MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Stick in there....Ordered my ZS EV LR in December. Initially told April...changed to June....changed to August. Out the blue on Wednesday my dealer phoned me to say 3 cars had turned up, they weren't expecting them and that one of them was mine...:):):)(y) . Now the proud owner of an MG ZS EV LR in Red. Loving it so far, glad i waited.
Well done. It shows that there is hope!

Think you're being bit optimistic with ID4, it has a 12 month estimated delivery, note estimated... All or at least most car makers in same situation.
Lead times are longer now but colleagues who ordered in November/December have taken delivery. VW had a stock of cars ready for the launch. MG clearly didn't.

Ordered the start of January, my ZS EV Trophy LR is on the sea according to the Dealership (I saw on the order system myself, just to check it was real). Expected delivery is 12th July but hoping for a little earlier. If you are in the area of your dealership I found going in to the store rather than phoning got me much more clarity. Also got ICE HS on order at the same time which has yet to be built.

Last edited:
Ordered the start of January, my ZS EV Trophy LR is on the sea according to the Dealership (I saw on the order system myself, just to check it was real). Expected delivery is 12th July but hoping for a little earlier. If you are in the area of your dealership I found going in to the store rather than phoning got me much more clarity. Also got ICE HS on order at the same time which has yet to be built.
I now have obtained my order number from my dealer. How can I use this to update status? (I ordered last December).

I now have obtained my order number from my dealer. How can I use this to update status? (I ordered last December).
Unfortunately, I didn't physically have access to the system. The salesperson was happy to turn the screen around to show the status on their order dashboard.

we had no communication from our dealership since 10th feb, we ring up and get ran around, we have found out what's going on more from this forum, id have to say without this forum, mg would struggle, as the confidence in the brand and network is getting more and more depleted. the podcasts offer some information, however it does seem by no fault of the podcaster's. what the deliver soon become untrue,

I do sometimes feel the pre order rush was to support mg uk in getting a cut of the production/financial assistance on projected forecasts, but as customers we have paid,

its costing us more the longer it drags on, might be time to draw a line on what seems a substandard marque

If it's the 10-digit reference from MG's central ordering system, then you can quote it in an email and request the status from [email protected] - that's where some of us have gotten our update(s) from.

They do have a phone number too (0203 917 5821), never been of use though.

I ordered ZS LR Trophy beginning of Nov, have spoken to my dealer once a month since original delivery estimate of April, was then pushed back to May, we finally got info that it's on a ship due in on June 16th so fingers crossed but unfortunately I'm away from the 18th June until 25th June so I'm hoping to get a luverly late BDay present when we return 😁👍

we had no communication from our dealership since 10th feb, we ring up and get ran around, we have found out what's going on more from this forum, id have to say without this forum, mg would struggle, as the confidence in the brand and network is getting more and more depleted. the podcasts offer some information, however it does seem by no fault of the podcaster's. what the deliver soon become untrue,

I do sometimes feel the pre order rush was to support mg uk in getting a cut of the production/financial assistance on projected forecasts, but as customers we have paid,

its costing us more the longer it drags on, might be time to draw a line on what seems a substandard marque
Similar situation...haven't had any contact from my dealer that I didn't initiate - have to chase even for a call back. If not for this forum & @Miles Roberts CG invaluable contribution, I'd be clueless on many things. If I ever buy MG again, I know where I'd go.

I ordered ZS LR Trophy beginning of Nov, have spoken to my dealer once a month since original delivery estimate of April, was then pushed back to May, we finally got info that it's on a ship due in on June 16th so fingers crossed but unfortunately I'm away from the 18th June until 25th June so I'm hoping to get a luverly late BDay present when we return 😁👍
This is great news! Fingers crossed it turns up.

• Adriatic Highway - Due in Bristol 25th June. She left Shanghai on the 22nd May after 26hr stopover.
  • Cape Town Highway - Due 30th June (12hrs in Shanghai)
  • Splendid Ace - Due 12th July (24hrs in Shanghai)
Any chance there's another one? Just curious based on post above re a ship due on 16th June.

Similar situation...haven't had any contact from my dealer that I didn't initiate - have to chase even for a call back. If not for this forum & @Miles Roberts CG invaluable contribution, I'd be clueless on many things. If I ever buy MG again, I know where I'd go.

This is great news! Fingers crossed it turns up.

Any chance there's another one? Just curious based on post above re a ship due on 16th June.
It is anticipated delivery to the dealer. The first firm date I was given (once the car was showing as at sea) was 14 June. My car was on the Tranquil Ace (which docked at Portbury on 26 May) and is awaiting transport to the dealership, now expected on 8 June.

It could possibly mean 16th delivery to dealer car could already be in country?
That's true... ship due dates and delivery date seems to be used synonymously in some cases

It is anticipated delivery to the dealer. The first firm date I was given (once the car was showing as at sea) was 14 June. My car was on the Tranquil Ace (which docked at Portbury on 26 May) and is awaiting transport to the dealership, now expected on 8 June.
Thank you! So much clearer, and makes sense. Hope you're looking forward to delivery

That's true... ship due dates and delivery date seems to be used synonymously in some cases

Thank you! So much clearer, and makes sense. Hope you're looking forward to delivery
It's been a long 7 months (ordered 14 November), but, yes, I'm excited now!

Glad to hear that cars are finally coming through for that people who have been waiting the longest.

Had to put 60 pound of diesel in the Passat this morning, god it kills me every time I do I just want that phone call to say it's here and come pick it up

Just received an email from Glynn Hopkin’s my dealer.

I ordered 28th November 2021. Trophy connect Blue LR

Not built yet. 😩😩😩😭😭😭😭😭

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom