MG4 - Accessory wishlist

Sourcing a correct space saver wheel and jack set won't be a problem at all as soon as the PCD, centre bore, & offset of the wheels are measured, aftermarket space savers are readily available to suit all wheel sizes. You are quite right that It will have to live in a wheel bag in the boot though, which is annoying as the boot isn't huge to start with. There may be scope to turf out the polystyrene insert with the tyre goop kit in it to get a wheel lower though, then refit the floor above it. Might not lose too much space that way. I'll work it out once we get ours as there's just no way I'm driving around with no spare, I can't believe most people are OK with the lack of a spare and the ludicrous inconvenience and use of rescue service resources a simple puncture now causes, how can this be progress?
I agree I don’t like having no spare wheel also, but I don’t see it going under the boot floor as the rear most part of that area is like a tray with the puncture stuff in and a small pump, but in the front off that is a cover underneath which is the motor or inverter, I had a look when I did the test drive and said then theres no chance of a SS in here then, this was on the SE.
Now on the trophy model the floor is duel height so on that you may have a chance I didn’t look in the boot of the trophy so don’t know, but if you do find a way please let us know, the other thing is, this is the only MG model so far that a spare wheel kit is not being offered on as an extra. I wonder why.
Les.

The vehicle to load adapter is £268, and it's just hilarious, it's literally a £25 double RCD socket usually used for outside wall mounting spliced onto a 16A type 2 lead! It's not worth close to half the asking price.

This is the one MG are using: Amazon product ASIN B08CZGKC75
It also requires a different resistor value on the PP pin to tell the car that it is a discharge cable rather than a charging cable. Just in case anyone does try it with a charging lead.
I agree though, massively overpriced.
-Keith

Hi both charging cables and mats supplied as standard at Stoke MG. Picked my MG4 LR Trophy in Volcano Orange yesterday. Different car than the SE that I test drove in my opinion.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back