MG4 instead of an ID3

They get swipy controls, we get thumbsticks, like on a playstation or xbox.
Most reviews mentions changing temperature or radio volume when they turn a corner. No thanks. Add in no physical buttons under the screen and the touch sensitive ones that are there aren't backlit so you can't find them at night. Swear whoever they're allowing to design the driver parts of the cabin has never driven a car.

Pity, as the Born in that blue with the copper accents is a really nice looking car, although still a lot more than the Trophy and with less kit, although the glass roof would be a nice option (are you listening MG?)

It also makes you wonder if they ever watch any of the better quality reviews or take any heed of them whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen any applaud the disappearance of appropriate physical buttons and switches for the usual functions, or the ability to actually find them in the dark.

Therefore you have to deduce that they are actually fully aware of the issues and make a conscious decision to ignore the preferences of customers to improve or maintain their profit margins.

I can't help wondering about how the 'switch on' sensor in the 4's driver's seat is going to endure the constant movements on it over a period of time (assuming it's some sort of pressure sensitive switch, but I have no idea how it works).

One other thing that nags away at me is the realisation that when I'm out and about I often see cars that I now view as plug ugly but can't reconcile the fact that when they first came out I thought they were great looking cars, and I can't help looking at the 4 and wondering..... Stupid, I know.

I can't help wondering about how the 'switch on' sensor in the 4's driver's seat is going to endure the constant movements on it over a period of time (assuming it's some sort of pressure sensitive switch, but I have no idea how it works).
They probably use the seatbelt warning switch.

What's the IR unit on top of the steering column for?
Good spot, I hadn't noticed that.

1663665593080.png

Maybe a stupid question but does it need a sensor?
The way I understand it is that you get in the car, foot on the brake, put the car into drive and then off you go. The only difference between that and my ZS EV is that I have to press a button and then wait until the system fires up.

If you have the key it'll go.

Tesla, using a phone, is simply that it knows you are in the car, brake - hit reverse and go. If you don't use your phone as a key then you have to put the key(card) on the sensor bit first then go.

A start button seems pointless for an EV (to me).

I'd like to be able to switch off the car whilst I have a snooze in it on a long journey..

I'd like to be able to switch off the car whilst I have a snooze in it on a long journey..
there is an option of turning the car off in the menu. the facebook group has a post from a driver in the ship drop of place, that quickly shows how to turn it of that way, since they had several of the cars being on the whole night, he claimed it is the only way to turn it of :p Others asked him if the keys was still in the car, which they were.

Just a quick update, we are test driving the car Oct 1st.
It will be interesting comparing it to the ID3.
As other people here have pointed out the haptic feedback buttons on the steering wheel are bad. Such a dreadful design decision.
Mind you as we test drove the ID3 last Oct I imagine we will struggle to remember what it was like 😂

Well our VW dealership contacted us today to say that our November build was now delayed until March 23…..
So we have cancelled the order after nearly over a year of lies .
Even with recent world events I’m not sure the car would ever be built !
So now we are definitely going to order a MG4 , test drive booked so hopefully we won’t end up in another long queue for a car !!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back