MG4 First EV & Advice

Question guys - how do you change the favourites button to map to the regen & modes for the car? I’m sure it’s been mentioned on reviews this can be done but how?

Do you have the Trophy model? The SE model restricts the features that can be mapped to the shortcut buttons.
Yeah I have the SE model / thought seems really odd that they would restrict that button dependent on spec - it’s a software feature. Seems such an odd decision…

Yeah I have the SE model / thought seems really odd that they would restrict that button dependent on spec - it’s a software feature. Seems such an odd decision…
It is the modern way sadly, if they were more cutting edge with the software you would be able to pay to access additional features. I think BMW has been trying this?

It is the modern way sadly, if they were more cutting edge with the software you would be able to pay to access additional features. I think BMW has been trying this?

Morning!

Im kind of frustrated with the approach MG have taken with this - it’s a feature that’s available to change through software so It is frustrating that it’s making things more difficult than expected and needs to be… at least BMW had a feature unlock.

Lots of features are dependent on spec, you paid less, you have less features, you pay more, you get more features. MG do not do options, what you see and pay for is what you get.

Lots of features are dependent on spec, you paid less, you have less features, you pay more, you get more features. MG do not do options, what you see and pay for is what you get.
It’s not something that’s stated as a difference in the comparison though that I have seen? I’m happy to be corrected that some of the favourite buttons are locked in the system between SE & trophy - something software based that would be useful if it could be an option or even just given considering the capability is already there within the hardware and software. Considering I can still switch between the modes it’s fine I can deal with it & it’s still not a deal braking decision tor me overall. but safety wise it seems such a bad omission… maybe NCAP should take in to account ease of infotainment etc now as well. Again for me it’s just an “odd” omission.

I still love the car and the system but overarching consensus trophy or SE is that the system doesn’t remember your driving options for eco, normal sport etc… again these are issues that can be fixed and adjusted through software…. My point was more of a gripe than a this is essential & seems strategically an odd idea… I get the heated seats and bigger things BMW & Tesla do because they exist already in the car - but things like this that are basically small driver aids seems really inconsequential to just encompass.

To be fair (though I don't yet have one, and have never yet driven an EV either) ... if I get an MG4 it'll probably be the SE SR, and I'd probably leave the mode on Normal and Regen 3. So not having those features mapped to the buttons wouldn't be an issue for me.

Ease of access/use of AC, media and cruise are more important for me.

To be fair (though I don't yet have one, and have never yet driven an EV either) ... if I get an MG4 it'll probably be the SE SR, and I'd probably leave the mode on Normal and Regen 3. So not having those features mapped to the buttons wouldn't be an issue for me.

Ease of access/use of AC, media and cruise are more important for me.
Oh yeah agreed, in actual fact on reflection how much would it actually require adjusting!

Had an auto hold error today - drove around for a few miles and seems to have sorted itself out - says to consult manual which doesn’t say anything specifically… I’ll keep an eye on it and update accordingly

You will find you get "blips" on these newer ev's due to the level of electronic control s/w. Some will vanish by just driving, some will be GPS or sim signal loss which will eventually reconnect others are a mystery that comes and goes until a manufacturers s/w update is announced that clears that "feature"....the brave new world...consider it like android, Windows etal always a bug, always a new version that solves one but brings another "feature"....the software treadmill.

My existing EV has had such features and ever week a new one is uncovered such as strange beeps, tsr not recognising speed limits or selecting the wrong one at a slip road, etc.etc.

Alan

You will find you get "blips" on these newer ev's due to the level of electronic control s/w. Some will vanish by just driving, some will be GPS or sim signal loss which will eventually reconnect others are a mystery that comes and goes until a manufacturers s/w update is announced that clears that "feature"....the brave new world...consider it like android, Windows etal always a bug, always a new version that solves one but brings another "feature"....the software treadmill.

My existing EV has had such features and ever week a new one is uncovered such as strange beeps, tsr not recognising speed limits or selecting the wrong one at a slip road, etc.etc.

Alan
Oh yeah I’ve had a few of these pop up so far, just small blips hopefully all software based. All learning curves interesting to figure it all out!

Had a 30 mile round trip Edinburgh today and had quite a few looks at the black MG! When I charged I bumped into an E-Niro owner who thought the car looked spectacular!! Not sure that is anything to go by though ;) haha!

Oh yeah I’ve had a few of these pop up so far, just small blips hopefully all software based. All learning curves interesting to figure it all out!

Had a 30 mile round trip Edinburgh today and had quite a few looks at the black MG! When I charged I bumped into an E-Niro owner who thought the car looked spectacular!! Not sure that is anything to go by though ;) haha!

Us lowlanders must have a meet up when will have our shiny new wheels to share experiences over a cuppa🍮🧁

Alan

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel