicle carriers I can see leaving Shanghai roughly are:

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

Any clues/hints/ideas which one I should (or shouldn't) be keeping an eye on? Not sure I believe it's on the way!
When did you order? Might give some of us novembites an indication of when we are due ours, I ordered a black trophy lr in November and am getting my "update" tomorrow hopefully, will update yiu all tomorrow on my progress

Spoke to my dealer today in Ireland. He confirmed there is a boat load of MGs landing this month but they don't know yet how many, what kind or who they are for 🤣.

But at least it is a solid sign that they are arriving. Hopefully more come regularly now.
When did you order? I ordered on 05 Jan from Linders in Dublin. Was originally told April but then 2 weeks after the order the delivery date just jumped to November. There was literally no wiggle room from my sales guy, just November! thats it, November. I'm sure im like everyone else here, going slowly insane watching shipping tracking and Im no longer allowed to talk about it at home either. My wife said she would leave me if I mention "the car" one more time so have to do this at night after she's gone to bed!:LOL:

When did you order? I ordered on 05 Jan from Linders in Dublin. Was originally told April but then 2 weeks after the order the delivery date just jumped to November. There was literally no wiggle room from my sales guy, just November! thats it, November. I'm sure im like everyone else here, going slowly insane watching shipping tracking and Im no longer allowed to talk about it at home either. My wife said she would leave me if I mention "the car" one more time so have to do this at night after she's gone to bed!:LOL:
I ordered in Dec, was originally told they had two left for delivery in march. A black and a white so I booked the black.

That March got moved to May. I hadn't contacted again until I saw a post about Frank Keane getting 10 this month. So said I'd better check to be fresh in his mind. That is if the dealer has any say in who gets them.

I'm hoping my trade in will help twist their arm. It will sell in days and they will make a good few grand on it.

It is mad though I never thought I'd ever look up vessel finders now I'm on it 5 times a day 🤣

Txt from Vanarama this morning advising that delivery date of September is now looking unlikely. Blaming it on lockdown in Shanghai. Ordered early December, who knows when it’s going to show up!

This helps explain the situation with factory lockdowns in China....

MG are planning to open a new manufacturing plant in India. I wonder they will export to UK RHD versions from there in future?

MG are planning to open a new manufacturing plant in India. I wonder they will export to UK RHD versions from there in future?

Possible, but that’ll take at least a year to get up to speed & therefore not solve the current delivery problems

So I spoke to my dealer yesterday regards my 31 jan order. It’s now end of august ( the 4 months from enquiry) but also said they had stopped taking anymore orders for the zs ev. He said it was down to the chip shortage. But who knows!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom