Mg4 ev not charging using ccs

Lucieeeeeeeem

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Have had trouble charging my new MG4ev at Leigh Delamere services on the M4. First long distance trip and it just says there's an issue with my car. Lovely lady at gridserve tried twice to send a charge down but same error message kept appearing. Has anyone else had this issue? Many thanks

Just as a quick update AA couldn't sort out the car. Eventually got to my friend's house at about 5am! The AA were great. Lovely taxi driver and the AA are recovering my car all the way back to Cornwall. Just sorting a hire car now. Thank you for all the support and advice. Much appreciated 🙏

Glad you finally got rescued! What an awful experience.

Do keep in touch. This is not something I have seen any other MG4 owner complaining about.

Google translate app on your phone will translate in real time in when put in conversation mode.

I do speak some German, which is a two-edged sword. Apparently a Scots accent makes one sound much more competent in German than one really is, and the result is that a simply-asked question triggers a torrent of fast German that has me reeling.

I'm thinking more of the actual chargers. There are warm breathing people at petrol stations (well, apart from the automated one in the middle of nowhere somewhere in France where I found myself in a torrential thunderstorm with a flat tyre, a whole other story) but chargers are automated and can be hard enough to read even in English if there is bright sunshine on the screen. Add chargers that won't take ordinary bank cards, und ich bin sehr nervös, wirklich.

Just as a quick update AA couldn't sort out the car. Eventually got to my friend's house at about 5am! The AA were great. Lovely taxi driver and the AA are recovering my car all the way back to Cornwall. Just sorting a hire car now. Thank you for all the support and advice. Much appreciated 🙏
We had a similar problem last month - 200 miles from home and car would not CCS charge at any chargers we tried at a few locations. It repeatedly errored indicating a car fault. Took from 11pm through to 6.30am (with hourly messages saying that the AA local garage was on their way) for someone to come to confirm that I was correct that it is not charging! And that we would need to wait till 9am for someone to come to pick us and the car up to return us home. There was then a 2 week wait for any of the local garages to inspect the car – the outcome of the first day being that they confirmed the we (and the AA) were correct that it does not charge (or an excuse for not even looking at the car as my phone indicated no Car alarm/warning triggers during that day)! Then a further 2 days claimed due to them needing advice from elsewhere (as its a new model - well an MG4 Trophy). This all happened just 3 days after it being at MG for an infosystem update (also a 2 week wait at the time) due to the infosystem repeatedly crashing, flicking between screens and being unresponsive – plenty of other threads about that issue which required an MG service centre software update.

We had a similar problem last month - 200 miles from home and car would not CCS charge at any chargers we tried at a few locations. It repeatedly errored indicating a car fault. Took from 11pm through to 6.30am (with hourly messages saying that the AA local garage was on their way) for someone to come to confirm that I was correct that it is not charging! And that we would need to wait till 9am for someone to come to pick us and the car up to return us home. There was then a 2 week wait for any of the local garages to inspect the car – the outcome of the first day being that they confirmed the we (and the AA) were correct that it does not charge (or an excuse for not even looking at the car as my phone indicated no Car alarm/warning triggers during that day)! Then a further 2 days claimed due to them needing advice from elsewhere (as its a new model - well an MG4 Trophy). This all happened just 3 days after it being at MG for an infosystem update (also a 2 week wait at the time) due to the infosystem repeatedly crashing, flicking between screens and being unresponsive – plenty of other threads about that issue which required an MG service centre software update.
So how did you sort this out? I'm having same issue and I bet my ass this started after a software update, thinking of it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back