MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Has anyone that has taken delivery of a LR Model got a build date in 2022 ???
I very much Doubt it.
I ordered Black Trophy LR Nov 2021 but have now cancelled and taken delivery of
Black Trophy SR build date was Jan 2022.
Mines Long Range SE and I’ve not got a build date but been told off MG UK that it’s booked on a shipment at the end of the month and due in middle of august at the dealership

Build date should be in the paperwork you receive with the car, if or when you pickup
your promised car???

Build date should be in the paperwork you receive with the car, if or when you pickup
your promised car???
My car is through salary sacrifice at work and is going through Hitachi Capital, so don’t have much paperwork to be fair, I just get bi-weekly updates on the estimated delivery date to my house. I got in touch with Hitachi Capital to get my 10 digit order number and then got in touch with MG UK who told me middle of august for delivery to dealership (which is Holdcroft Fleet)

your promised car???
It's an estimated delivery date on the paperwork, and actual build date is separate and confirmed once the car has production slot. That's been my experience at least :unsure:

Edit: I see you mean on collection

If you really want to be fed up - go to www.mg.co.uk then select MG ZS EV. Go down the page until you see stock near you. Press it and see all the SR & LR EV cars available in stock - there are loads of them - got cars in stock in Poole near me. And all this is advertised by MG UK on behalf of their dealers.

If you really want to be fed up - go to www.mg.co.uk then select MG ZS EV. Go down the page until you see stock near you. Press it and see all the SR & LR EV cars available in stock - there are loads of them - got cars in stock in Poole near me. And all this is advertised by MG UK on behalf of their dealers.
I looked at the link and found my dealer saying

" the motor industry being hit with long lead times on new vehicles , MG have managed to weather the storm well and Perrys have brand new ZS EV models on the way."

Which is really annoying as had one on order from Jan 6th and mg UK say it not even built yet😡😠

Hi J,
That is very interesting indeed. Here in Ireland, only ever seen two in the wild and they were coming at 80 Kmh so no way of identifying. I have been following this Forum since March and its a little like M.G. are emulating the E.U. in operation (always kicking the can down the road). The good news is this has to come to an end shortly, as the end of the road appears in August/September, as those two months have been continually specified as delivery dates. Should the cars not appear what is the most likely scenario and response by everybody who has been waiting?

I looked at the link and found my dealer saying

" the motor industry being hit with long lead times on new vehicles , MG have managed to weather the storm well and Perrys have brand new ZS EV models on the way."

Which is really annoying as had one on order from Jan 6th and mg UK say it not even built yet😡😠
Mine was ordered on 5th Jan - my dealer said this week delivery for all his cars are now just TBA. I am stuck because it was ordered through Motability - if I cancel the order, I cannot get another as the MG ZS EV has been removed from the scheme.

Hi J,
That is very interesting indeed. Here in Ireland, only ever seen two in the wild and they were coming at 80 Kmh so no way of identifying. I have been following this Forum since March and its a little like M.G. are emulating the E.U. in operation (always kicking the can down the road). The good news is this has to come to an end shortly, as the end of the road appears in August/September, as those two months have been continually specified as delivery dates. Should the cars not appear what is the most likely scenario and response by everybody who has been waiting?
My dealer has not received one ZS EV long range and has 25 on order including mine. Some of the cars were ordered in November last year. Let’s just hope that cars are now starting to appear now so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Have to travel out to Ireland - Dublin Airport in a few weeks for work. Hire cars are £700 per day and hotels around the Airport are £400 to £500 per night. Could not believe how much the prices have gone up. Was told the hotels are all full of refugees from the Ukraine so very few spare rooms available.

My dealer has not received one ZS EV long range and has 25 on order including mine. Some of the cars were ordered in November last year. Let’s just hope that cars are now starting to appear now so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Have to travel out to Ireland - Dublin Airport in a few weeks for work. Hire cars are £700 per day and hotels around the Airport are £400 to £500 per night. Could not believe how much the prices have gone up. Was told the hotels are all full of refugees from the Ukraine so very few spare rooms available.
Hi J,
Yes that is true about the prices, being gouged big time. Pity anyone who is coming here as a tourist. Up side down and emptied, then put back on the plane/ boat. Welcome to the E.U. lol

A lot of those adverts, even on MG's website are fake and not in stock. E.g. just looked at an MG5 in Bath, photos of real vehicles on the ad but read the description and it says:

"MG have stopped taking new orders for the MG5. We have 1 x MG5 EV LR Excite left on order, that we can put your name against. Delivery within the next 4 months! 2 x Silver also available"

They're not 'available' but must have found away around the penalty system if they are openly advertising it on their website.

