MG4 Battery Degradation

Percentage that display car may drift.
that because it’s calculated by BMS to kWh in and out from low SOC to 100%
On my Atto 3 60.48 kWh that 4 month not done calibration cycle it displays
13.6%=10 kWh that means 0.735 kWh 1%
That reminds me, when the SoH of my SE SR went up by a 0.25%, I had just done a 7% to 100% plus balancing in one single charge. Although I used to do this quite regularly (every 2 months) before and the SoH never increased.
The logic must be more complicated than initially thought.

That reminds me, when the SoH of my SE SR went up by a 0.25%, I had just done a 7% to 100% plus balancing in one single charge. Although I used to do this quite regularly (every 2 months) before and the SoH never increased.
The logic must be more complicated than initially thought.
I had balancing issues with my car, so every cycle have slightly different remains kWh at 100%
For owner who not using obd2 to look further the fact of lost capacity will be understandable as degradation of battery but there might be also high delta because balancing not done long time and there might be some loss of capacity because of that.
BYD not described in owner manual how battery to be balanced and when balancing starts, take for me some time to understand and adopt my charging habits to that, it’s balanced when charging finished and not need to be connected to EVSE, just should be stationary and powered off.
Not owning charging point so always charged on municipal charging points and after reaching 100% drive away (goodbye balancing).

I don't really understand how it works. I was told my battery is at 100% at the one year check, although I'm not sure if I believe that. I decided to do a <10% to 100% charge at the end of last week and went down to 6% on Friday. However I interrupted the charge three times to go aurora watching, so I don't know if it actually counts.

Nevertheless by the end of it all I had 50 miles more range than I've seen since about August. Which could be entirely down to the fact that we suddenly leaped from winter to summer on Friday. Who knows.

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am revisiting the topic: are you still noticing a loss of 0.01% per day, or has it stopped? I think I have found a way to stop this loss and even to increase the capacity by at least 0.30% at least once a month, which would offset the daily loss.
Do tell more.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel