MG4 Insurance Issues

I went with Admiral but at a far greater cost than with my ZS with LV.
Can I ask how much your ZS was vs the MG4 ?

My MG4 will be my first ev and I’m getting quotes of £550 !!!! ( guessing because it’s not on everyone’s database / unknown ) my Merc 2019 A250 cost £300 and golf 2014 £250 by comparison.

You could try Bikesure, who insure non standard motorcycles, so they are very flexible and I believe offer car insurance
. Might be worth a punt.

We have another MG4 insurer! NFU will now insure MG4 if you have the ABI code. My current insurer Lloyds could not quote so I cancelled. Took out 5 day mg drive away insurance to pick the car up yesterday. Admiral quoted £600!! & NFU took the time to contact their underwriters & came back with a quote of £380. Now a very happy bunny- the car‘s not bad either😀

Can I ask how much your ZS was vs the MG4 ?

My MG4 will be my first ev and I’m getting quotes of £550 !!!! ( guessing because it’s not on everyone’s database / unknown ) my Merc 2019 A250 cost £300 and golf 2014 £250 by comparison.
I was also quoted around the £550 by Admiral. My current ZSEV Excite is £241

We have another MG4 insurer! NFU will now insure MG4 if you have the ABI code. My current insurer Lloyds could not quote so I cancelled. Took out 5 day mg drive away insurance to pick the car up yesterday. Admiral quoted £600!! & NFU took the time to contact their underwriters & came back with a quote of £380. Now a very happy bunny- the car‘s not bad either😀
Looks like it's starting to appear on the underwriters data bases :)

Hi thanks for the info LV wont insure me as not listed so have now gone to NFU and sorted. cheers Baz.

I was flat out told there is no drive away insurance available through MG. Was this a dealer policy?

I was flat out told there is no drive away insurance available through MG. Was this a dealer policy?
Some dealers not set up with the insurance arm. Ring 03301027798 for your free 5 days and an annual quote you'll laugh at. Hopefully after the 5 days more insurers will have it listed.

Picking up Trophy next Thursday, NFU getting back to me tomorrow. With £150xs, meerkat got me a quote with Admiral of £387(quite happy with that)
Admiral site quoted me £680

Come on NFU !!!

Daughters admiral quote was £1385 via confused. Called them as when we went through to site it went up to £2403. Forgot I am with admiral so ended up with multicard for 55 days costing her £91. Still can't get my head round it but done now ready for Saturday..

Some dealers not set up with the insurance arm. Ring 03301027798 for your free 5 days and an annual quote you'll laugh at. Hopefully after the 5 days more insurers will have it listed.
Thanks. Really helpful. Have called and set up 5 day insurance and have indeed laughed at the annual quote!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back