Apparently when the order book opens up again there will be a £500 price increase and the sun roof removed from all ZS models.
That's correct, when I had that email from Luscombes yesterday they mentioned that next Q there will be a £500 price rice across the board and the sunroof will be available for a price.

This thread is interesting and depressing all at the same time

I've contacted my lease company regarding my Feb order and have now been told-

"The dealership have come back to me and advised:

Unfortunately it looks like all previous eta's on MG have now been taken off the system and replaced with 'TBA' so at the moment we don't have an eta for this one nor an indication"

Anyone else come across this yet? This is a worrying development, I know that the previous ETA'S weren't worth a 'wotsit' but at least it gave some hope.

This is causing real concern over my current lease and the further costs of needing to hang onto it. I'm definately reconsidering wether waiting for my ZS is worth doing and starting to think about other options
Hi, yes all the car delivery dates at my dealership are also TBA. Only good news is that there does seem to be a few deliveries starting to come through now. Let’s hope that we have some good news soon.

My car is through salary sacrifice at work and is going through Hitachi Capital, so don’t have much paperwork to be fair, I just get bi-weekly updates on the estimated delivery date to my house. I got in touch with Hitachi Capital to get my 10 digit order number and then got in touch with MG UK who told me middle of august for delivery to dealership (which is Holdcroft Fleet)
I have a company car through Hitachi Capital and my long range connect silver has been ordered thru Holdcroft (Stoke).
Ordered mid march and the latest update is delivery end of November

I contacted my dealer on Wednesday to ask for an update on my order and I was told my car was due in next week. the salesman then said he will call me back. he did so to confirm my car was due in but he said it's not the colour I had originally ordered. It was red and they would swallow the extra cost of the paint. I pointed out that I had ordered a silver one so obviously it wasn't my car, it must have been a cancelled order. When i told him I still want one in silver, I was told he would keep my order on the books but can't confirm a delivery date as yet. It's looking like a September delivery for a car that was ordered mid-December 2021..........Not looking good really, so just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes before December as I'm due to re-tax my present vehicle again by then.
Steve 401, I ordered 8th Nov, I’m told September estimated.

As for this £1.5k the dealer should be paying for cars with no names on them, are they just turning round to MG and telling them they are cancelled orders? They are then free to put them up for sale at what ever price, they think they can get..

Been to dealership today to enquire about our ZS Trophy LR ordered in December only to be told it’s not even been given a build slot yet. The salesman said with a bit of luck it may arrive in September. This situation is getting ridiculous especially when we keep hearing about orders from Jan, Feb, March etc are getting their cars.

That's correct, when I had that email from Luscombes yesterday they mentioned that next Q there will be a £500 price rice across the board and the sunroof will be available for a price.
This should not affect our orders from last year, as someone said the other day the longer we wait, the more expensive it is for MG to give us our cars, they really need them off the books and delivered.

I contrast this experience with my order for the steam deck. They had huge issues with chip shortages as well and had to push back delivery dates. But they emailed everyone to say delivery was pushed back. They kept updating on production schedules. All orders were filled in the order they were placed too.

You could track each order for each model, in each region, as they were based on the order timestamp down to the second. They essentially had 9 different products. But you could see what time they were at so you could tell when yours was ready to ship.

It was an 11 month wait but with clear timelines and communication everyone was okay with the wait.

MG on the other hand have pushed back dates over and over, they have said nothing about what is going on, no one has any idea what is being made and when. And there is no rhyme or reason to when deliveries show up. Orders made in Nov are left waiting as orders in March are delivered.

As for this £1.5k the dealer should be paying for cars with no names on them, are they just turning round to MG and telling them they are cancelled orders? They are then free to put them up for sale at what ever price, they think they can get..
No, not all of them are telling MG anything as I showed further back in the thread. If the name on the central order system in the first place was someone at the dealership, then apparently you can 'sell' the car to that person for whatever period, & then just advertise it at over asking price to someone who's happy to be the second registered owner. They get a practically new car without the wait.

For actual genuine customer cancellations, as I understand it they can't just change the name on the order to someone else without risking a fine. I would expect it'd be cancelled altogether unless MG decide otherwise, but I think Miles went over it in the podcast and gave a more accurate view of the process.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom