MG4 Charging Cable

Leaf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Ive heard the MG4 only comes with a £150 13A charger cable and not a £99 type 2 cable that nearly all non rapid chargers come with.

Is this true? My Leaf came with both, and the MG dealer wont supply the Type 2 cable if the car doesnt come with it.

Yes - that’s all I got. MG wanted £240 for the type 2 cable. Get one off Amazon etc instead.

Ive heard the MG4 only comes with a £150 13A charger cable and not a £99 type 2 cable that nearly all non rapid chargers come with.

Is this true? My Leaf came with both, and the MG dealer wont supply the Type 2 cable if the car doesnt come with it.
You can try and negotiate one to be thrown in or if you buy the car on the infinity scheme the car comes with both.

The car comes with a granny charging cable as standard although some dealers have thrown in a type 2 cable in the deal. If the car is leased or through a finance scheme or through motability a type 2 cable is supplied too and often car mats are included.

A type 2 cable is not often needed unless you use 22kWh chargers at supermarkets etc as home chargers and fast DC chargers are tethered.

The car comes with a granny charging cable as standard although some dealers have thrown in a type 2 cable in the deal. If the car is leased or through a finance scheme or through motability a type 2 cable is supplied too and often car mats are included.

A type 2 cable is not often needed unless you use 22kWh chargers at supermarkets etc as home chargers and fast DC chargers are tethered.
6 months, I have never used my Type 2 cable. I thought I would because most of the chargers down here are Type 2, but because I always charge at home I never need to use them. Only rapid chargers or granny at destination so far.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 513 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back