MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

You would if you were in the middle of nowhere with 11 miles left :-/

But really to put something on a car that reduces range unnecessarily is a bit silly wouldn't you agree?

If I was selling something that cost more money and was a higher spec I would design it so that it gave you more not less of everything if possible. There's no reason to put a silly spoiler on apart from aesthetics, but you could put a spoiler on that helps the efficiency not hinder it. I prefer the cupra bourne spoiler as it is on most cars.
Some people including myself prefer aesthetics than 11 miles. I've always modified my cars at the expense of mpg, life would be boring if anything was so sterile

Indeed it would be, I’m on of those boring people that prefer cost over style, SA la vie My friend 😊

I think it better if we agree to disagree. If you like the package that the Trophy represents at the premium MG charges then I hope that you manage to get one soon. Suffice to say that I'll not be seeking to retrofit one to my SE when that arrives.

I wasn’t talking about the difference in the two trim levels, just the range.

People shouldn’t be misled into thinking there will be an actual difference of more than 11 miles as you suggested above. All of the evidence we have from other EVs is that WLTP is over exaggerated and therefore real world would be more like 5-6 miles from 100%-0%.

The difference in range when comparing the SE long range and Trophy should be right at the bottom of any comparison.

5 miles - 11 miles …… I mean really !.
Yeah it can make a difference when you are struggling to find a charge, but honestly, if you did need that extra 5 miles of extra range to get you there, then you never did your homework properly in the first place.
At this point you are likely to be in “Turtle Mode” or pushing the car regardless 🤣.
Spoiler or no spoiler and gain an extra 5 ( ish ) miles of range …….. ??????.
We are really splitting hairs here I feel.
If I liked the look of the spoiler on the car, then the small loss in range would not bother me one bit !.
I choose to carry a heavy spare wheel in the boot of my car at all times, if I ditched the extra weight, I may increase the range slightly.
But I have sacrificed any range gains to have the convenience of having a spare over the inflation kit, that is practically useless.
Horses for course folks !.

Honestly guys, does anybody really give a dam about an 11 miles difference in range 11 miles that’s all for what ever the reason might be I ask you.😤🤮
Les
I think also, in the real-world, the difference will be well below 11 miles and even less significant as other posters have mentioned. We all know WLTP figures do not reflect real-world range for EV's or ICE vehicles.

I think also, in the real-world, the difference will be well below 11 miles and even less significant as other posters have mentioned. We all know WLTP figures do not reflect real-world range for EV's or ICE vehicles.
Or more than 11 miles😉

Consensus seems to be 3rd or 4th week of September. I was told dealer staff are having training from w/c 19th Sept.

Ask nicely and dealership may give some or all of matts, mudflaps, V2L cable. No doubt there's no deposit dealer contribution but always something to sweeten the deal. I will certainly be getting something ;)
I asked nicely when ordering mine yesterday, mats have cost me £99, the original package was £250 for mats and type 2 cable, I declined the cable... cash buyer as well so no deposit dealer contribution either. I just hope it arrives soon

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back