MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered mine in November 2021. My dealer NT Shaw of Louth has always kept me in the picture regarding expected delivery. The delay in delivery hasn't really affected me as I already have a 2020 MG ZS EV. However, they informed me a few days ago that my Red Trophy ZS EV long range was in country. Really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.
What model please did you order

I have been following posts on here regularly and understand peoples frustration.
I ordered LR SE in Battersea Blue on 18th March and have just collected it today from the dealer. There was a sheet from MG in the car to say it was manufactured on 24th March.
I just don’t understand how this happens with longer orders being put back.
I am glad I have received mine, but fully sympathise with people who are still waiting and being messed about…….please don’t hate me 😢😢😢

First they stop taking any new orders; then they cancel existing orders. I wonder if they are scrapping ES production and moving over to the new MG4?

@kewbob if I were in your shoes, I’d be finding the names of someone senior at MG UK and your dealership and writing them a letter. Key point to make here is the product you ordered (now cancelled) is still on sale today and being advertised today.

Overall it’s hard to gauge. On the one hand you’ve got MG Darlington cancelling orders. On the other hand, we’re seeing a (slow) stream of LRs coming through and the fulfilled % on Oakers spreadsheet getting filled.

Although lead times have been getting longer and comms awful, some of the steps taken have been +ve
1) stopping taking yet more orders
2) stopping in inaccurate default rolling 4 month lead time assumption.

I have been following posts on here regularly and understand peoples frustration.
I ordered LR SE in Battersea Blue on 18th March and have just collected it today from the dealer. There was a sheet from MG in the car to say it was manufactured on 24th March.
I just don’t understand how this happens with longer orders being put back.
I am glad I have received mine, but fully sympathise with people who are still waiting and being messed about…….please don’t hate me 😢😢😢
Someone else getting their car is actually nice to read. I'm happy for those that received vehicles, and it's the sharing of pictures & things that reminds me why I ordered it in the first place.

Don't let the current situation impact your enjoyment...MG is to blame for the frustrations.

I am hoping that mine is just going to randomly turn up even though the system still says TBA.
This is exactly what I'm hoping too.

I don't know now whether to put a deposit on another car just in case, rather than wait another 6 months only to have my order cancelled, only to have to start the clock elsewhere at that point. Sod's law if I do, mine will be delivered out of the blue... not to mention no grant now.

Does anyone have an updated list of ships to come in the next few weeks? I am throroughly incompetent when it comes to Vessel Finder.

This is exactly what I'm hoping too.

I don't know now whether to put a deposit on another car just in case, rather than wait another 6 months only to have my order cancelled, only to have to start the clock elsewhere at that point. Sod's law if I do, mine will be delivered out of the blue... not to mention no grant now.

Does anyone have an updated list of ships to come in the next few weeks? I am throroughly incompetent when it comes to Vessel Finder.
The ship chasing doesn't make a great deal of sense. There's no way to know if a car is on a ship for sure. And even if you did, the way MG are allocating stock and dealers are not releasing cars, it makes it impossible to know anything about when it would turn up.

Just had a call from cars2 barnsley telling me cars due in 2 -3 weeks but because the government grant has stopped I'm not eligable for the £2500 ...... I ordered the car back in November...they claim they only apply for the grant once the car is delivered to their site....isn't the grant applied form when the order goes in

The ship chasing doesn't make a great deal of sense. There's no way to know if a car is on a ship for sure. And even if you did, the way MG are allocating stock and dealers are not releasing cars, it makes it impossible to know anything about when it would turn up.
I know, & I've no expectation for mine to be on there but it's still interesting to see what lands and the turnaround times...plus it's on topic :)

Just had a call from cars2 barnsley telling me cars due in 2 -3 weeks but because the government grant has stopped I'm not eligable for the £2500 ...... I ordered the car back in November...they claim they only apply for the grant once the car is delivered to their site....isn't the grant applied form when the order goes in
Maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense... Why didn't they call you about eligibility when the grant dropped to £1.5k?

Looks like this dealership are just allocating stock when vehicles arrive and not ordering for specific clients. One of our members went up to this dealer in the last couple of weeks to collect a car (white LR from memory) that was being sold from stock - no waiting for order. If they had ordered your car properly the grant would have been requested and therefore would be honoured.

Yes it applies when the order is accepted.

They've messed up.

Which is what could have happened at Darlo where they have started cancelling orders. Probably because someone worked out the grants weren't done and they stood to lose a shed load of money.

Looks like this dealership are just allocating stock when vehicles arrive and not ordering for specific clients. One of our members went up to this dealer in the last couple of weeks to collect a car (white LR from memory) that was being sold from stock - no waiting for order. If they had ordered your car properly the grant would have been requested and therefore would be honoured.
Which, if true, makes it even more of a farce as some dealers are obviously refusing to switch stock cars to waiting customers, as clearly they can get stock and sell to anyone!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom