MG4 instead of an ID3

Andy66

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
After waiting nearly over a year and losing the government grant for an ID3 we have decided to go for the MG4.
It's been a nightmare getting the ID3, ordered Oct 2021 and our Family Pro Performance is now being made in November, I believe that when we see it!
Only good thing is that we bought it for £28k with the government grant discount and even with the grant being taken off the car is now worth up to £40k as they don't offer this model anymore. They are just trying to build it for orders that have a deposit.So VW have offered to buy it off us when it comes so we are going to make some money out of this mess!
Whats the chances of us being stuck waiting for an Ev for another year!
After watching reviews on the MG4 this car is more what we wont and the price is a far more competitive price.

So there are 1000 cars in the first batch, I'd imagine most are now allocated to owners/dealer demo.

The second batch of a thousand arrives at the end of the week in Bristol.

There is a good chance that a MG4 will be available for you prior to the ID.3 being delivered!
Excellent. Talking to sales tomorrow.

Excellent. Talking to sales tomorrow.

Not sure if you've seen this thread:
If your preferred dealer can't help, ringing around you might be lucky and find that one or two who haven't completely allocated their initial stock.

Not sure if you've seen this thread:
If your preferred dealer can't help, ringing around you might be lucky and find that one or two who haven't completely allocated their initial stock.
My local dealership has contacted us and it looks like they can help us ordering a car.
So fingers crossed we can get one ordered.
I have to say they have been a lot more professional than VW.

Yes my dealer has told me he is getting 4 MG4 next week. 2 are for show rooms and test drive. There is one SR se and Trophy LR both in white. My order for the Trophy has been excepted and deposit excepted

After waiting nearly over a year and losing the government grant for an ID3 we have decided to go for the MG4.
It's been a nightmare getting the ID3, ordered Oct 2021 and our Family Pro Performance is now being made in November, I believe that when we see it!
Only good thing is that we bought it for £28k with the government grant discount and even with the grant being taken off the car is now worth up to £40k as they don't offer this model anymore. They are just trying to build it for orders that have a deposit.So VW have offered to buy it off us when it comes so we are going to make some money out of this mess!
After watching reviews on the MG4 this car is more what we wont and the price is a far more competitive price.
You had better believe it

Yes my dealer has told me he is getting 4 MG4 next week. 2 are for show rooms and test drive. There is one SR se and Trophy LR both in white. My order for the Trophy has been excepted and deposit excepted
Nice one.

Pedant alert, unless you are the exception to the rule I think you meant accepted. Sorry.

Good decision, good choice.👍

MG 4 is the better deal me thinks

I think the Cupra is a better car than the ID3 and a closer call with the MG4 LR Trophy to be honest. As the availability of those is also quite good at the moment, I had to have a really good think before choosing the MG4. Still not 100% sure I have made the right decision

I think the Cupra is a better car than the ID3 and a closer call with the MG4 LR Trophy to be honest. As the availability of those is also quite good at the moment, I had to have a really good think before choosing the MG4. Still not 100% sure I have made the right decision
It’s difficult not seeing the physical MG4 yet, I would think once you have you’ll be able to make an informed decision.

I think the swipy steering wheel controls on the Born would get on my thrupennies. But other than that it's a nice looking car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back