MG4 collection…

Just had a call from my dealer. S/W update required as stated but the link supplied by MG is not working so they are chasing it up. 🤞 done by Monday for my test drive but if not it is driveable but without latest updates

Alan

See if you can find out what it related to Les (is it Les?).
Just had an update, apparently they have installed the latest so
Just had a call from my dealer. S/W update required as stated but the link supplied by MG is not working so they are chasing it up. 🤞 done by Monday for my test drive but if not it is driveable but without latest updates

Alan
Just had an update on my car, latest software and updates now instaled
and car ready for handover, I’m off !!!!

Just had an update, apparently they have installed the latest so

Just had an update on my car, latest software and updates now instaled
and car ready for handover, I’m off !!!!
Please let us know what the update contained? Maybe it was remote camera monitoring, or is that too much to hope for?

52E7A53D-81E1-41B0-8B96-E96A75247246.jpeg

Please let us know what the update contained? Maybe it was remote camera monitoring, or is that too much to hope for?
I understand the update is for the installation of latest version software on the MG4, nothing sinister but apparently all MG4’s have to be updated prior to handover.

Well - it seems the software issues are going to cause a problems for some expecting delivery by end of the September.

My dealer now has the MG4 in the showroom to see in real life (I think it is an allocated car as we were not permitted to sit inside) - no test drive version as yet either.

Just one on show - got the sign off by my Brother-in-Law (a complete petrol head) - so it must have been impressive. I certainly like the look of it.

However - although we were called last week and asked to prepare for delivery this week - Yesterday (annoyingly I had to call for the update on the delivery date) - We have now been told that due to the software 'issue' (I assume the same as @Lespresso mentioned (which delayed his delivery albeit only by a few hours) - ours SE although allocated to us - will not now be available until October - no guidance on when in October - just 'October'.

So @Werneroeder - with the 16 week delay prediction on the update - may be correct!

Has anyone else been given the same news?

My previous BEV has been sold privately - in anticipation - however my Petrol Head Brother-in-Law - has kindly lent me one of his ICE cars... urgh... but needs must.

Well - it seems the software issues are going to cause a problems for some expecting delivery by end of the September.

My dealer now has the MG4 in the showroom to see in real life (I think it is an allocated car as we were not permitted to sit inside) - no test drive version as yet either.

Just one on show - got the sign off by my Brother-in-Law (a complete petrol head) - so it must have been impressive. I certainly like the look of it.

However - although we were called last week and asked to prepare for delivery this week - Yesterday (annoyingly I had to call for the update on the delivery date) - We have now been told that due to the software 'issue' (I assume the same as @Lespresso mentioned (which delayed his delivery albeit only by a few hours) - ours SE although allocated to us - will not now be available until October - no guidance on when in October - just 'October'.

So @Werneroeder - with the 16 week delay prediction on the update - may be correct!

Has anyone else been given the same news?

My previous BEV has been sold privately - in anticipation - however my Petrol Head Brother-in-Law - has kindly lent me one of his ICE cars... urgh... but needs must.
Not sure why it’s delayed till October, how can that be? as you mentioned, mine was done so the software update must be available.
As I understood it, delay was due to problems opening the MG file not the actual update Itself.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel