• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 first pictures

More specs according to the German site:

• 4.29m long, 1.84m wide, 1.52m high, 2.705m wheelbase
  • 2 battery sizes 51 and 64 kWh, 400 and 600km range. The numbers seem dubious as the ID3 can't even achieve 600km with 77kWh battery.
  • Starting at 28500 Euro so probably £30k+ here.
  • Most surprising bit: UK available from Q4 2022, rest of EU after. Again highly suspect.

I suspect the 64 kwh will actually deliver a similar range to the LR ZS (270 miles). 10% reduction in capacity offset with better efficiency than the ZS

More specs according to the German site:

• 4.29m long, 1.84m wide, 1.52m high, 2.705m wheelbase
  • 2 battery sizes 51 and 64 kWh, 400 and 600km range. The numbers seem dubious as the ID3 can't even achieve 600km with 77kWh battery.
  • Starting at 28500 Euro so probably £30k+ here.
  • Most surprising bit: UK available from Q4 2022, rest of EU after. Again highly suspect.
Think it will be closer to £28k upwards in the UK....

It's such a shame they're making another 30k car. We need a 20k EV for more people to buy. I think a better move would be release an MG3 or an equivalent Zoe competitor.

Get everyone's buying them which increases the MG popularity and then release others. People will go with MG if it delivers a small affordable EV, I can see most people sticking with a leaf and ID3 for this price range.

If a family bought an small 20k EV and liked it as their commuting runaround car, if it delivers then they're much more likely to buy their big family car next from them as they trust the Chinese make.

Personally I had no idea MG was still around until I started googling EV estate cars and found the MG5 which was cheap at the time with the grant and affinity.

Considering an ICE Ford Fiesta starts at £18k I don’t think we’ll see a £20k supermini BEV. Corsa-e starts at £27k so £25k (10% undercut) probably realistic

MG4-Electric-1.jpg
Battery-MG4-Electric.jpg
MG4-Electric-2.jpg
MG4-Electric-interior-1.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-1.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-2.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-3.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-4.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-5.jpg
MG4-Electric-test-drive-6.jpg

I'm not keen at all on that indented rear spoiler, but I like the rest of the styling. To a degree I think both this and the MG5 refresh look more modern than the facelift ZS - especially on the inside.

Love the little bit we can see of the interior... If that black cloth is of a good quality, I'd much rather have had that as an option on the current cars rather than pleather.

How they price this is going to be interesting.

The EV platform looks interesting. Are you able to tell us anything further about this at all Miles? I am looking forward to the ZS replacement on this platform.

I bought my MG5 SR for 21k for an exclusive, so the excite would have been about 19k. So yes I guess so, why not?
How much grant did you get and allow for rising component and transport prices as well ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back