MG4 doesn’t get warm.

I am having an issue with the ac where it is blowing cool air at 26 and much warmer air at 27 (much warmer than 1 degree) then if I switch back down to 26 it blows much cooler air again.

Does this happen with anyone one else or is it a bigger fault? Honestly the crap software is really making me think about bringing the car back to the dealer and dumping it in front of their gate and getting my money back. I’ve only put 1200km on it. First long drive in it today (275km) and the air con issue, the lka not even working properly on the motorway, auto headlights not coming on during a rain storm where it got dark enough to warrant having the lights on.

The software is an absolute mess.

I am having an issue with the ac where it is blowing cool air at 26 and much warmer air at 27 (much warmer than 1 degree) then if I switch back down to 26 it blows much cooler air again.

Does this happen with anyone one else or is it a bigger fault? Honestly the crap software is really making me think about bringing the car back to the dealer and dumping it in front of their gate and getting my money back. I’ve only put 1200km on it. First long drive in it today (275km) and the air con issue, the lka not even working properly on the motorway, auto headlights not coming on during a rain storm where it got dark enough to warrant having the lights on.

The software is an absolute mess.
I think it depends on the temperature inside the car to begin with. Yesterday it was 10 degrees in my car, so it blew hot air at way less than 26. I live in Norway so I get to test this in a much colder environment. But once it reaches a certain temperature it will adjust itself and blow a bit colder to keep that temperature inside the car.I find 26-27C to be fine if I want 22-23C in real life. Yeah it's silly that you have to set it that high to achieve way less, but I can live with it.

The LKA haven't bothered me much. I don't drive on motorway so it rarely kick in. I have tested it on roads with good markings, and it did honestly do a decent job in my opinion. A little nugde to remind me that I was hitting the middle line.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the temperature inside the car to begin with. Yesterday it was 10 degrees in my car, so it blew hot air at way less than 26. I live in Norway so I get to test this in a much colder environment. But once it reaches a certain temperature it will adjust itself and blow a bit colder to keep that temperature inside the car.I find 26-27C to be fine if I want 22-23C in real life. Yeah it's silly that you have to set it that high to achieve way less, but I can live with it.

The LKA haven't bothered me much. I don't drive on motorway so it rarely kick in. I have tested it on roads with good markings, and it did honestly do a decent job in my opinion. A little nugde to remind me that I was hitting the middle line.
I get that the actual temp of the air blowing out is around 5°c lower than what the screen says but my main issue is that the difference in air temp between 26°c and 27°c is massive. Having it set at 27 it is blowing warm air heating the car up to where it’s too warm, then dropping it a single degree it blows much colder air to where it’s too cool. It doesn’t seem to be able to find a stable temp and keep it there which is what climate control is supposed to do!

Hey

My car today on the app is showing 3 degrees outside (correct) and 14 degrees inside. Been parked overnight so defo not correct.

This is why I think the car blows way cooler than my ID3.

Car is on R33 Trophy Software Version.

Try this thread on that issue.

Do you have any ECO functions on, I found when the car reaches a set temp and it is in an ECO mode, (I think there are at least 3 places where this can be set) it just seems to turn off and blow outside air into the cabin.

There is ECO on the A/C screen
There is ECO driving mode
and there is Energy Saving mode (can't remember which screen that is on)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back