MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

My only reassurance is that mine is through motability, which means dealers have to supply their orders before normal customers
Really? How does that work...

You might want to read the answer to the final question here:

What iow dealer did you order from? Ordered mine from prem Newport on 12th April and not had any updates yet
I ordered mine from Prems on 7th November, had a call from Dan and he told me that he was contacting southern area manager and see if he can find out any info. My car is still showing as awaiting build slot.

Really? How does that work...

You might want to read the answer to the final question here:

Hi, I can confirm that being a Motability customer makes no difference for priority of orders. Many people have have had delivery of their car before me that ordered after me. I know my dealer has a number of Motability customer orders and not one has been delivered yet.

I’d sent my dealer an e-mail to get a few updates on the fiances as expecting delivery by the end of the month (confirming still 4.9% APR), discuss how much i’d save a month if we changed annual mileage from 15k to 6k. As i’d not had a response I rang and he apologised and said he’d got my e-mail, but not replied. After talking over finances i said, does it show on the system as having landed (call a month ago to say it was listed as at sea, expected at the dealer end of June). He then started to on about how he’d had hardly any deliveries (5) but seeing them trickle in since may but couldn’t say when I’d get mine.

Bless him he’d must have had so many people ringing chasing and e-mailing, he didn’t realise mine was actually showing as at sea and he perked up when I reminded him.

MG seems to have dropped the ball massivley (to put it mildly) but there are some dealers out there who must be having a right shit time of it 😢.

I ordered mine from Prems on 7th November, had a call from Dan and he told me that he was contacting southern area manager and see if he can find out any info. My car is still showing as awaiting build slot.
Hi, my delivery changed to TBA last week. Another member who ordered from prems IOW said that their order on 6th Jan was also TBA. If you have awaiting build slot you may be in better shape than some of us with TBA?

Ordered 2 LR trophies ( blue ) at the start of jan, one has arrived and ready the other in the next week or two.
We ordered a blue LR Trophy in December and haven’t even got a build date yet, this is the sort of thing that gets peoples back up with MG when deliveries are not happening in date order.

We ordered a blue LR Trophy in December and haven’t even got a build date yet, this is the sort of thing that gets peoples back up with MG when deliveries are not happening in date order.
When I ordered my Sr I was told that lr had huge delays

It's not the delays, I can live with delays. it's the stoney silence. And then the random calls saying your car is here.

Maybe is everything was running smoothly this system would be fine as cars would generally be within a few weeks of when they were promised.

But now it's the not knowing.

Just tell us that you have X batches ready, X batches shipping, X batches planned, and your car is in batch Y in Q1,2,34.

So just had a call from MG DARLINGTON telling us our car ordered DECEMBER has been cancelled by MG and our deposit will be returned. I am 🤬 boiling.
If you have a detailed sales note try writing to inform them that you will be purchasing the exact same spec vehicle from another dealer and that you will be sending them an invoice for any difference in price. Then place an order elsewhere, send them a copy of the sale note and confirm that you will be buying against them at this price and to expect your invoice. This should at least start a correspondence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a bit suspect that cars are suddenly being cancelled after the plug in grant has been pulled. I know that when we got ours the dealer had to have the paperwork submitted to secure the grant, could it be the dealer hasn't done this and is now cancelling orders to save the losses?

I ordered mine in November 2021. My dealer NT Shaw of Louth has always kept me in the picture regarding expected delivery. The delay in delivery hasn't really affected me as I already have a 2020 MG ZS EV. However, they informed me a few days ago that my Red Trophy ZS EV long range was in country. Really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

Hopefully in the next few days we will understand what is going on. It could be one of many things. It could even be MG Darlington pulling the plug on MG because like other dealers they have seen no cars delivered when other dealers are getting some. We simply do not know and hopefully the members of the forum who got the news today will get info out of MG UK? I was only talking to my dealer this afternoon and there was no mention of cancellation of orders.
Hopefully another dealer will be able to help out the people who have been cancelled?

I am beginning to think it is only Darlington as no one from elsewhere on this forum has had their orders cancelled. I am gutted.

I ordered car on the 8th December and was told end of March but hopefully sooner. 1st April I was told by dealer “there is no way I told you March as we knew in December, no cars would be delivered until late June”. He obviously didn’t check the order form before he called me! Emailed them on the 11th June, replied 12th telling me it was now Sept/Oct. Phone me 15th June to cancel the order saying MG just could not supply the cars.

Mine was a cash/px sale with the gov grant. It does state on the order form that “All vehicles may be subject to price increase” but nothing about cancellation if not delivered within 3months of initial delivery date.

I also emailed MG on the 11th June and they have not had the decency to reply but I do know that in April my car didn’t have a build date.

Whatever the issue is doesn’t matter, I am without a car that I very much wanted and I am having to start to search again at a time when prices have increased, no gov grant and petrol thru the roof. Yesterday was a very sad day.

When I ordered my Sr I was told that lr had huge delays
Sorry didn’t realise you have ordered SR. I am waiting for LR which are only just starting to emerge. You are one of the people that missed out in May when a considerable number of SR cars were supplied to dealers for stock (All 3 variants of SR in various colours)
It was a shame that small dealers like ours on the Isle of Wight with customers on waiting lists were not given the opportunity to satisfy their order book. This was the exact point that I was making previously.
MG UK claim they are trying to deliver cars according to waiting lists. This proves that they are not. You ordered in April and at the end of May at least 60 SR cars were released to dealers to sell to customers who could walk through the door and collect one without waiting.

I am beginning to think it is only Darlington as no one from elsewhere on this forum has had their orders cancelled. I am gutted.

I ordered car on the 8th December and was told end of March but hopefully sooner. 1st April I was told by dealer “there is no way I told you March as we knew in December, no cars would be delivered until late June”. He obviously didn’t check the order form before he called me! Emailed them on the 11th June, replied 12th telling me it was now Sept/Oct. Phone me 15th June to cancel the order saying MG just could not supply the cars.

Mine was a cash/px sale with the gov grant. It does state on the order form that “All vehicles may be subject to price increase” but nothing about cancellation if not delivered within 3months of initial delivery date.

I also emailed MG on the 11th June and they have not had the decency to reply but I do know that in April my car didn’t have a build date.

Whatever the issue is doesn’t matter, I am without a car that I very much wanted and I am having to start to search again at a time when prices have increased, no gov grant and petrol thru the roof. Yesterday was a very sad day.
I am gutted for you. We can all speculate reasons, but that is simply not going to help you now. I have my fingers crossed that MG UK &/or an alternative dealer can do something for you to sort this mess out.

Sounds a bit suspect that cars are suddenly being cancelled after the plug in grant has been pulled. I know that when we got ours the dealer had to have the paperwork submitted to secure the grant, could it be the dealer hasn't done this and is now cancelling orders to save the losses?
Or are they trousering the grant and then 're-selling' the car???????

Have you checked the small print on the back of the order form as mines hidden in there re their right to cancel.

I presume the dealer can also claim force majeure which allows them to cancel the contract if MG can’t supply the vehicle as the dealer has stated. War in Ukraine and Covid could all be used as reasons to satisfy force majeure and why the contract cannot be performed or it is impracticable to do so. This would then mean you can’t claim the increased cost of the car from them if you order elsewhere as it’s outside their control and they’re not liable for the breach of contract in that case. You may want to speak to the dealer to establish on what grounds in the contract they believe they have the right to cancel.

As I said previously, you can’t have an open ended contract. It must have an end date and the right for both parties to terminate under certain circumstances so the wording will be in the small print somewhere on everyone’s order form.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom