MG ZS EV Won't charge past sixty percent

If MG recommend 100% charging, then why promote 80% for the LR. Just saying…..
I assume you mean Standard Range (SR). To me, allowing the option of other than 100% is not the same as promoting 80%. Certainly, on SR models, the pointer should default to 100%, and 80% on the LR (or other models with an NMC battery chemistry). My apologies if I misunderstood your comment.

Me too. I like to keep charge between 20 and 80% because the first 20% and the last 20% take a lot more power. If MG recommend 100% charging, then why promote 80% for the LR. Just saying…..
Different battery chemistry, the NMC battery in the long range ZS EV recommends that charging to 80% is recommended for day to day usage, then changing to 100% when taking on the longer type trips.
The standard range ZS EV however, is fitted with the LFP battery chemistry, with prefers to be charged to 100% each and every time on a A/C supply.
This is why you are unable to set the charging level down to 80% on the standard range models.
It’s all down to the type of battery you have fitted to your car.
When D/C rapid charging, charging to 80% and then move on is the ideal situation, unless you need ALL of that last 20% of course, but it is going to be slow !.

I assume you mean Standard Range (SR). To me, allowing the option of other than 100% is not the same as promoting 80%. Certainly, on SR models, the pointer should default to 100%, and 80% on the LR (or other models with an NMC battery chemistry). My apologies if I misunderstood your comment.
No I meant long range. You can change it to 80% but on the other hand they allegedly say 100% charge is preferable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom