MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

Demos on track for mid Sept.

The allocation for first customer batches will depend on whether they decide to give dealers 1 demo or 2 (ie 1 for showroom, 1 for demo). I expect we’ll get more information later this month.
Following a very similar delivery pattern as previous models then.
Top spec models are likely to be favoured for the first wave / batch of cars as well, I think.

@Miles Roberts CG I noticed that James ( of James & Kate fame ) has ordered a MG4.
He mentioned it in his latest video, when he returned / delivered the new Nissan EV back to the Burley branch.
Yes, he's placed a deposit with Andy at our Burnley MG branch. He's wanting a White LR Trophy.

Yes, he's placed a deposit with Andy at our Burnley MG branch. He's wanting a White LR Trophy.
Looks like the model 3 is getting its P45 Miles, he should get a good return on it.
Residuals are extremely high at the moment.
He has never been 100% with that car, but Kate loves it.
James absolutely loves his MG5 work horse.
What do you think of the Nissan ?.
Don’t worry, not considering one.
More than happy with my ZS Trophy LR from Burley !.
Would an MG4 work for your family Miles ?.

Looks like the model 3 is getting its P45 Miles, he should get a good return on it.
Residuals are extremely high at the moment.
He has never been 100% with that car, but Kate loves it.
James absolutely loves his MG5 work horse.
What do you think of the Nissan ?.
Don’t worry, not considering one.
More than happy with my ZS Trophy LR from Burley !.
Would an MG4 work for your family Miles ?.
I ordered an Ariya as my next company car, same colour/spec as the one James borrowed from us. But, if I'm very honest, if it was my own money - I'd be having the MG4.

I may yet switch to the MG4 anyway, as the Ariya is a bit too big for just me 90% of the time. Will see if we have any spare MG4 (as in, if we get sent 2 demonstrators or 1!).

I ordered an Ariya as my next company car, same colour/spec as the one James borrowed from us. But, if I'm very honest, if it was my own money - I'd be having the MG4.

I may yet switch to the MG4 anyway, as the Ariya is a bit too big for just me 90% of the time. Will see if we have any spare MG4 (as in, if we get sent 2 demonstrators or 1!).
Thanks Miles for that !.
Interesting that James did like the car, but thought that the higher spec model with the bigger battery, that the price point was a “Bit too Rich” for him, as he puts it.
A lot of other EV competition at that level.
James likes his white cars !.
MG4 and a MG5 both finished in white, nice !.
Be looking forward to both of your reviews on the MG4.
It’s clearly aimed to challenge/ lock horns with the VW ID3 that’s for sure.
I actually think it will do very well indeed.

Last edited:
Does the MG4 have front parking sensors? From the pictures couldn't see any.

I was wondering this, images on the MG site seem to show front sensors on the car but it’s not listed in the specs.

Would seem bizarre to have a 360 camera but not front parking sensors.

I'm keen to put a deposit on a SE LR. Spoke to my local dealer (Glyn Hopkin in East London) but they said they're not taking deposits and to wait for launch. Spoke to another in St Albans - same story. Then one in Chelmsford were taking deposits but wanted £1000! The variability is disconcerting.

I wrote this in another thread about the MG4 the thread entitled Lastest on MG4 at #12 in July and I still stand by it

my guess is the car we got pictures of the other day from the dealers launch will be on display at the British motor show at Farmborough 18/21 August,

So I would bet Thursday/ Friday we should have lots more answers to lots of the question and I bet next week the order book will opened anyhow that’s what I think I don’t see MG missing the chance of Launching a new vehicle for the UK market at the British motor show be mad too.
Les

Last edited:
I wrote this in another thread about the MG4 the thread entitled Lastest on MG4 at #12 in July and I still stand by it

my guess is the car we got pictures of the other day from the dealers launch will be on display at the British motor show at Farmborough 18/21 August,

So I would Thursday/ Friday we should have lots more answers to lots of the question and I bet next week the order book will opened anyhow that’s what I think I don’t see MG missing the chance of Launching a new vehicle for the UK market at the British motor show be mad too.
Les
Can’t attend, but hopefully, like you say, Les, there’s more pictures and information coming from that.

So I would bet Thursday/ Friday we should have lots more answers to lots of the question and I bet next week the order book will opened anyhow that’s what I think I don’t see MG missing the chance of Launching a new vehicle for the UK market at the British motor show be mad too.
Les
If it was at the NEC like in the old days, I would've gone to "stand in front of it", as Mike Brewer says.
I've been to Farnborough for the last 2 "Fully Charged Live" shows, but it's just too far South for a day trip from N Wales!

If it was at the NEC like in the old days, I would've gone to "stand in front of it", as Mike Brewer says.
I've been to Farnborough for the last 2 "Fully Charged Live" shows, but it's just too far South for a day trip from N Wales!
I agree !.
In a younger life, I drove from North Wales to Farnborough to watch the air show, great day out.
Returned home in the same day !.
I think it was not far short of 500 miles.
Too old for that caper now.

Last edited:
In reply to FAQ:
  1. Can it have roof bars fitted? If so, what loading? - No
  2. Tow bar nose weight limit? – 50 kg (500kg tow capacity)
  3. Front parking sensors, or just rear? On both specs? – Just rear on all models
  4. Reversing camera on SE, or just 360 camera on Trophy? – 360 only on Trophy
  5. Is there a USB socket in the rear-view mirror location, as per ZS EV MCE? - No

In reply to FAQ:
  1. Can it have roof bars fitted? If so, what loading? - No
  2. Tow bar nose weight limit? – 50 kg (500kg tow capacity)
  3. Front parking sensors, or just rear? On both specs? – Just rear on all models
  4. Reversing camera on SE, or just 360 camera on Trophy? – 360 only on Trophy
  5. Is there a USB socket in the rear-view mirror location, as per ZS EV MCE? - No
Such a shame that I car like this is let down by the missing spec.

No front sensors is a shame but no roof load is a deal breaker for me.

I agree !.
In a younger life, I drove from North Wales to Farnborough to watch the air show, great day out.
Returned home in the same day !.
I think it was not far short of 500 miles.
Too old for that caper now.
It doesn't help that there are yet more train strikes this weekend too.

Such a shame that I car like this is let down by the missing spec.

No front sensors is a shame but no roof load is a deal breaker for me.
While no roof bars isn't a deal breaker for me, I have used them very occaisionally on the ZS. Can "universal" bars be used when a car hasn't been given a rating?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back