MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered in November and my est del is July... so I really don't know what to make of this reason by your dealer...
I ordered in beginning of November, and told by sales man that I don’t have a build code yet, meaning my car isn’t even built.
How can this happen I asked, he says how MG allocated cars, not a happy bunny 😢

I ordered in beginning of November, and told by sales man that I don’t have a build code yet, meaning my car isn’t even built.
There is a podcast on Monday evening, maybe ask Miles if he can shed any light on how MG allocate cars, every dealer has a different story and believe me most are fiction 🤷‍♂️ I am sure there are some good and honest dealers out there, and they are probably totally fed up as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I just got a similar response the other day, I ordered mine at the start of January and been informed it hasn’t been allocate a build date yet and the date has been pushed back until September now, but the dealer did say this is just the way MG allocate cars, he said the dealer always see’s it as “not built” until it gets on the ship and then it changes to “built”. He hopes the date may come forward by a month as he won’t know anything until it’s on the ship

Hello, same as me. Ordered through Tusker in Jan, promised Mid May until last week. Now August. Have a week in Cornwall with 4 of us plus a large dog. My car was sold 2 months ago so have been using wife's FIESTA. Looked at hiring an SUV for the week but it's over £1k!!!!
Try hiring a double cab van lots of room and maybe cheaper

Unavailable build slot is complete bs, MG don't build to build slots.

They do seem to have changed tactics in the last couple of months, restricting orders, re-allocating stock orders to customers. They also seem to have stopped batch building vehicles they can't complete due to a lack of parts.

Batch building allowed them to minimise costs when parts were freely available and they were turning over a smaller number of cars from stock.

Given the changes to the global supply, demand backlogs and economics, I can see them switching to a build slot process for factory orders, but ultimately that will translate to increased pricing.

Show was great, lots of good talks, and plenty of exhibiters. Will definitely go again next year.

Just had to 'like' their Facebook page to get a swag-bag!

Bag contained the hat (which is really good quality actually), a bottle (also good quality), a notepad, 2 pens and a key ring.

MG definitely had the best swag of the day.
Show was great, lots of good talks, and plenty of exhibiters. Will definitely go again next year.

Just had to 'like' their Facebook page to get a swag-bag!

Bag contained the hat (which is really good quality actually), a bottle (also good quality), a notepad, 2 pens and a key ring.

MG definitely had the best swag of the day.
Yes the MG swag bag was the best at the show today, had a nice play in the ZS now the wait for mine to come

Attachments

• tempImageDlGyMv.png
    tempImageDlGyMv.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 153
So I popped into my dealership yesterday (MK) as we were in the area car shopping for my wife and she hadn't yet seen the car I've ordered.
The salesperson I originally dealt with didn't seem to be working and we were spoken to by another person - turns out the guy I bought the car from no longer works there. Apparently he just walked out one day never to be seen again.... My order was just sitting in a pile on his desk waiting to be reallocated.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I was told that the dealership recently had a few ZS EV's shipped in from another dealer who MG are now refusing to work with (bad practices apparently?) and I missed out on a call because mine and other orders hadn't been reallocated to other staff yet!

Irritated much?!

Anyhoo, upshot is my order is estimated to arrive July (was originally May/June).

So I popped into my dealership yesterday (MK) as we were in the area car shopping for my wife and she hadn't yet seen the car I've ordered.
The salesperson I originally dealt with didn't seem to be working and we were spoken to by another person - turns out the guy I bought the car from no longer works there. Apparently he just walked out one day never to be seen again.... My order was just sitting in a pile on his desk waiting to be reallocated.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I was told that the dealership recently had a few ZS EV's shipped in from another dealer who MG are now refusing to work with (bad practices apparently?) and I missed out on a call because mine and other orders hadn't been reallocated to other staff yet!

Irritated much?!

Anyhoo, upshot is my order is estimated to arrive July (was originally May/June).
I assume this was Glyn Hopkin? I ordered there too 😒 Do you remember the first name of the salesperson? As if this is the same guy whom I ordered the car from I better call them 😅

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom