MG4 - Accessory wishlist

Gem10

Established Member
Reaction score
What accessories would you purchase for your MG4?

I'm not sure if all the accessories will be available at launch, but here are some that I'm considering:

1. Type 2 7A charging cable.
2. Mats - hope they are complimentary!
3. Mud flaps? May cut down spray to the rear window as there is no rear wiper.
4. Interior light as it is likely to be dark in the rear. Stick on rechargeable or connected to the rear USB port. Picture below.
5. V2L adapter. Would be useful if there was a power outage.

Any other suggestions?

Screenshot_20220822-011805_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sunglasses for anyone that has bought an Orange one.
Glasses for anyone that has bought a Black one.
A guide dog for anyone who has bought a blue one ;)
I've seen the blue at the dealership. It's roughly the colour of the "Post reply" button on this forum.

I still want it, as it reminds me of Polestar's "Rebel blue" when they were just Volvo's racey-boi division. I'd also point at Porsche's "Riviera blue" as well.

No labrador required thanks. :cool:

I've seen the blue at the dealership. It's roughly the colour of the "Post reply" button on this forum.

I still want it, as it reminds me of Polestar's "Rebel blue" when they were just Volvo's racey-boi division. I'd also point at Porsche's "Riviera blue" as well.

No labrador required thanks. :cool:
I've been seeing this blue around a lot now that my attention has been drawn to it. It's not an old colour but not new/original. Defo bright. I'm still 50/50. Fingers crossed it will suit the car

I'm not sure if all the accessories will be available at launch, but here are some that I'm considering:

4. Interior light as it is likely to be dark in the rear. Stick on rechargeable or connected to the rear USB port. Picture below.

Any other suggestions?

View attachment 10401
If I recall correctly by the podcast:

1. Type 2 is sold separately (only 3pin supplied)

5. V2l is sold separately something like £150.

I really hope mats are included. Starting to get pricey now (for me) and scanning autotrader I can pick up a 2018 Nissan Leaf Accents for circa £18.

I'm trying to cross reference other cars to benchmark the cost/value relative to like for like cars on the market. £32k is not too far from £36k from a Cupra Born. Which the starts the slippery slope of, well £40k would get me into an Ioniq5...

(Ends up with a mountain of debt and a Porsche Taycan!)

indeed started to look for a aftermarket one to get installed, one that hopefully uses the infotaintment screen, miles might be able to advice us ? :)
Looks like new MG5 uses the same media unit and has a reverse parking camera.
I am hoping someone with the right skills might be able to draw some inspiration retrofit one to Mg4?

Might be a win win here. There seems to be some dashcams on the market that work as a rear view mirror too, here is one example

Agree!

Such a shame the MG4 have done away with the USB port on the rear view mirror mount. Would have made this a lot less messy. That said, as Miles pointed out, could get it professionally wired in to the fuse box. Definitely be a lot less than the £3K (unless you you really like the spoiler and the extra driving aids).

Any other suggestions?

View attachment 10401
Front parking sensors would be top of my list

Just a couple of questions regarding accessories.

Has anyone fitted locking wheel nuts?

Is the boot mat available from MG or any third party sellers?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back