MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

Big disappointment and a bad move in my book. MG should be there.
Les
To be fair, the British Motor Show isn't the event it once was. It seems to be more of an enthusiasts event these days, rather than a motor show of the Paris/Frankfurt ilk.

To be fair, the British Motor Show isn't the event it once was. It seems to be more of an enthusiasts event these days, rather than a motor show of the Paris/Frankfurt ilk.
Agreed it’s not what it was, but to be fair Miles, they SAIC/MG are bringing a new car to the UK first, not to France or Germany as far as I know Miles, so they should be there after all there’s not much else left other than fully charged its very disappointing I think.
Les

Agreed it’s not what it was, but to be fair Miles, they SAIC/MG are bringing a new car to the UK first, not to France or Germany as far as I know Miles, so they should be there after all there’s not much else left other than fully charged its very disappointing I think.
Les
Don't personally think it is MG's job to prop up a car show. The car show organisers need to make it attractive/worthwhile to manufacturers to attend

I'm keen to put a deposit on a SE LR. Spoke to my local dealer (Glyn Hopkin in East London) but they said they're not taking deposits and to wait for launch. Spoke to another in St Albans - same story. Then one in Chelmsford were taking deposits but wanted £1000! The variability is disconcerting.
I've manage to put down a reservation today. But I had to almost argue for it! I was also pushed to place £1000 order. I'm guessing that if people have ordered that maybe it would top trump any reservation?

Either way it became apparent that not every dealer is equal. So with that in mind how does one know they'll get long/good service? Especially when some dealers stock so many other marques?

Hopefully I can take receipt this year. Was looking at a Cupra Born (which I still prefer looks wise) but they're quoting late 2023 to fulfil an order! Madness.

Assuming BYD and NIO start to come to the UK it would be super annoying to have an order in progress to see something drop that is newer and maybe cheaper!

I've manage to put down a reservation today. But I had to almost argue for it! I was also pushed to place £1000 order. I'm guessing that if people have ordered that maybe it would top trump any reservation?

Either way it became apparent that not every dealer is equal. So with that in mind how does one know they'll get long/good service? Especially when some dealers stock so many other marques?

Hopefully I can take receipt this year. Was looking at a Cupra Born (which I still prefer looks wise) but they're quoting late 2023 to fulfil an order! Madness.

Assuming BYD and NIO start to come to the UK it would be super annoying to have an order in progress to see something drop that is newer and maybe cheaper!
You can have any MG dealer service the car, so no need to worry how good the selling dealer is beyond actually getting you the car.

You can have any MG dealer service the car, so no need to worry how good the selling dealer is beyond actually getting you the car.
Thanks. That's reassuring. Although the selling part in and of itself seems a little bit variable between franchises.

I've been overdosing on MG4 content but the Xinhua video from the shipping port seems to be the best one for real worl visuals (although the colours seem a little blown out).

Now to decide which colour... They all seem pretty good!

Only thing I'm disappointed is not getting the wheels on the image below and the panoramic roof.

2022-mg-mulan-hatch-green-1001x565-(1).jpeg

I guess as others have alluded to, perhaps it's a future AWD version. Reading some of the stories on here of people selling for more has made me pull the trigger rather then wait for something that might not come. If it does, hopefully I'll be able to chop it in!

Fingers crossed my dealership actually comes through on the ordering front!

I believe they are running over a few days.
How come you never received an invite this time Miles ?.
That’s a bit mean & spiteful 😞 !.
I remember you had one to the ZS EV Gen 1 launch in London ( I think it was ) back in 2019 ?.
Did James ( James & Kate ) get one this year do you know ?.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back